Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: The ULTIMATE and COOLEST gelatin thread EVER MADE. page 23

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    how do you take the msm and where do you get it?

gah, i already feel like i take too many potions with daily gelatin, potato starch, kefir milk and water, vitamin d3 and magnesium citrate pills, lol.
    MSM Qs? Wow, I thought I was practically the only one around here who uses MSM for anything at all!

MSM is "methylsulfonomethane" a form of sulfur that your body metabolizes as a major byproduct of the chelator known as DMSO.

Methylsulfonylmethane - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Right now I have a bottle of Bluebonnet MSM but there are a ton of brands and I know Whole Foods, Vitamin Shoppe, GNC, etc. all sell it as do a bajillion online vendors. Just make sure, that like with theanine pills needing to say "suntheanine" on the bottle, your bottle of MSM says "OptiMSM" somewhere on it. This verifies the source of MSM your brand uses has been tested for impurities and toxins and should be 100% sulfur.

Here's some info on what MSM does:

Are the Health Benefits of MSM Related to Sulfur?
    MSM For Healthy Hair, Nails & Skin
    MSM improves hair growth

Edit: If you REALLY want to up your sulfur intake... Garlic Tweaked with MSM - YouTube
    Last edited by Drumroll; 04-28-2014 at 05:26 PM.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    ok. will give it a shot.

thanks.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    ok. will give it a shot.

thanks.
    Welcome noodle!

Admittedly, some of the info on MSM is still being investigated, but it shows promise in many areas.

Maybe your experience can provide some valuable insight. Let us know if it solves your nail issues and maybe some you didn't even know you had?

It's very synergistic with gelatin if nothing else.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    and there would seem to be no down-side... other than the 6 weeks they say it takes to see results.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    The end of the first paragraph here

Methylsulfonylmethane - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

startled me...

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    That's how those cancer detecting dogs get you, I guess.

M.

TQP
    TQP is online now Senior Member

Gelatin, banana, gf oatmeal cookies. Mixed in with dried blueberries annnnd white chocolate chips, my favorite combo in cookies.
    JOURNAL.

Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog. (Latest recipe: Popsicles!)

Professional Style Website. (Latest features: How to Remix a Pant Suit; Courtney, Fashion Editor)

"A sense of humour and a little lack of respect: that's what you need to make a legend survive."- Karl Lagerfeld

d-roc is offline Member
    Is it ok to mix gelatin with creatine in water and drink it since I am taking both anyways?

TQP
    TQP is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by d-roc View Post
    Is it ok to mix gelatin with creatine in water and drink it since I am taking both anyways?
    I don't see why not...

I take egg white, whey, and gelatin together very often. 😁
    JOURNAL.

Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog. (Latest recipe: Popsicles!)

Professional Style Website. (Latest features: How to Remix a Pant Suit; Courtney, Fashion Editor)

"A sense of humour and a little lack of respect: that's what you need to make a legend survive."- Karl Lagerfeld

Alfi56 is offline Senior Member
    Do you think it's possible to make boba-like pearls from gelatin to replicate that chewy texture? There's soooo many boba places where I live and so far I have been good not drinking it (like EVERYONE) bc there's probably crappy additives in the pearls, + super high in sugar + crappy milk, but its hard to resist. :P Might be worth a shot to try making it homemade.

Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast