Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: This is going to be controversial, but I want to discuss this. page 5

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by kathleen View Post
    On having trouble defining your sexuality, I think you may be bisexual, Danny. I think we all are, to some degree. Look up Kinsey Scale.
    Not me, I am 100 % heterosexual for sure, no matter what I am eating! One of my office assistants defines herself as 60 % heterosexual and the other girl say that she’s 90 % hetero, so people are different obviously…
    Being just an old fashioned guy myself; I’m beyond tired of all these fragile mama boys (and girls!) with powder in their gluteus and soft pillows under their arm pits that cannot recover from their 3 days a week abbreviated “strength” routine…

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Not me, I am 100 % heterosexual for sure, no matter what I am eating! One of my office assistants defines herself as 60 % heterosexual and the other girl say that she’s 90 % hetero, so people are different obviously…
    Maybe you are 99.9% heterosexual, and haven't met that one same-sex person that is drop dead sexy? All I am saying is we are all predisposed to be attracted to a certain thing. For me it's usually tall white men. I have never found another skin color attractive. I also find curly hair unattractive. I remember however finding a tall, blonde girl attractive when I was a teen. Well, she was hot, until she dyed her hair red .

I think finding people attractive is also different than wanting to lay with them in bed. I think one's sexuality is incredibly difficult to define, so no wonder trying to will cause so much stress!
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

dannybarclay is offline Junior Member
    Hmm. I feel as though diet does play a role in hormones, considering 80-something % of them are created in the gut. If you're gut is getting a poor diet and constantly in stress, I can't imagine the hormones would be great either. I know there are a lot of people on here claiming a paleo diet has cured their depression/anxiety, which is a hormonal thing too.

I don't see why the libido wouldn't be affected, too. Maybe you are onto something. Maybe you are discovering your own unique body chemistry. Who knows? It would be an interested thing to study, although I'm not sure how to best go about that. You would need willing participants who have well-defined sexuality.

On having trouble defining your sexuality, I think you may be bisexual, Danny. I think we all are, to some degree. Look up Kinsey Scale. Good luck in your quest to define your sexuality, although I sometimes question why people even feel the need to define such a thing. For instance; I have a boyfriend, I am attracted to him. I am however not by default attracted to all men. Does that mean I like men? Or just a specific man? Or a specific kind of man (height, skin color, demeanor, etc.)? I don't see how that would be any different for a person who is attracted to specific people from the same sex. I think it would be very likely people can be attracted to all kinds of people, male and female both.
    Very very good points! I'm not really having trouble with my sexuality, for I believe that you can really live happy with anyone who can fulfill your emotional needs, but I do agree that everyone has the ability to be with either sex as well..

Good points.

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    I have always viewed sexuality as a continuum. It is rarely a black and white trait....

For example, I have had gay colleagues as well as a gay relative all explain that one of their difficulties is finding a good counterweight in terms of sexuality in a partner. They say that some men are very low on the spectrum, to where they are interested mostly in men, but they are very picky and want highly feminine men, as they themselves are more masculine. My relative is 6 foot 4 with a beard, a deep voice, built like an NFL quarterback. No one ever even suspects he is gay.....

I am subconsciously highly heterosexual. I do not like even being within 4-5 feet of other men, and I get uncomfortable if they come close to me when speaking. The thought of a man even touching me makes me cringe. I do not remember this ever being different, even when I was much younger.....in contrast, I have to constantly fight a propensity to stare at women. I don't have to be super attracted to them either; most women are just very visually appealing to me. It is all hard-wired. It was never a choice, just as my relative being more attracted to men was not a choice.

As an aside, my relative is also attracted to women, but he is again very picky. The woman must be tall, muscular, and otherwise look like an Amazon.

My point is that it is always a continuum, and I've actually come to believe that men or women that fall totally into the 100% straight or gay category are pretty rare. I am always perplexed when people say "I don't feel 100% straight." I feel like saying back, "Okay, so you mean you are normal. The guys like me that cannot be within 5 feet of another man without flight or flight kicking in, we are the odd ones."
    "Man is born free.....but everywhere he is in chains."

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Maybe you are 99.9% heterosexual, and haven't met that one same-sex person that is drop dead sexy? All I am saying is we are all predisposed to be attracted to a certain thing. For me it's usually tall white men. I have never found another skin color attractive. I also find curly hair unattractive. I remember however finding a tall, blonde girl attractive when I was a teen. Well, she was hot, until she dyed her hair red .

I think finding people attractive is also different than wanting to lay with them in bed. I think one's sexuality is incredibly difficult to define, so no wonder trying to will cause so much stress!
    I do not understand people that say that this or that type of potential mate is attractive to them. Nothing like that has ever happened to me.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    haha Lazarus, isn't your dad like John Wayne or something? You really think that "not letting men near me without discomfort" = way hetero?
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    Now you're in your element.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Interesting topic. My 2 cents... I've always thought it to be a hormonal imbalance, though I figured because of the things we've been doing to our environment and diet, it was something that happened in the womb, causing a disconnect between brain and body.

I have a number of gay friends. Some of them are thin, some athletic, and a few overweight/obese. Diets vary, so I don't really see any connection between the two.

liminal_luke is offline Member
    Gay men are all emaciated twigs? I suggest you include more of the over-forty set in your sample.

If you really want to delve into possible hormonal influence on sexual orientation, I'd look to the scientific literature not an internet forum. People here are going to give you their anecdotal opinions based on being gay or bisexual themselves or knowing people who are. Or else what they've absorbed from their surrounding culture. It might be interesting but it's not science.

Why not, I'll throw my opinion into the mix. Eat however you feel is best for your body, and let your sexuality be whatever it is.

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Many people here changed their eating plans through the years, I know many like me who tried LC/ZC/fruitarian/raw vegan, vegetarian etc, for me, this did not affect my sexuality totally hetro, lets hear it from others, has your wor affect your sexuality?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast