Thread: Don't stop fighting. page

Stupid Yeti is offline Member

Don't stop fighting.

Saw a really overweight man up near Strawberry Junction in the San Jacinto wilderness. He stopped me and asked if there was a water source close by. There is, but he had no water treatment so I treated it for him.

Sat and talked for a few. He started hiking at 4 am so he could make it to the peak he is doing paleo and is committed to improving his health so I wrote down the marks daily apple on a piece of paper and gave it to him.
    Pretty damn encouraging. Never stop fighting. No matter how insurmountable your road ahead seems.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

jenna is offline Senior Member
    Agreed! Everyone starts somewhere and some people's journeys are harder than other's. If anybody if feeling like it's too hard right now I just wanted to give some motivation and let you know you can do it! :-)

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Had he taken the tram or did he hike up the Cactus to Clouds?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 195 x 3

Stupid Yeti is offline Member
    He was hiking from deer Springs trailhead on 243 just north of Idyllwild to San Jack peak. ~9 miles each way, over 4500 feet of elevation gain.

Not as brutal as cactus t clouds or loss tramway but it's fricken brutal with the fresh snow we have and the rugged rail up there.

You live in the area? If you come up to hike shoot me a message. I need to find some hiking partners. Steaks at my place!

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Last edited by Stupid Yeti; 03-29-2014 at 09:41 AM.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I don't live in the San Jacinto area. I live in Santa Barbara. I did Cactus to Clouds once and it was the toughest hike ever. I didn't make it to the top of San Jacinto and I took the tram down. I've also hiked the San Jacinto section of the PCT several times. That's got to be one of the most rugged and dangerous places to hike in the state. Most people don't know that. Props to that guy doing an 18 mile hike in one day up there!
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 195 x 3