Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 486

Thread: The ULTIMATE and COOLEST gelatin thread EVER MADE. page 41

  1. #401
    DinoHunter's Avatar
    DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,195
    Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post

    Is pork skin gelatine as good as other types??
    Yeah, no beef gelly here :P

    I get the pork gelatine from this place MM Ingredients - Supplying those hard to get ingredients
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

    http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

  2. #402
    joeyd's Avatar
    joeyd is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    61
    Sorry, there's so much to wade through in this topic. What does Ray peat suggest in terms of gelatin, beef or pork?

  3. #403
    namelesswonder's Avatar
    namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    12,402


    Can you even tell that it grew? Well, I can now put my hair into a tiny ponytail or pigtails. 4 TB of collagen hydrosylate (Great Lakes Gelatin) every day. I'll continue the experiment for my nails at the very least. I have to decide if I want to trim the back to even everything out or just let it grow wild for a bit.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

  4. #404
    lorichka6's Avatar
    lorichka6 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    558
    Just wanted to share a gelatin concoction

    I've never been a fan of jello so in an attempt to eat more gelatin I thought making a banana jello might make it a little smoother and less like the translucent jello I never liked as a kid.

    2 med/large bananas
    1 cup water
    2 tbsp gelatin - bloomed
    tbsp vanilla extract, tsp almond extract

    Heat bananas and water in a pot and mash up the bananas as they cook. Simmer too sweeten. Add in extracts (I find the touch of almond extract to sweeten it just a bit). I'm sure butter or coconut oil to fry the bananas and caramelize them would only improve this. Add in bloomed gelatin and stir. Put in container and cool. This firms up a lot - not just like jello since I'm using so much gelatin - more like gummy bear consistency. I really like them and eat a chunk of this each day + a piece with each low gelatin meat serving (burger, chicken thigh, etc).

    My nails have definitely gotten much stronger since I've been increasing gelatin (only 2-3 weeks at this point) and my ankle pain is greatly diminished. Not sure about causation here but I'm not complaining!

  5. #405
    WeldingHank's Avatar
    WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lawrence,Ma
    Posts
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post


    Can you even tell that it grew? Well, I can now put my hair into a tiny ponytail or pigtails. 4 TB of collagen hydrosylate (Great Lakes Gelatin) every day. I'll continue the experiment for my nails at the very least. I have to decide if I want to trim the back to even everything out or just let it grow wild for a bit.
    gelatin success stories? YAH!

    Maybe it's something else, but consuming 3tbs/day of gelatin has stopped my nose from bleeding. It used to just bleed looking at it wrong, now I can get punched in the nose and not worry about it.

  6. #406
    namelesswonder's Avatar
    namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    12,402
    Quote Originally Posted by WeldingHank View Post
    gelatin success stories? YAH!

    Maybe it's something else, but consuming 3tbs/day of gelatin has stopped my nose from bleeding. It used to just bleed looking at it wrong, now I can get punched in the nose and not worry about it.
    I've been a bit lazy about my collagen intake so far this month, but my hair is still growing at a noticeable rate. It's been so long since I grew it out to this length, I don't know if this is a normal rate or not, but it feels thicker to me.

    Oooo I've always suffered from nosebleeds in the winter. Maybe gelatin will help with that a bit. I used a neti pot for most of last winter and that helped a lot.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

  7. #407
    noodletoy's Avatar
    noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    land of the glass pinecones
    Posts
    3,360
    Quote Originally Posted by WeldingHank View Post
    now I can get punched in the nose and not worry about it.
    i know lawrence can be a rough town, but is this a thing for you?
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

    Ernest Hemingway

  8. #408
    TQP's Avatar
    TQP
    TQP is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,192

  9. #409
    TQP's Avatar
    TQP
    TQP is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,192
    Has anyone else experienced a MUCH faster recovery from various injuries on gelatin?

    This summer, I was moving around some furniture/etc. and sliced my knee wide open. It healed in less than 3.5 weeks.

    Last Sunday, I was involved in a car crash. The car crashed into where I was sitting at a least 45mph (maybe way more), both cars were totaled, I had a giant bump on my head (at some point I had 4 giant bumps and looked like a Trekie), the other 4 people in my car sitting in other parts of the car all were advised to take pain pills and that we will be sore for a VERY long time. One of my car companions has been bed-ridden with aches this past week and I've felt 100% recovered (i.e. no soreness and the bump magically healed in no time) since 3-4 days post-crash. I stopped taking ibuprofen around the 36th hour post-crash. I had to travel by plane and carry my own 100lbs of luggage (a bunch of photoshoot clothes/jewelry) up and down the stairs around the 48th hour post-crash even though I wasn't supposed to lift anything heavy. :P

    I've been taking around 1T to 1/4 cup for a year now and post-car crash I made sure I got at least 1/4 cup in daily. I was trying to get my car crash companions to take some gelatin but they just think I'm crazy. (Somehow they'll rather self-medicate with ___ and alcohol, oh welllll.)

    I would love to think I'm just superwoman but obviousllllly it's the gelatin right?
    Last edited by TQP; 09-01-2014 at 05:46 AM.

  10. #410
    TQP's Avatar
    TQP
    TQP is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,192
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by lorichka6 View Post
    Just wanted to share a gelatin concoction

    I've never been a fan of jello so in an attempt to eat more gelatin I thought making a banana jello might make it a little smoother and less like the translucent jello I never liked as a kid.

    2 med/large bananas
    1 cup water
    2 tbsp gelatin - bloomed
    tbsp vanilla extract, tsp almond extract

    Heat bananas and water in a pot and mash up the bananas as they cook. Simmer too sweeten. Add in extracts (I find the touch of almond extract to sweeten it just a bit). I'm sure butter or coconut oil to fry the bananas and caramelize them would only improve this. Add in bloomed gelatin and stir. Put in container and cool. This firms up a lot - not just like jello since I'm using so much gelatin - more like gummy bear consistency. I really like them and eat a chunk of this each day + a piece with each low gelatin meat serving (burger, chicken thigh, etc).

    My nails have definitely gotten much stronger since I've been increasing gelatin (only 2-3 weeks at this point) and my ankle pain is greatly diminished. Not sure about causation here but I'm not complaining!
    Yayyy.

Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •