Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: splenda vs. nutrasweet vs. equal? Least evil? page

OnlyBodyWeight is offline Senior Member

splenda vs. nutrasweet vs. equal? Least evil?

Shop Now
    splenda vs. nutrasweet vs. equal? Least evil?
    I generally avoid these things, but what do you know about this topic?

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    I have used artificial sweeteners for around 40 years, abused most of them in large amounts - still no bad effects only positive! Maybe I will get some bad reactions after the age of 100 or maybe I will continue to live forever due to them...
    "When a person is poor in knowledge then he is rich in ignorance and stubbornness, carefully heeding around the little that he knows ..."
    - Gorbag

Eureka5280 is offline Senior Member
    Eat sugar. It's delicious.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    Eureka5280: M / 38 / 235lbs / Goal: 180lbs

Diet: Currently experimenting with higher carb (Peat-esque) primal with emphasis on beef, dairy, seafood, sugar and a bit of starch on lifting days.

Activities: Started Stronglifts 5x5 on 3/1/14. Adding sprints and hikes soon.
    End of Year Working Set Goals: Squats-250, Bench-200, DL-315

sjoshua is offline Member
    Are Pork Rinds Healthy? | Marks Daily Apple

Monk fruit or stevia would be some naturally derived sweetener choices. (above link to ask mark discusses monk fruit)

Out of the ones you listed, I'd choose sugar. wait, no. bacon. was that a choice?

gdot is offline Senior Member
    I see no reason not to choose organic Stevia at this point. Be careful - lots of Stevia products contain Dextrose, Maltodextrin, etc. etc. These are not what you want.

Organic stevia is extracted without solvents/chemicals etc. etc. etc. and it's a minor expense/upgrade.

If you are considering which packaged foods to choose - I personally say - none.

Kris T is offline Senior Member
    None on the list.
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

miata is online now Senior Member
    Try to live without sweeteners for a while.

By avoided concentrated sweets I've improved my taste buds and better appreciate almost all foods I eat now. Healthy fruits seem so much sweeter and sweet potatoes are sometimes almost too much.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    There are a thousand anecdotes about sweeteners and various ailments but I could never dig up any hard info other than weak observations.

My sweetener attitude depends on the quantity:
    ~1 teaspoon as a sauce seasoning or to take the edge off coffee/cocoa? Whatever difference exists between them doesn't matter so I use whatever is suitable (usually coconut sugar).

A lot more than 1 teaspoon as the main flavor? Probably a good habit to break--even if the substance is harmless the flavor just clashes too much with whole foods and causes anxiety IME.
    34//6'3"/180

Lots of: urban hiking, cycling, sprinting
    Lots of: fresh meat, seafood, eggs, organs, tubers, starch fruits, vegetables, meat fat, dairy fat, oil fruits
    Some: cured meat, dairy protein, sweet fruits, rice, pulses, tree nuts, oil seeds
    Minimal: soy, refined proteins, sugar, liquid carbohydrate, grains, refined oils, peanuts

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    I say stevia.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    What are you using it for?

Pereonally, I'd prefer to eat a little sugar here and there instead of any chemical. Ever.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast