Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat What Every Day? page 2

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Also, no horse pills to swallow and no laxative bombs to drop.
    Do I miss out on the wicked dreams too?

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Do I miss out on the wicked dreams too?
    No, if you use a high enough dose you sleep like a ROCK and those dreams are still there. But... It takes a little more since transdermal absorption is slightly slower (though still gets about the same amount in the end).
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    I see no tea on this list...shame!

I'd say a good quality tea, because tea is great

To take from your list, though, I'd probably default to dark chocolate because nom. Gelatin is also a good thing.

M.

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    mmmm, maybe
    - some fruits
    - some fish / shellfish / seafood ?
    - a few nuts now and then ?

I like to vary my foods. Not everyone agrees. But the breaking down of nutrients is generally quite constant.

By the way, what is the deal with "pink Himalayan salt" ? anything magical about it ?

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Not really, no. It has a bit of iron oxide in it, but it is otherwise just regular salt.

M.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    In an effort to be excellently healthy (I haven't been so much so for a while) I'm trying to put together a list of all the super-healthy good-for-me things I should try to eat every day. Will you help me?

Meat is never an issue. I have access to pastured eggs, the highest quality meats.
    I'm planting my own garden, and should have an abundance of vegetables.
    I eat ample animal fats, butter and coconut oil.

Additionally here are some things I want to make sure I consume daily, even just a little bit.

Gelatin or bone broth
    Seaweed
    Turmeric
    Dark chocolate
    Pink Himalayan salt

What would you add?
    Great list...I would make a couple changes:

For me it would be "bone broth and/or gelatin". A subtle change, but just to indicate bone broth would be the optimal choice. Oh, and I'd put my home ferments on that list as well. I still have lacto-ferments from last years garden. I ferment ANYTHING that I can. I've got green peppers and carrots with onion and garlic in a ferment container for instance. Coffee is on my daily list as well, but I'm not really under any illusion that this is to promote optimal health. Only eat seaweed about once a week with my sushi, but I do eat a decent amount of fish and bivalves throughout most weeks. And a handful of nuts nearly everyday. Excellent with your breakfast (even if that is at noon )

Like you quality meat, eggs, and raw dairy are abundant at my house. I have a freezer with over 100lbs of beef in it right now along with 4 gallons raw milk and 5 dozen farm fresh free range eggs.

Also like you I plant a garden every year. My spring mix (I'll be putting seed down this week) is several types of lettuce, swiss chard, radish, carrots, onions, a couple of early herbs. This is my salad bowl plot. The summer plot gets peppers, tomato, more herbs, and some bush beans.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 03-26-2014 at 07:32 AM.

endless is offline Senior Member
    Consider Celtic salt rather than Himalayan.....a member of the iodine group I follow on FB reports that she tested several types and brands of anthrax salts, and Himalayan had the overall highest levels of fluoride and other toxins. Apparently it's hard to pinpoint the actual source. Celtic salt had the best mineral profile. I like Redmond Real Salt, myself.

endless is offline Senior Member
    That's supposed to say 'natural' salts....highly doubt any salt has anthrax ;-)

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I'm not sure why chocolate and salt are on this list. I can see that they are enjoyable to eat, but as a list of healthy foods to remember to eat, I'm not sure they'll be forgotten, and if so, that there would be a loss of anything if you did forget to eat them.

If you really want to sleep well, heavy deadlifts and lots of them seem to do the trick for me.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by endless View Post
    That's supposed to say 'natural' salts....highly doubt any salt has anthrax ;-)
    my eyes POPPED at that. glad it was just autocorrect run amok.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast