Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: The ULTIMATE and COOLEST gelatin thread EVER MADE.

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    Soap IMO is okay as long as you restore pH balance to the skin. It's no more harsh than facial cleansers, which are just fancy terms for soaps with higher price tags. Hence why I use a soap with less harsh ingredients than a face wash with more crappy ingredients.

Healthy skin tends to maintain its pH balance well, so I don't really care for the soap vs no soap distinction either.

Not sure why people (especially guys) are like omgggg soap on face!!! XD

Soap is better than oils because you can take the grease+dirt off with water (as soaps' chemicals have both hydrophobic and hydrophilic ends, rather than just hydrophobic like oil), rather than merely dissolve the dirt/oil in coconut oil and then smear it around on your face with a wipe. Oil method sounds... Inefficient to me.
    Water. Just water. Works well, feels good and decades down the line, you'll be SOOOO pleased you used - just water.

Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    Soap IMO is okay as long as you restore pH balance to the skin. It's no more harsh than facial cleansers, which are just fancy terms for soaps with higher price tags. Hence why I use a soap with less harsh ingredients than a face wash with more crappy ingredients.

Healthy skin tends to maintain its pH balance well, so I don't really care for the soap vs no soap distinction either.

Not sure why people (especially guys) are like omgggg soap on face!!! XD

Soap is better than oils because you can take the grease+dirt off with water (as soaps' chemicals have both hydrophobic and hydrophilic ends, rather than just hydrophobic like oil), rather than merely dissolve the dirt/oil in coconut oil and then smear it around on your face with a wipe. Oil method sounds... Inefficient to me.
    ^^Has a point, soap is efficient because the hydrophobic ends solvate dirt+ oils. That's the point of soap.
    I find water isn't enough to rinse the gunk off of me at the end of the day. My skin texture isn't bad but not great, but when I don't use cleaner and wash with with just water, I break out.
    Next time I'm out of soap, I'll try Bronners for face soap instead of my current cleanser and see if that helps my face.

I knew a girl who used only water to wash in the shower. She smelled perfectly normal, and her hair was simply amazing.

What happens when I try it? Greasy, disgusting hair that looked like it was slightly-wet at all time.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Quote Originally Posted by kathleen View Post
    I knew a girl who used only water to wash in the shower. She smelled perfectly normal, and her hair was simply amazing.

What happens when I try it? Greasy, disgusting hair that looked like it was slightly-wet at all time.
    Lol I feel you. genetics man.

Thought this recipe needed to be in this thread: Mr. Softee-Style Vanilla Bean Soft Serve | Serious Eats : Recipes

Sounds SO GOOD! I think I will try a dairy-free variation with coconut milk/water.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Thought this recipe needed to be in this thread: Mr. Softee-Style Vanilla Bean Soft Serve | Serious Eats : Recipes

Sounds SO GOOD! I think I will try a dairy-free variation with coconut milk/water.
    Do you think its possible to make that w/o an ice cream maker?

Quote Originally Posted by Alfi56 View Post
    Do you think its possible to make that w/o an ice cream maker?
    Here is a tutorial on making ice cream without the maker: How To Make Ice Cream Without a Machine | David Lebovitz

Seems to take some effort, but... ice cream.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

I just LOVE frozen ripened fruit, pureed. Best "ice cream" ever, and I actually have an ice cream maker that I'm probably reselling.

On GELATIN:

Riding on Alfi's bubble tea topic, I'm looking to make the Jellies you can add to milk tea. I might make a coffee latte with jelly... that'll be the peatiest drink one can ever come up with!

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by kathleen View Post

Did you stretch it out gradually? I have only gotten to the point where my hair looks good day 2-3 of no shampoo. Before that, I had my hair up on the in-between shampoo days.

Even just less shampooing has helped a lot. That + gelatin + peat diet has made my hair super full now...