Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: The ULTIMATE and COOLEST gelatin thread EVER MADE. page 27

tonydeluce is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yes, the gelatin dissolved / mixed into the batter uniformly and there were no "chunks" scattered around. The pancakes were moist and delicious but you do have to make sure they are cooked well on one side before turning over.. I made four pancakes per 12 inch pan ( which made about 8 small to medium size pancakes ) and they turned over no problem.

I am definitely not one for "faleo" type foods but this is something I will definitely be eating a couple times a month with raw butter and real maple syrup!

Thanks for the heads up on using more than one T of gelatin per pint and yes basically just making flavored water :-)

TQP
    TQP is offline Senior Member
    I put the regular gelatin (not the hydrolyzed) in smoothies, soups, sauces (stir fry/curry/stew), etc. Also goes into oatmeal. :P not that oatmeal is a paleo thing ...

I tend to use hydrolyzed but I ran out of it for about a week (now I am restocked) and just sprinkled on everything. Today I sprinkled gelatin on my macro bowl.

tonydeluce is offline Member
    Thanks again TQP!

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    you know to dilute the dr. bronner's, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Alfi56 View Post
    wait...does it say that on the bottle? text is so small i never bothered to read the instructions....lol
    the stuff written on that bottle is cray-cray. definitely worth a read. i have various dilutions around the house for handwashing in the bathroom and dishwashing in the kitchen.

i don't ever use soap on my body or face.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

TQP

The ULTIMATE and COOLEST gelatin thread EVER MADE.

I don't dilute the soap, but then again I don't use it for anything else other than for makeup removal/etc, soooo it lasts me for months and months.

I honestly think skin is all about what your other habits are in life, rather than skin creams/washes/etc. I can always tell if someone partied her/his way through the teens and 20's...even if that person is a well-paid model who has access to all of the best beauty products, acid peels, and beauty advice.

My skin looks horrible after 2-3 days of little sleep. All dull and gross...likely because I didn't have the second sleep cycle for my body to rejuvenate itself. I am huge on beauty sleep.

Speaking of acid peels, I used leftover pineapple peels for an "acid peel" today...followed by copious amounts of aloe vera.
    Last edited by TQP; 05-05-2014 at 10:42 AM.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    I don't dilute the soap, but then again I don't use it for anything else other than for makeup removal, soooo it lasts me for months and months.
    Good to know that it can be used as makeup remover. Someone gave me some of that stuff a while back and so far I have found it utterly useless. Those of you who dilute it in order to use it as household cleaner, what is the soap/water ratio?

Good to know about the pineapple "acid peel" too.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    I don't dilute the soap, but then again I don't use it for anything else other than for makeup removal/etc, soooo it lasts me for months and months.

I honestly think skin is all about what your other habits are in life, rather than skin creams/washes/etc. I can always tell if someone partied her/his way through the teens and 20's...even if that person is a well-paid model who has access to all of the best beauty products, acid peels, and beauty advice.

My skin looks horrible after 2-3 days of little sleep. All dull and gross...likely because I didn't have the second sleep cycle for my body to rejuvenate itself. I am huge on beauty sleep.

Speaking of acid peels, I used leftover pineapple peels for an "acid peel" today...followed by copious amounts of aloe vera.
    Well, I partied through my teens and twenties - and thirties, forties and fifties. Don't use / didn't use soap on my face, ate well and always ate butter and used sat fats (lard, mainly) for cooking. Drank / drink LOADS of water each day. And here I am, in my sixties with a clear, unlined skin and always being taken for at least 10 years less than my age.

I reckon soap is a dreadful thing to do to skin! And sat fat is SO good for skin. As is tons of veg / fruit and ---loads of wine!!

Edited to add - I'm male, and so no make up to remove...
    Last edited by breadsauce; 05-05-2014 at 11:00 AM.

TQP
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Good to know that it can be used as makeup remover. Someone gave me some of that stuff a while back and so far I have found it utterly useless. Those of you who dilute it in order to use it as household cleaner, what is the soap/water ratio?

Good to know about the pineapple "acid peel" too.
    Well all soaps/oils can be somewhat useful for washing off makeup. I just prefer this one bc it's cheap. #asian

Don't use that stuff near eyes! Use coconut oil for tough eyes makeup.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    I reckon soap is a dreadful thing to do to skin! And sat fat is SO good for skin. As is tons of veg / fruit and ---loads of wine!!

Edited to add - I'm male, and so no make up to remove...
    with healthy, well-balanced skin i don't see the need to strip the natural oils with soaps and cleansers. same with hair. eta: i don't wear face-make-up. just eye make-up that comes off pretty easily.

shrugs.

everybody is different and what works in your 20s doesn't always work in your 40s.

agree that good food and plenty of sleep really help.

smoking really ravages a face. by the time my mom was 40, she looked older than her own mother who had soft porcelain skin.

As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Don't use that stuff near eyes! Use coconut oil for tough eyes makeup.
    But that's where I need it, face powder washes off easily with just cold water and lipstick for the most part gets ingested, yuck! I quit using soap to wash my face with few months ago, so CO it is.

In attempt to get back on topic I'd just add that I mix gelatin with shampoo. I think it strengthens the hair follicles. I no longer have problems with shedding, but still do that.

Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast