Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cookies in the Break Room page 4

Gramma C is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Last Thursday we had our mandatory annual safety meeting. They served Round Table Pizza and salad for lunch, along with soda and water. The union I belong to always supplies the dessert. This year it was cake. So, I brought my own salad for lunch (spinach, cucumber, olives, raisins and almond butter/olive oil dressing). One of the guys at the table asked why I brought that and I told him I don't eat pizza. He said "Oh" and went about his pizza scarfing like it was no big deal. Nobody at the table had any issues with me bringing my own food. My salad looked (and tasted) way better than theirs. I did have some cake, which I was sorry for later! My co-workers have been really good about not bringing goodies in to work since I instigated a "fat loss" challenge that ends in May. It has been pretty hilarious and one of my co-workers has lost about 30 pounds since January! I have not been able to convince any of them to join me on the Whole 30 in April though. HA!

MEversbergII is online now Senior Member
    I develop a sweet tooth in response to stress. I've been under some strain lately so I caved and had doughnuts a few days last week at refresher training. Stopped that right quick, though, by bringing my own stuff. Met RX bars aren't exactly health food, but at least they manage my sweet tooth without (in that version) grains and as much seed oil.

I did join in for pizza on Friday, though. I like pizza, because it is specifically designed to be likable.

I wish I could be more like you iron men...

Now back to my regularly scheduled low-wheat diet.

M.

Hedonist2 is online now Senior Member
    My friend is a library volunteer. She is the lead volunteer at a branch library. Recently, they asked her to help with the finances at the large warehouse where they sell lots of donated books. That place brings in $100,000/yr gross. They have been paying $12,000/yr for donuts and cookies for the volunteers. And they only gave the library system $10,000. Very wrong. The branch brings the system that much from book sales at the library and on Amazon.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    If someone asked me, "You too good for Pizza Hut?" my reply would likely be, "Why yes, you goddamned crab in a bucket, I am." (And this, kids, is why I'm self-employed.)
    I am employed and say that shit anyway.

But I just shove it aside like so many others. I don't see the donuts in the box, I see arthritis and cystic acne sitting in that box.

If nobody is around, I just chuck it all in the trash and pretend I have no idea what is going on.

On the other hand, I am the only one that may take thirds when grilled meat is around. Surprise surprise, they don't like that either . . .
    Yep, I eat ALL the meat, lol.
    Last edited by Knifegill; 04-03-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    It depends on the culture you bathe in. In France, snacking is not a habit we grew up with, so refusing a cookie (if any are present) is not looked at weird. And if the occasion presents itself, it is easy to say that you don't like eating cookies for X or Y reason (gluten sensitive, teeth issues, whatever).

We have our own company in a barn on our property ~ so, I counteract the employee whose English family gives away amazing, mysterious or god-awful sweets with me cooking Paleo lunches for everyone in the kitchen a few yards away!

corberator is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    God help all of us when Joey brings in chili.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I don't know what's in Joey's chili, so I only eat a little.

Remember that gay-ass thank-you barbecue thing? Manager kept saying, "We have chips and taco shells over there." While I ate three plates, one after the next, piled with about 6" of pulled pork, chicken and beef. People was starin so hard! I think they were waiting for me to die.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Stacy15 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I am employed and say that shit anyway.

But I just shove it aside like so many others. I don't see the donuts in the box, I see arthritis and cystic acne sitting in that box.

If nobody is around, I just chuck it all in the trash and pretend I have no idea what is going on.

This. Except I see a fat ass. Easy to see, just look at the ones eating them usually.

Roary is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My coworkers have started to make gluten free crap for me ... It's a nightmare. I used to decline, no big deal, never complained or cared. Now I have to thank them for the thought but, you see, it probably isn't safe for me to eat because you don't have a gluten free kitchen and celiac safe is different from gluten free ... AND unless you show me the containers I don't trust that your ingredients are truly safe. So I feel mean, but instead of food I organize stuff like a weekly putt putt golf challenge in the hallway or the month long walking challenges. I bring prizes instead of food.

But damn people eat a lot, and constantly!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast