Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salmon Eggs page

Markbt is offline Senior Member

Salmon Eggs

Primal Fuel
    This is not a post from someone who doesn't like them and wants ways to hide them. I think they're delicious. I have seen big tubs of raw, sushi grade salmon eggs at the Asian grocery store. When I get sushi I always get the salmon roe nigiri, which is eggs on a bit of rice wrapped in seaweed.

I am looking for other suggestions for way to eat them because I don't want to eat rice every day. My only other idea has been eating them by the spoonful out of the tub standing in front of the fridge like a crazed animal. Does anyone have anything more civilized for me to try?

I just listened to Dave Asprey's most recent podcast and was reminded that they are a great source of K2, so I want to start eating them more often than the once per week that I get sushi.

put them in veggies, stews and soups. scramble them in to eggs. serve them atop a piece of grilled salmon

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Caviar is often served with creme fraiche or sour cream. If you eat dairy, that might work.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

pilot is offline Senior Member
    Add them to a BAS?

Thanks for the ideas. I know the K2 is relatively heat stable, but how do the eggs hold up when cooked? Do they stay intact or would they just turn to mush? I hadn't thought of cooking them. Throwing it on a salad is a good idea, it would go with the sardines I usually add.

TQD
    TQD is offline Member
    Slice of cucumber, smear of cream cheese, salmon roe. Quick squeeze of lemon. Heaven.

IzzyMom is offline Junior Member
    If you've ever made stuffed cucumbers (core the middle and only cut the cucumber in half but not lengthwise), instead of stuffing with other cut up veggies and tuna, substitute ikura for tunaImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1395792368.961833.jpg

Here's a different format, be creative with the inside of the cucumber sandwich and ikura ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1395792443.521095.jpg

Try ikura on top of a mixed Spring salad
    Inside tamagoyaki (rolled egg omelet)
    In a rolled sandwich (romaine or endive in lieu of bread)

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    on top of soft-boiled, deviled or poached eggs. cooking/stirring too vigorously may break them, so i wouldn't. i like the pop of eating them intact.

served deviled tea eggs at a party last week and used ikura as a garnish. i could have served many more!! they disappeared, lol.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    I love salmon roe as well but only eat them at sushi joints, so I am so used to eating them with rice. Maybe you can eat them atop some potato, which is healthier?

And I like the suggestion of egg on egg. Lol.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    I love salmon roe as well but only eat them at sushi joints, so I am so used to eating them with rice. Maybe you can eat them atop some potato, which is healthier?

And I like the suggestion of egg on egg. Lol.
    The point is to avoid excessive starch most of the time, aside from the occasional carb up day. They would be good with pastured eggs though. Next time I go I'll buy some and try some of these ideas. I don't really like cucumbers though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast