Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 438

Thread: The ULTIMATE and COOLEST gelatin thread EVER MADE. page 18

  1. #171
    TQP's Avatar
    TQP
    TQP is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,913

    The ULTIMATE and COOLEST gelatin thread EVER MADE.

    Shop Now
    I usually leave the food porn in my journal but I had to share this! Partially because it is gelatin-related... Partially because with all of the shitty excuses for granola/cereal I finally find one that I enjoy eating.

    Reposting:

    HCLF peaty breakfast granola/cereal:



    Banana "milk": hydrolyzed gelatin, 1.5 cups coconut water, 1 ripe frozen banana, 1T "date paste" (puréed medjool dates... You can omit this or add 1 maple syrup). Optional: 1/2 scoop vanilla whey. (Obviously you can use regular milk... I just wanted banana flavored milk and ran out of coconut milk or regular milk)

    Sliced fresh ripe banana (1/2)
    Sliced fresh ripe mango (1/3)
    Dried banana chips (dehydrator)
    Freeze dried mangoes (unsulfured, taste like mango rice puffs... Tj's brand)
    Freeze dried bananas (taste like banana rice puffs... Tj's brand)
    Roasted coconut chips (with sugar/coconut oil, tj's brand). I only added a tiny sprinkle.

    Mix, enjoy.

    I have been thinking about this all day yesterday.

    The tj's banana is good, but just a bit underripe IMO... I would buy again because the texture is amazing. The tj's mango is just fucking awesome.
    Last edited by TQP; 04-17-2014 at 10:15 AM.
    JOURNAL.
    Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog. (Latest recipe: Paleo Pizza Crust!)
    Professional Style Website. (Latest features: How to Remix a Pant Suit; Courtney, Fashion Editor)

    Quote Originally Posted by Reventon View Post
    Swear like sailor, motorboat sexy foods. Solution to all of life's problems
    Especially hunger.
    ...not so much for Tourette's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emtropy View Post
    Talking about sexy people is always relevant

  2. #172
    MomMD's Avatar
    MomMD is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    12
    For us newbies, what is the benefit of geletin? and why on earth would you want to make beef gelatin? i can see the above recipe for pancakes but what is the health reasons? Sorry if this is a basic question

  3. #173
    Hannakb's Avatar
    Hannakb is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,947
    Quote Originally Posted by MomMD View Post
    For us newbies, what is the benefit of geletin? and why on earth would you want to make beef gelatin? i can see the above recipe for pancakes but what is the health reasons? Sorry if this is a basic question
    Not a full answer but people buy expensive supplements like glucosamine and collagen and some other stuff for joint pains and muscle building when you could eat bone broths or gelatin. (Doesnt necessarily have to be beef)

    Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

  4. #174
    Elliot's Avatar
    Elliot is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,000
    When rats are fed diets low in methionine, cysteine, or tryptophan, or diets high in glycine, they tend to live longer. Gelatin is low in methionine, cysteine, and tryptophan, but high in glycine. So if humans are anything like rats a diet with more gelatin and less muscle tissue should promote longevity.

  5. #175
    TQP's Avatar
    TQP
    TQP is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,913

    The ULTIMATE and COOLEST gelatin thread EVER MADE.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elliot View Post
    When rats are fed diets low in methionine, cysteine, or tryptophan, or diets high in glycine, they tend to live longer. Gelatin is low in methionine, cysteine, and tryptophan, but high in glycine. So if humans are anything like rats a diet with more gelatin and less muscle tissue should promote longevity.
    ^^^
    I take it for mostly this reason... To balance out the aminos. Our ancestors ate more skin, tendons, etc that had collagen (gelatin). Many paleo folks eat muscle meat upon muscle meat... Not really that paleo.

    Also, I take it because it makes my skin, hair, and nails look amazzzzzing. I am hoping this is edible Botox so to speak... Since all of the beauty creams are filled with collagen, and here I am eating it.

    I am hoping that 20 years down the road I will not only thank myself for better skin preservation, but also for better joint health. Gelatin is part of my long term beauty preservation strategy along with plenty of sleep, coconut, sun screen (yes I disagree with the paleo crowd on this pt), and little alcohol/drugs/etc. Gelatin is also part of my LT strategy for better joint/bone health along with lifting heavy, etc. I do a lot of things to be preventive so later I don't have to try to fix things I've damaged in my youth.
    Last edited by TQP; 04-17-2014 at 10:00 PM.
    JOURNAL.
    Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog. (Latest recipe: Paleo Pizza Crust!)
    Professional Style Website. (Latest features: How to Remix a Pant Suit; Courtney, Fashion Editor)

    Quote Originally Posted by Reventon View Post
    Swear like sailor, motorboat sexy foods. Solution to all of life's problems
    Especially hunger.
    ...not so much for Tourette's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emtropy View Post
    Talking about sexy people is always relevant

  6. #176
    Alfi56's Avatar
    Alfi56 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    I usually leave the food porn in my journal but I had to share this! Partially because it is gelatin-related... Partially because with all of the shitty excuses for granola/cereal I finally find one that I enjoy eating.

    Reposting:

    HCLF peaty breakfast granola/cereal:



    Banana "milk": hydrolyzed gelatin, 1.5 cups coconut water, 1 ripe frozen banana, 1T "date paste" (puréed medjool dates... You can omit this or add 1 maple syrup). Optional: 1/2 scoop vanilla whey. (Obviously you can use regular milk... I just wanted banana flavored milk and ran out of coconut milk or regular milk)

    Sliced fresh ripe banana (1/2)
    Sliced fresh ripe mango (1/3)
    Dried banana chips (dehydrator)
    Freeze dried mangoes (unsulfured, taste like mango rice puffs... Tj's brand)
    Freeze dried bananas (taste like banana rice puffs... Tj's brand)
    Roasted coconut chips (with sugar/coconut oil, tj's brand). I only added a tiny sprinkle.

    Mix, enjoy.

    I have been thinking about this all day yesterday.

    The tj's banana is good, but just a bit underripe IMO... I would buy again because the texture is amazing. The tj's mango is just fucking awesome.
    I had a random idea, but i imagine you could make something like mango butter: ground up freeze dried mango + coconut oil or melted cocoa butter, like you would with powdered PB or cocoa powder. Might be good on top of mango custard. Just a thought:P

  7. #177
    MEversbergII's Avatar
    MEversbergII is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Lexington Park, MD
    Posts
    2,145
    Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    Also, I take it because it makes my skin, hair, and nails look amazzzzzing. I am hoping this is edible Botox so to speak... Since all of the beauty creams are filled with collagen, and here I am eating it.


    M.

  8. #178
    TQP's Avatar
    TQP
    TQP is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,913
    Lollllllll.

    Luckily my mom is 50+ and still good looking... Hopefully I am good...
    JOURNAL.
    Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog. (Latest recipe: Paleo Pizza Crust!)
    Professional Style Website. (Latest features: How to Remix a Pant Suit; Courtney, Fashion Editor)

    Quote Originally Posted by Reventon View Post
    Swear like sailor, motorboat sexy foods. Solution to all of life's problems
    Especially hunger.
    ...not so much for Tourette's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emtropy View Post
    Talking about sexy people is always relevant

  9. #179
    Gorbag's Avatar
    Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ecuador
    Posts
    3,876
    I have always liked Jello for desserts myself, but I started incorporate gelatin regularly into my diet a couple of years ago and I now eat it every day due to the good effects that I see from using it; finger and toe nails grows stronger and faster, little or no joint pains after lifting, better hair and less dry skin are among things that I notice. And Jello is also very tasty together with coffee and helps hydrate me before the more substantial meals in the late afternoon.

    So yes, I definitely belong to the gelatin cult now…
    Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

  10. #180
    TQP's Avatar
    TQP
    TQP is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,913

    The ULTIMATE and COOLEST gelatin thread EVER MADE.

    Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post


    M.
    Still laughing at this. The Asian melting face syndrome.

    Watching my mommy fearfully...
    JOURNAL.
    Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog. (Latest recipe: Paleo Pizza Crust!)
    Professional Style Website. (Latest features: How to Remix a Pant Suit; Courtney, Fashion Editor)

    Quote Originally Posted by Reventon View Post
    Swear like sailor, motorboat sexy foods. Solution to all of life's problems
    Especially hunger.
    ...not so much for Tourette's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emtropy View Post
    Talking about sexy people is always relevant

Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •