Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: The ULTIMATE and COOLEST gelatin thread EVER MADE. page 30

Lockstock is offline Senior Member
    so...I couldn't find what I wanted on this thread -
    If I buy gelatin, which, I think as far as I can tell where I'm from comes only in the form of of gelatin sheets. Can I just crunch it up and put it in my coffee. I'm interested in this for skin and joint/tissue health benefits. Thanks

jkocol122 is offline Junior Member

Adding Gelatin To Food

Has anyone tried to add gelatin to regular foods? I can't find information anywhere about consuming gelatin without adding it to a liquid and I'd love to use it as a substitute for protein powder in my homemade protein bars...I just don't know if all the benefits will still stay.

jkocol122 is offline Junior Member
    You should buy Great Lakes Gelatin from amazon. It's the one I always use, comes in powdered form, and if you want to put it into your coffee, purchase the Collagen Hydrolysate (It doesn't gel)

Lockstock is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jkocol122 View Post
    You should buy Great Lakes Gelatin from amazon. It's the one I always use, comes in powdered form, and if you want to put it into your coffee, purchase the Collagen Hydrolysate (It doesn't gel)
    I'm not really in a position to order it online, like I said can I use the sheets?

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockstock View Post
    I'm not really in a position to order it online, like I said can I use the sheets?
    I don't see why not. From what I understand, compared to powdered form gelatin sheets take longer to dissolve.

What's the Difference? Gelatin Powder, Gelatin Sheets, and Leaf Gelatin | The Kitchn

Basic Technique: How to Work with Gelatin | The Kitchn

Hermyone is offline Senior Member
    If I put gelatin (non hydrosylate) in a smoothie can I skip the ice?

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk

TQP
    TQP is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermyone View Post
    If I put gelatin (non hydrosylate) in a smoothie can I skip the ice?

What do you mean?

Alfi56 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    Skin: try using coconut oil on face for moisturizer? It's a gentle antibacterial substance, and will force your face to produce less oils on its own.

Hair: wash your hair less often. At first it will feel gross. Then after 2 weeks your hair will thank you.

I use water that is below my body temperature, always, for showers. A blast of icy water on the hair at the end of the shower helps lock in moisture (the cold closes the follicles, sealing in the moisture).

Do you by any chance bleach, iron, blow dry, or color your hair? That would be the main problem. I only blow dry about 5x a year...interviews and major parties.
    My face isn't actually oily, its just pimply and kind of dry if that makes sense. I have heard of benefits of coconut oil for skin, but there's so many types out there I don't know which is the one you use for skin, and I also hate the smell of coconut if I'm using it as a body product. I'm worried about the coconut smell, and it's always like $15/jar, so I've been reluctant to ever buy coconut oil-Any place to get it affordably?
    Hair-haha I have never washed my hair more than 2x a week since I was a kid, out of pure laziness. Again, too lazy to ever do anything to my hair other than blow dry. I tried just mostly air drying and blow drying only on the cold setting a col nights ago-not sure if it helped.

TQP
    TQP is offline Senior Member
    I know vitacost has a giant 5lb jar that is affordable. Might also have a 1lb version.

It does kinda smell. I heard eating coconut oil or eating raw minced garlic also helps when acne.

Your acne sound like the cause is hormonal. Are they mostly on your forehead and cheeks?

Hermyone is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think you usually use ice or frozen fruit to get the thickness?? Will gelatin suffice, or is it a different kind of thickness?

Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast