Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Art Ayers anti-inflammatory/Dr. Oz bashing page

Barnyard is offline Senior Member

Dr. Art Ayers anti-inflammatory/Dr. Oz bashing

Primal Fuel
    Has anyone seen this stuff by Dr. Art Ayers?

Cooling Inflammation: anti-inflammatory diet

I agree with a lot of this, wondered about a couple of things, such as his contention that GMO foods are not the evil being personified in the press lately. He is basically bashing a lot of what Dr. Oz is preaching these days, which I also mostly agree with.....just curious if any of you have heard of him.......
    The life I have today is far better than I deserve.......

M, 56, 6'0
    SW - 192
    CW - 175
    GW - 165-170

Current addiction: ice cream (and sugar in general).....doing battle with it!

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Dr. Oz? There's a reason to agree with him now?
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Haha cling clang, not much that's for sure

M, 56, 6'0
    SW - 192
    CW - 175
    GW - 165-170

Quote Originally Posted by Barnyard View Post
    Haha cling clang, not much that's for sure
    Oh you were talking about Ayers's stuff. Gotcha.

Although going by the inflammation index of food as I know it, pretty much all of us here should be like inflamed and swollen corks ready to pop and every vegan should be like soft, fluffy pillows of comfort. Which is not quite how I see things around here, so... I take it with a grain of salt.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

eats.meats.west is online now Senior Member
    I read his blog all the time. Some of it goes right over my head, but he will nicely answer on point questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Oh you were talking about Ayers's stuff. Gotcha.

Although going by the inflammation index of food as I know it, pretty much all of us here should be like inflamed and swollen corks ready to pop and every vegan should be like soft, fluffy pillows of comfort. Which is not quite how I see things around here, so... I take it with a grain of salt.
    I think I know what you are referring to as far as that 'inflammation index', I don't really pay any attention to that......this guy doesn't refer to that at all, he is mostly talking about wheat and whole grains and PUFA's and excess sugar and fructose of any kind, as opposed to sucrose, and the fact that antibiotics destroy healthy gut flora, etc. He believes inflammation starts in the gut and that many auto-immune diseases begin there.......

M, 56, 6'0
    SW - 192
    CW - 175
    GW - 165-170

miata is online now Senior Member
    I don' t see anything in Ayers article that is inconsistent with paleo.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

tatertot is offline Senior Member
    Art is one smart Mo Fo. Amazing that he blogs, really.
    Let those who have dyspepsia—and that means a multitude of ills which the American people in their luxurious habits are fast bringing upon themselves—try for a time the potato diet. We have tried it not for months, but a few days at a time—long enough to satisfy us of its good effects. Newspaper article from 1849

Visit my blog: VEGETABLE PHARM

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Is this guy saying vitamin C is the only vitamin one needs to take in the diet? That doesn't seem quite right to me.

M.

Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    Is this guy saying vitamin C is the only vitamin one needs to take in the diet? That doesn't seem quite right to me.

M.
    His suggestion is that vitamin C is the only vitamin that can't be produced by our gut bacteria in some way, so yes, that is his point, I think.

Of course only vitamin C and the B vitamins are really vitamins anyway. Both "vitamin" D and E are closer to hormones, and I think the same possibly holds true for vitamin k (especially in the k2 form), so the vitamin label is really a misnomer for these substances. So I don't think he was including these when making his statement.

He was going all "uber-medical" and technical with his definition of the term vitamin in this instance. And in that sense (rather than the broader "anything called a vitamin" definition) he is not incorrect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast