Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (lady_daraine) page

Primal Fuel

Day 1 so far - I'll add/edit later.....

Breakfast: 3 eggs, 3 ounces chorizo, 2 ounces green chile, 2 ounces extra sharp cheddar cheese, 2 ounces sour cream, 1/3 avocado

I plan on also tracking my food on fitday. I want to see how close to hitting my carb intake goals I get.

I'm thinking this will be an unintended ifast day, since I forgot my lunch and the choices here are abismal..... I'll update later.

"The rose petal floats on water. The kingfisher flashes above the pond. Life and beauty swirl in the midst of death."

-al'Lan Mandragoran
    "The Eye of the World" by Robert Jordan

Visit my blog: http://www.antihousewife.com/

Oh yeah - here's the rules I decided I'm following to start with:

1) NO CHEATING (within my rule-set obviously)!

2) No added sugars, with the only exceptions being meats that are cured with sugar, such as pepperoni and bacon.

3) No grains except in small amounts used as a thickener for sauces like in tacos (which I will be modifying recipes for as I go, to get to 0).

4) Keep total grams of carbohydrate below 100 grams, with the goal being 50.

5) No more than 1 serving of fruit a day, alternating days.

6) Keep dairy product consumption under 10 ounces a day (lessening throughout the challenge, aiming for 5 ounces), and no milk at all. This will be mostly limited to cheese and sour cream.

7) Attempt to get half of daily calories from fat.

8) Have as many veggies as I want, as long as I stay under the carbohydrate grams goal, and of course, eat all the meat I want!

9) Exercise in some manner at least 3 times a week.

10) No beer or alcohol (no biggie since I don't drink often).

"The rose petal floats on water. The kingfisher flashes above the pond. Life and beauty swirl in the midst of death."

-al'Lan Mandragoran

clayberg is offline Junior Member

Those are 10 solid rules Lady_daraine!!

This is going to be a GREAT month

Good luck and let's have some fun too.

Sure thing!

I forgot to post my Twitter account- also lady_daraine - so anyone wanting to switch out ideas there, follow me and I'll return the favor. I've gotten a ton from Twitter. I think it's z great tool for accountability!

-al'Lan Mandragoran

To finish out day 1:

Lunch: 6 ounce-ish steak, overcooked to medium, with 2 cups broccoli and 1/4 melted butter

Dinner: I wasn't too hungry, so I had about 4 ounces of summer sausage that I had already fried up and 1 ounce of toasted salted cashews.

Exercise: I mowed our lawn, and then proceeded to wash and detail one of our cars since we were trying to (and did) sell it. Very intense in the Texas heat, let me tell you.

I've done pretty good today, I'll post it all up as one post tomorrow.

-al'Lan Mandragoran

clayberg is offline Junior Member

Do you think we should copy and paste our heads to Coach Tara's videos???

Day 2:

Breakfast- IF

Lunch - 1/2 Colorado Omlette at IHOP (no pancakes)

Dinner - Fajita salad with a little cheese, guac and sour cream

Late Dinner - 2 chicken strips battered with parm cheese, yellow squash, 1 oz cashews

I also took a 20-30 minute walk (didn't time it, just went!)

I think I know what I am doing for the workout and cooking vids.... just need to make my plan and get it going! I'm going to use my webcam and hope it's high enough quality.

-al'Lan Mandragoran

Okay, I fell off the ball for posting, so let's see -

Today I had bacon, 2 ounces pepperjack cheese, and onions fried in coconut oil for breakfast. It's the first time I've used cco, and I'm not sure I like it.... we'll see.

Lunch was out, at BJ's Brewhouse - ribeye cooked medium (always overdone, but still juicy), salad with ranch (no croutons or carrot shreds) and mixed veggies with butter instead of the potato.

Dinner was another steak, smaller this time, with broccoli and my first attempt at mashing cauliflower. I'll be researching the technique and trying that again, but this time wasn't so good. I need to remember to defrost meat more often, the steak was the only thing ready to cook.

I decided today to cancel my gym membership that I'm not using anyway, and use the money to buy equipment at my home instead. First will be a doorway pull-up bar and the set it comes with, including abs loops and bars to use for pushups (due to a surgery, the pressure on my hands stops me from doing them unless I'm on my fists, which in turn hurts my fingers...) I already got the p90x vids, which I am going to use as a starting point, while I research on crossfit and learn what I need to do the WOD, and get the equipment.

I have decided on my video for the recipe, and I'm going to try to get my webcam to do it (hope it works) and I'm debating on the video for the work out. We'll see.

So there - my update. I'll try to be more on the ball tomorrow.

I can at least say, I didn't cheat yesterday....

-al'Lan Mandragoran

Yesterday:

Breakfast: IF

Lunch: Wingstop wings with medium sauce and home made ranch (technically at dinner time, right before the UFC fight)

Dinner: unintentional IF, wasn't hungry.

Decided to can my gym membership that I don't use, and used the money to get a chin-up bar set (comes with ab bands and push up handles, which is nice since I've had surgery on my wrist and it's hard to do normal push ups) and a body ball, and some elastic bands. I'm trying to learn the modifications to start crossfit, since I can't do a chin up and only like 2 push ups. At least I can do literally hundreds of sit ups. I'll figure something out, anything is better than what I do now.

So that's it for now...

-al'Lan Mandragoran

Meeses Guest

PrimalCon New York

Woo hoo! Band chin-ups are fun, or a the very least, empowering. Technology!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast