Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eat What Every Day? page 3

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Great list...I would make a couple changes:

For me it would be "bone broth and/or gelatin". A subtle change, but just to indicate bone broth would be the optimal choice.
    now i add gelatin to my daily bone broth. win-win.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I'd add berries, like raspberry or strawberry to that list if you are okay with seedy berries.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    I do that too, but usually only to the third plus batch from the same bones or when for whatever reason it doesn't gel in the fridge.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Not to assume anything...but if shellfish and organ meats aren't a regular part of your diet, I highly recommend them.

This week so far for me: ground pig heart with chorizo, duck liver paté, calamari, oysters...

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Good thoughts guys.

Food-wise, I do well. It's just the extra little things that I sometimes miss or forget about.

I do need to eat more shellfish. I love the stuff, but moving from NY to TN... I don't have the access I'm used to, for the same price anyhow. I'm working on sourcing good (and not so expensive) stuff though.

More berries are in the plan. Still hunting local organics, preferably a U-pick place that lets me do the work for a discount on price.

Not a huge fan of tea, but I'd been a regular kombucha brewer. I've considered starting it up again for summer. That crosses off tea and ferments.

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Ah, but have you tried them all yet

(As you can tell by the avatar, I'm rather biased in favor of tea)

M.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    Not really, no. It has a bit of iron oxide in it, but it is otherwise just regular salt.

M.
    It's not quite so simple...

Himalayan Pink Salt Minerals - Spectral Analysis | Gourmet Sea Salt, Dark Chocolate, Himalayan Salt Blocks, Cocktail Bitters, and Finishing Salt | The Meadow
    Chemical Analysis of Natural Himalayan Pink Rock Salt | Salt News

Most salts contain only "sodium and chloride." Granted, while you're not about to to go take some Himalayan salt and come back having gotten all of the minerals you need, using pink salt (or also a good Celtic sea salt) can help correct many mineral imbalances in the body due to the poor mineral content of our soils these days.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    I'm pretty skeptical, but largely due to dosage - doesn't seem likely I can get significant amounts of much of anything in salt that is mostly salt. I'll read your links, however, and see if they make a more complete picture.

M.

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I do that too, but usually only to the third plus batch from the same bones or when for whatever reason it doesn't gel in the fridge.
    i mean i already have the bone "jello" and each day when i add water and heat it, i add some powdered gelatin. it has ABSOLUTELY made a difference in the 2 months or so i have been doing it.

i just use the bones once for broth. you be wayz moar frugal.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    What about a monofood made of ground grass-fed ruminant with a trace of liver, a rotation of certain nuts and berries, cooked greens and starchy veggies, gelatinous stock and some essential/beneficial salts and spices? A sort of Primal Soylent Sausage? I'd eat that!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast