Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grok On T-shirt sizing for women page

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member

Grok On T-shirt sizing for women

Primal Fuel
    What sizing t-shirt are other women wearing? I wish there was a babydoll cut. Tossing up whether to get a small and hope it doesn't cut under the arms, or a larger size and never mind that it looks baggy.

(35ish inch bust, 28 waist)

groquette is offline Senior Member
    I'd also *love* a babydoll cut grok on t-shirt! I can't wear regular cut t-shirts, as they obliterate my waist (40 inch bust, 28 inch waist :| such a pain, even though the hubby thinks it's awesome).

I figure I've worked so hard for my shape, I dang well want to show it off! Larger shirts tend to make me look shapeless and daggy - especially being a bit older, gravity and all that....

I guess I could get the local seamstress to take it in. I can't sew a straight line.

I can't sew a straight line.
    Ditto! I don't know if a seamstress could take a regular T and make it babydoll. Seems like that should be super simple... where is dollface, these days? She would know!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Taking in a T- shirt to be a baby doll is easier than you'd think. All you need is a decent fitting baby doll as a template.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

All you need is a decent fitting baby doll as a template.
    Thanks, I have a ton of those, so that's doable. Cool!

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Do you think Mark would mind if you copied that image and then printed it onto an iron-on transfer? Is that illegal?

I had to google iron-on transfer :-) I'm guessing that wouldn't fly, but maybe Mark could sell the iron-on transfer? Then we'd be seeing them on bags and jackets and all sorts of great stuff!

I'm not sure about the copyright on his image, but generally unless otherwise stated, copyright resides with the artist/photographer or/and publisher, so its technically illegal and often immoral (even if it's a one-off, if everyone does it, artists don't make a dime). I wanted to buy something from the store, support the site, anyhow.

I found an American Apparel mens/unisex size chart that has small as 34-36 inch chest so I'll get that. Hopefully being for men it will fit under the arms, if not my daughter can have it as an overshirt. It should be pretty right I think.

yep I think we do need to get Mark to expand the goodies range - iron-on transfers, USB sticks, sew-on patches etc. Maybe some more varied designs too..... I don't normally like to be a 'walking billboard' (the only other 'design' tshirt I have is an Evolution/Charles Darwin one) so it's nice to be able to promo something I actually support.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast