Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: The ULTIMATE and COOLEST gelatin thread EVER MADE. page 29

TQP
    TQP is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by kathleen View Post
    I knew a girl who used only water to wash in the shower. She smelled perfectly normal, and her hair was simply amazing.

What happens when I try it? Greasy, disgusting hair that looked like it was slightly-wet at all time.
    Did you stretch it out gradually? I have only gotten to the point where my hair looks good day 2-3 of no shampoo. Before that, I had my hair up on the in-between shampoo days.

Even just less shampooing has helped a lot. That + gelatin + peat diet has made my hair super full now...
    JOURNAL.
    Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog. (Latest recipe: Paleo Pizza Crust!)
    Professional Style Website. (Latest features: How to Remix a Pant Suit; Courtney, Fashion Editor)

Quote Originally Posted by Reventon View Post
    Swear like sailor, motorboat sexy foods. Solution to all of life's problems
    Especially hunger.
    ...not so much for Tourette's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emtropy View Post
    Talking about sexy people is always relevant

Alfi56 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    On GELATIN:

Riding on Alfi's bubble tea topic, I'm looking to make the Jellies you can add to milk tea. I might make a coffee latte with jelly... that'll be the peatiest drink one can ever come up with!
    Ooh update us on that if it works out!
    I dont know if its an asian thing or just a japanese thing, but we have this coffee jelly dessert, with coffee jelly cubes that you pour cream over and often eat with ice cream. Dk if thats similar to what u were thinking of, tho

TQP
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfi56 View Post
    Ooh update us on that if it works out!
    I dont know if its an asian thing or just a japanese thing, but we have this coffee jelly dessert, with coffee jelly cubes that you pour cream over and often eat with ice cream. Dk if thats similar to what u were thinking of, tho
    Lol the jelly things you put in milk tea are always weird flavors like grass jelly... Ew.

I was thinking of milk jello in coffee latte, or coconut jello in jasmine milk tea.
    JOURNAL.
    Professional Style Website. (Latest features: How to Remix a Pant Suit; Courtney, Fashion Editor)

Especially hunger.

Lol the jelly things you put in milk tea are always weird flavors like grass jelly... Ew.

I was thinking of milk jello in coffee latte, or coconut jello in jasmine milk tea.
    I don't think coffee jelly is that weird, since coffee + cream is a typical combo. I think grass jelly is thai? Not sure- comes from the same place bubble tea comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Here is a tutorial on making ice cream without the maker: How To Make Ice Cream Without a Machine | David Lebovitz

Seems to take some effort, but... ice cream.
    Ah, I have tried that method before. The texture turns out icy rather than creamy unfortunately

Going back to the soap thing, has anyone noticed acne problems lessen by switching to natural soap? My face gets pimply if I miss even a day of washing my face with face cleanser, so I feel like using only soap might make my pimples worse.
    Also, I haven't noticed any significant difference in my dry skin or hair with the cold showers. My hair just feels a little less frizzy. Maybe my showers aren't cold enough? How do people handle them- at the end of a long day, my body/shoulders are sore/tight and the cold water doesn't help to loosen up and relax.

TQP
    Ah, I have tried that method before. The texture turns out icy rather than creamy unfortunately

Going back to the soap thing, has anyone noticed acne problems lessen by switching to natural soap? My face gets pimply if I miss even a day of washing my face with face cleanser, so I feel like using only soap might make my pimples worse.
    Also, I haven't noticed any significant difference in my dry skin or hair with the cold showers. My hair just feels a little less frizzy. Maybe my showers aren't cold enough? How do people handle them- at the end of a long day, my body/shoulders are sore/tight and the cold water doesn't help to loosen up and relax.

Skin: try using coconut oil on face for moisturizer? It's a gentle antibacterial substance, and will force your face to produce less oils on its own.

Hair: wash your hair less often. At first it will feel gross. Then after 2 weeks your hair will thank you.

I use water that is below my body temperature, always, for showers. A blast of icy water on the hair at the end of the shower helps lock in moisture (the cold closes the follicles, sealing in the moisture).

Do you by any chance bleach, iron, blow dry, or color your hair? That would be the main problem. I only blow dry about 5x a year...interviews and major parties.
    JOURNAL.

Especially hunger.

TQP
    I don't think coffee jelly is that weird, since coffee + cream is a typical combo. I think grass jelly is thai? Not sure- comes from the same place bubble tea comes from.
    Coffee jelly sounds awesome. I might try it.

Grass jelly doesn't taste bad, but doesn't taste good either.

I like weird Asian flavors usually... I like red bean and green tea ice cream.
    JOURNAL.

Especially hunger.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    anybody done a gelatin mask for their hair? saw it on the interwebz and may try it this weekend, but was hoping for personal experiences?

Gelatin hair mask
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

TQP
    Graycat says she adds gelatin to her shampoo...so same concept.
    JOURNAL.

Especially hunger.

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    I like weird Asian flavors usually... I like red bean and green tea ice cream.
    Those are weird?

Don't forget UBE! :3

M.

Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast