Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat What Every Day? page

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Eat What Every Day?

Shop Now
    In an effort to be excellently healthy (I haven't been so much so for a while) I'm trying to put together a list of all the super-healthy good-for-me things I should try to eat every day. Will you help me?

Meat is never an issue. I have access to pastured eggs, the highest quality meats.
    I'm planting my own garden, and should have an abundance of vegetables.
    I eat ample animal fats, butter and coconut oil.

Additionally here are some things I want to make sure I consume daily, even just a little bit.

Gelatin or bone broth
    Seaweed
    Turmeric
    Dark chocolate
    Pink Himalayan salt

What would you add?
    Last edited by Diana Renata; 03-25-2014 at 09:17 PM.

Ketokid is offline Junior Member
    In addition to your meats, eggs, seafood, and salt, I would add healthy fats, particularly MUFAs, in the form of cold pressed extra virgin olive oil and avocados.

bazzz is offline Member
    Red wine.

garod82 is offline Senior Member
    I don't know if it gets much better then what you listed. Maybe some Raw Keffir

Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketokid View Post
    In addition to your meats, eggs, seafood, and salt, I would add healthy fats, particularly MUFAs, in the form of cold pressed extra virgin olive oil and avocados.
    I'm not big on olive oil, but I do enjoy the occasional avocado. I'll make it a point to eat them a bit more often.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzz View Post
    Red wine.
    I miss red wine! I work at a bar, so unfortunately I'm generally over my alcohol allotment. Sort of kills my appetite for it otherwise. (Hey, at least I know I'm not an alcoholic! )

Quote Originally Posted by garod82 View Post
    I don't know if it gets much better then what you listed. Maybe some Raw Keffir
    Ya know, I actually have some kefir grains that I've been wanting to wake up! It shall be done!

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Fermented veggies. Frickin' daily.

If the chocolate is a daily thing, maybe go for raw cacao powder or "baker's" chocolate. Also, did you see Mark's recent post on antioxidants and using them intermittently, not daily?

Oh, and magnesium chloride oil. Yes, not a consumed item (though I suspect you could), but still a healthy daily habit for those looking for a bit of a boost to their health and lifestyle.
    Last edited by Drumroll; 03-25-2014 at 11:03 PM.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Hmm... I do need to get onto the fermented veggies. Ideally, I should make them once harvest season hits, but the farmers market would suffice in the meantime.

For the chocolate, I love Scharffen Berger 99% but it's hard to find. Green & Black's 85% is my go-to currently.

So what exactly does the magnesium chloride do? I'd been taking magnesium (citrate, I believe) but ran out. How's it compare?

"The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Thanks!
    Also, no horse pills to swallow and no laxative bombs to drop.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast