Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The ULTIMATE and COOLEST gelatin thread EVER MADE. page

TQP
    TQP is offline Senior Member

The ULTIMATE and COOLEST gelatin thread EVER MADE.

Shop Now
    There was a thread like this a long time ago, but it was back when gelatin was seen as a weird Peaters' thing and MDA'ers shamefully took gelatin in the alleyways hoping no one will out them.

Now there's a new dawn... so we shall have a new thread!

Post your recipes, questions, research, and testimonials on gelatin/bone broth right in this thread. Or just post pretty pictures of your latest gelatin creations. Troubleshooting recipes is also welcome. Hopefully this will prevent the duplicity of questions and threads asking the same darn thing every 4 threads. Also this will ensure we all have one place to check instead of ...20.

-TQP

--------------------------

Recipe Links (To Be Updated)

--------------------------

Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    OK, first question, Beef Gelatin or Pork? whats the difference (nutritionally speaking) which is better & why..?
    Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    Glycine is higher in Pork, so if you're using gelatin to balance aminos, pork is slightly better. I take both.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfi56 View Post
    Weird question, but has anyone found a "cleaner" way to make bone broth? Made it yesterday, and it was delicious but required a lot of dishes to take out the bones, strain it twice, etc. =more dishes to clean, which me no likey. Although homemade of course has lots of benefits, it was kind of expensive to make, considering it was $7 for a batch of grassed beef bones from the butcher vs buying a can of broth for $2.
    Quote Originally Posted by girlhk View Post
    I make beef broth once a week or two in a slow cooker. I pour the final product into mason jars and store in the fridge. After dumping out the bones, the only vessel to clean is the slow cooker. I don't bother with straining.. I also don't use grass-fed because there's none here. I take out the fat after the broth solidifies.
    Last edited by TQP; 03-27-2014 at 02:38 PM.
    JOURNAL.

Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog. (Latest recipe: Favorite Smoothies Recipes!)

Professional Style Website. (Latest features: Andrea, Random House Author; Tara, Digital Media Producer)

Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants.- Karl Lagerfeld

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    OK, first question, Beef Gelatin or Pork? whats the difference (nutritionally speaking) which is better & why..?
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

TQP
    Glycine is higher in Pork, so if you're using gelatin to balance aminos, pork is slightly better. I take both.
    JOURNAL.

Professional Style Website. (Latest features: Andrea, Random House Author; Tara, Digital Media Producer)

Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants.- Karl Lagerfeld

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    thats handy cause they(iherb) wont ship beef gelatin to the UK but I can get pork type shipped
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    I feel like a tool marking my place, but I have nothing to add constructively

But I am intending to add gelatin to my next bone broth batch, so I shall glean from the temple's wisdom.

M.

Elliot is offline Senior Member
    I buy beef tendon and slow cook it. Then I add molasses and make a sort of molasses jello.

TQP

The ULTIMATE and COOLEST gelatin thread EVER MADE.

Anyone who finds/found recipes: post and I will update the first post with links.

Anyone who found less joint pain etc with gelatin: post and I will add quotes to the first post.
    JOURNAL.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    I've been occasionally making creme caramel since forever. It's basically very similar to this recipe. I'm thinking to add gelatin to it next time I make some.
    Do you think I should use hydrolyzed, instead of the non-hydrolyzed gelatin dissolved in hot milk?

TQP
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    I've been occasionally making creme caramel since forever. It's basically very similar to this recipe. I'm thinking to add gelatin to it next time I make some.
    Do you think I should use hydrolyzed, instead of the non-hydrolyzed gelatin dissolved in hot milk?
    I think hydrolyzed since the regular stuff will alter the texture?

What does everyone else think? I think you might end up with some sort of jello/pudding thing if you use regular... But not sure.
    JOURNAL.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    I think hydrolyzed since the regular stuff will alter the texture?
    I have a ton of the regular stuff (plain old Knox and Great Lakes in the red canister). I actually like the jell-o texture a lot. My only concern is everything turning very gritty as I bake the custard. I've never baked anything with gelatin before, but dissolving it first should prevent that from happening. Only one way to find out

Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast