Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: The ULTIMATE and COOLEST gelatin thread EVER MADE. page 31

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermyone View Post
    I think you usually use ice or frozen fruit to get the thickness?? Will gelatin suffice, or is it a different kind of thickness?

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk
    Gelatin doesn't really add volume. It would become more dense, which is not really the same as how it thickens with the crushed cold stuff. Ever had Jello? Think slushy yellow (though I think you'd have to add a lot of gelatin to get it remotely like that).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Hermyone is offline Senior Member
    Nevermind... will probably stick with frozen fruit... I unfortunately hate jello... thx for the info though

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk

Energy! is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfi56 View Post
    My face isn't actually oily, its just pimply and kind of dry if that makes sense. I have heard of benefits of coconut oil for skin, but there's so many types out there I don't know which is the one you use for skin, and I also hate the smell of coconut if I'm using it as a body product. I'm worried about the coconut smell, and it's always like $15/jar, so I've been reluctant to ever buy coconut oil-Any place to get it affordably?
    Hair-haha I have never washed my hair more than 2x a week since I was a kid, out of pure laziness. Again, too lazy to ever do anything to my hair other than blow dry. I tried just mostly air drying and blow drying only on the cold setting a col nights ago-not sure if it helped.
    My neighbor cooks with LouAna coconut oil from WalMart or the local grocery store because it doesn't have a coconut smell or taste. Personally, the more scent/taste the better, but to each their own! I would think it's refined so no idea about it's usefulness for skin care. I slather it on skin and add a teensy bit to my coarse, humidity-sensitive hair, which is usually air-dried (my hair, that is.)

Nourished is offline Senior Member
    I got my cylinder of Great Lakes protein last Friday. So my backstory is I've been obese for practically my whole life. I got a new job where I have to walk for over an hour during my commute every day and there's also some standing, walking, lifting, etc. on the job. That coupled with having no car and walking everywhere on the weekends in my city has given me crippling joint pain. I've been using NSAIDs for a few years just so I can do the things I need to do to get around. They have a range of side effects and to be honest they only take the edge off of the pain.

I've been losing weight slowly by eating primally over the past year (50 lbs lost so far). This has helped immensely but I still have pain in the meantime. I mean to lose weight slowly because I think that's the best way to go for my health and metabolism. Three weeks ago I quit coffee because it was making me moody- this made a big difference in my joint pain, big enough that I quit taking the NSAIDs although I was in quite a bit of pain still. I then decided I'd try gelatin since so many people seem to have noticed that it helps their joints.

So I've been taking two tablespoons worth of gelatin per day. I took a cup of dry gelatin (16 tbsp) and made jello by mixing it with hot water and then pure pomegranate juice. When it set I divided it into sixteen squares and I eat one square in the morning before I go to work and one in the evening after dinner. I didn't notice much until a day or two ago, but every day I have less and less pain. Today I have almost no pain- maybe a little stiffness after waking up or sitting for long periods. I'd say it has reduced my pain by 80%. My ankles and knees are not swollen, and they are more stable than I can remember in a long time.

I cannot believe how much better I feel. I was a 28 year old who limped around like an old lady for a long, long time. Now I walk around like normal, even midweek when it was the worst. Thank you so much for this thread!
    My food philosophy is whole foods, simply and traditionally prepared. Food should honor your taste, health, and the environment.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    WOW!!!!!! that's totally great.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

TQP
    TQP is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nourished View Post

So I've been taking two tablespoons worth of gelatin per day. I took a cup of dry gelatin (16 tbsp) and made jello by mixing it with hot water and then pure pomegranate juice. When it set I divided it into sixteen squares and I eat one square in the morning before I go to work and one in the evening after dinner. I didn't notice much until a day or two ago, but every day I have less and less pain. Today I have almost no pain- maybe a little stiffness after waking up or sitting for long periods. I'd say it has reduced my pain by 80%. My ankles and knees are not swollen, and they are more stable than I can remember in a long time.

I cannot believe how much better I feel. I was a 28 year old who limped around like an old lady for a long, long time. Now I walk around like normal, even midweek when it was the worst. Thank you so much for this thread!
    This makes happy. it was my intended effect for starting a thread...
    JOURNAL.
    Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog. (Latest recipe: Paleo Pizza Crust!)
    Professional Style Website. (Latest features: How to Remix a Pant Suit; Courtney, Fashion Editor)

Quote Originally Posted by Reventon View Post
    Swear like sailor, motorboat sexy foods. Solution to all of life's problems
    Especially hunger.
    ...not so much for Tourette's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emtropy View Post
    Talking about sexy people is always relevant

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    I got my cylinder of Great Lakes protein last Friday. So my backstory is I've been obese for practically my whole life. I got a new job where I have to walk for over an hour during my commute every day and there's also some standing, walking, lifting, etc. on the job. That coupled with having no car and walking everywhere on the weekends in my city has given me crippling joint pain. I've been using NSAIDs for a few years just so I can do the things I need to do to get around. They have a range of side effects and to be honest they only take the edge off of the pain.

I've been losing weight slowly by eating primally over the past year (50 lbs lost so far). This has helped immensely but I still have pain in the meantime. I mean to lose weight slowly because I think that's the best way to go for my health and metabolism. Three weeks ago I quit coffee because it was making me moody- this made a big difference in my joint pain, big enough that I quit taking the NSAIDs although I was in quite a bit of pain still. I then decided I'd try gelatin since so many people seem to have noticed that it helps their joints.

Awesomeness. Thanks for sharing! Very motivating to keep on top of gelatin intake.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Alfi56 is offline Senior Member

I'm so, so glad to hear that! I'm young as well and I know the frustration of feeling joint pains and like your body isn't working optimally.

Alfi56 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    I know vitacost has a giant 5lb jar that is affordable. Might also have a 1lb version.

It does kinda smell. I heard eating coconut oil or eating raw minced garlic also helps when acne.

Your acne sound like the cause is hormonal. Are they mostly on your forehead and cheeks?
    I don't think I want to invest in a 5lb or even 1 lb jar since i've never bought it before 0.0
    My cheeks are always wonderfully acne-free, most of it is on my forehead, like from my eyebrows to near my hairline.

Mamame is offline Senior Member
    Thought of this thread while making *jello* jigglers today.

2 1/2 cups fruit (we usually use frozen strawberries, blueberries or mango)
    1/2 cup lemon or lime juice - simmer until fruit is soft
    1-2 TBSP honey - I like them tart so usually only use 1 TBSP - the kids prefer them sweeter

blend with immersion blender and slowly add 1/2 cup gelatin.

Once all mixed pour into a parchment paper lined 8x11 pan and let set. Cut into cubes and enjoy!

Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast