Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Very long post - paleo with a serious hunger issue looking for advice... page 2

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Breakfast: fatty shake and tea

11:30am: apple

Lunch: meat and veggie dish at a restaurant

4:30pm: apple

5:30pm - coconut oil

9:30pm or 10:00pm: chicken, salad and cheese
    Eat less fatty liquid stuff and more food. I'm an old lady and I eat more real food than you do. Trade all those apples and coconut products for meat, fish and eggs.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

TQP
    TQP is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Eat less fatty liquid stuff and more food. I'm an old lady and I eat more real food than you do. Trade all those apples and coconut products for meat, fish and eggs.
    Apples are real food?

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Meat meat meat meaty meat

Sent via lightsaber
    This answer is almost perfect, but make sure to put lots of butter on said meat.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Apples stimulate digestion and provide bulk while providing barely any calories for the space they occupy. Swap the 4" apple out for 4" of lamb, and you're going to do a lot better calorically. That said, I love apples and eat them for the glorious food they are.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    I skimmed through your post, but I saw your breakfast = almost pure fat...and then I scroll down and glimpse "MMA training." I'd suggest you put more protein into your breakfast with less fat, and have some carb-up days.

On the other hand, maybe the hunger pains are being misconstrued. Are you sure it's not gut issues?

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Strictly speaking from my own experience, you may have a type of acid reflux. My acid reflux felt very much like hunger pains, except they could occur very shortly after eating so I knew that wasn't it. But it felt JUST like it. This was back before I started taking control of my own health, so I went on Prevacid for 9 years. If I tried to get off the meds, I would be in agony. Later I found (through the help of my ND) that I had a dairy allergy that was causing my acid reflux. I stopped all dairy, and my AR went away. You might first find out if you have AR, then if you do start seeking the root cause.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Meat meat meat meaty meat
    and eggs. 1/4 pound of raw bacon cooks to maybe 1.5 or 2 oz. that's nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    also an old (and tiny) and i'd be ravenous if my day looked like yours. it's been years since i've eaten an apple. MOAR REAL FOOD.

Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    I skimmed through your post, but I saw your breakfast = almost pure fat...and then I scroll down and glimpse "MMA training." I'd suggest you put more protein into your breakfast with less fat, and have some carb-up days.

On the other hand, maybe the hunger pains are being misconstrued. Are you sure it's not gut issues?
    adding fermented foods can only help and you may wanna stroll through the rs threads.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    100 protein? I assume you mean grams of? good lord man, I eat almost a Kilo of meat a day and as much veggies and rice as I can stuff in. I am figuring about 200 to 250 grams of protein a day. Paleo is not about running macros or counting calories. It is about eating enough food to fuel your day and then getting on with it.

Are you trying to loose weight? I assume no but you never know. These stomach pains need to be checked out but I would up your food for a month and lay off all the excess exercise, eat, walk, sleep work, repeat for a month and see. Just for a month eat yourself silly and take it heasy mon. See how you feel.

stressing over calories in and macros and all that is how society enslaves you to the diet wheel of misery. You must break those chains of drudgery and stop weighing and stressing. Eat largely meat for calories, veggies and starch for volume and fats for cooking and dressing and texture. Eat enough to feel satisfied whenever you feel hungry but always make it a meal, Meat and veg. let us know how you do with the doc.

Wassail.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, I basically hammer down as much meat as I can fit, then eat as much other stuff as I can handle. Today was a workout day, and off the top of my head here's pretty much what I ate for the whole day (most of it was a big scramble skillet thing):

BP Coffee
    2 lbs ground beef
    6 eggs
    Few handfuls of spinach
    Sweet potato
    About 16 Oz full fat yogurt & blueberries
    Few squares dark chocolate
    2 or 3 bananas
    Orange

Probably some other stuff I forgot.

I weigh about 160 and have muscle and abs, for reference.

Sent via lightsaber

breadisevil is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Op I can kind of relate. Until a couple weeks ago I would get hunger pains too despite eating what I thought was a lot. The main thing I changed is to eat more in a narrower window. So instead of looking forward to my next meal and trying to hold out I'd just eat, then stop once full around 6 / 7 pm.

I'm only 4'11 and also a martial artist. There's no way I could last until after training on just a Chipotle salad and an apple. I'd need a substantial 5 pm snack.
    Breastfeeding mom with a 7 month-old.
    CW: 112 lb GW: 105 lb Height: Just 4'11

Everyday I'm content-writing… over at:
    Bread is Evil
    Burbank Martial Arts

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast