Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Path of Healing. page

Makoce is offline Senior Member

The Path of Healing.

Primal Fuel
    “Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influence of the earth"

I fought with the idea of a personal Blog for awhile to keep track of my progress & such, but I figured writing it publicly here would be beneficial since there is a support group here.
    I never really express myself in words, so it should be an interesting new outlet and experience for myself to in a sense, open up.

A little introduction of my journey --
    I'm Amber.
    I'm 5'2 & 21 years old.
    Growing up I spent all of my free time in the woods running, hiking, camping, swimming -- you name it!
    I was in great shape and never really gave my diet much thought.
    Though, I had always struggled with severe depression & anxiety
    ( and embarrassingly, I cant control my anger / rage )
    But to compensate, I was always a spiritually balanced holistic person with great vibrant personal & healing energy.
    To me, nature was God, and the Earth was my temple & the animals my guides and teachers.

Though .. a few years down the line, a lot of hardships struck my life & I fell into a un-reversable depression on a day-to-day basis.

I ended up packing on over 65LBS in very few years due to extreme emotional binging, leaving the woods & the activities I enjoyed, and becoming quite the toxic person.

A few years into this, I finally decided enough was enough.
    I successfully dropped 50LBS .. though I had done so eating nothing but "what I wanted"
    ( IE. Icecream, Chips, Carbs, Carbs & more Carbs. )
    OH, don't forget the Chronic Cardio at the gym for hours.

I returned to my active self but began crashing constantly with the shakes, low blood pressure, and believe me no one wanted to be around my irritable self if I hadn't eaten every two hours.
    My binges were returning and my mood was lowering again - I began to be exhausted, fatigued and sore all the time, especially the lower in weight I got. My irritable bowl was awful and I felt sick all the time.

It was then that I found out about Paleo eating, and it was right up my "natureistic" alley.
    After much reading, research, sites & recipes I decided to give it a go.
    Which eventually led me down the path of a more primal on-set.

I have only been eating Primal since March 1st, 2014, but so far I have enhanced mood, am intermittent fasting ( 16:8 daily ) without binging, and am fairly on-track to getting my life back to where it was!

I have also dropped down significantly in body-fat percentage in the short time of the switch, and lost the whole 65LBS now.
    I am now down to around 103LBS and hope to put on some muscle in the next few months.

I plan to keep track of goals, quotes, morning "what I'm greatful for-s", my meals & exercises and whatever else I see relevant.
    I'm not sure if it'll be a daily or weekly recap yet though, we'll see how it plays out!
    Hope you all enjoy, and any support, critique or commentary is more than welcome and appreciated!
    Last edited by Makoce; 03-21-2014 at 04:46 PM.
    [ The Path of Healing Journal. ]

"Live in each season as it passes;
    breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit,
    and resign yourself to the influence of the earth."

“We use every part of the animal. The body. The breath. The afternoon shadow. The fear before it died. The memory of it now that it’s gone.”

Going to do a run-through of my week thus far, just for a record for myself.

EXERCISE:
    M - Sprinting for about 10 minutes.
    T - 60 minute lifting session. ( Over did it, super sore ).
    W - 30 minute hike & 15 minute leisurely stroll with my dog.
    Th - 30 minutes on the elliptical at the gym, light effort - walked around Walmart for about an hour trying to find shit I couldnt find!
    F - 60 minute walk.
    S - 60 minute lifting session ( Though it's going to be lighter this time ).
    Su - Probably a light walk or hike.

FOOD:
    M
    - Three Eggs, Beef Liver, Two Slices of Bacon cooked in Bacon Fat for Breakfast.
    - Some Beef Stew with Stew Meat, Carrots & Sweet Potato cooked in Diced Tomatoes, Spices & a bit of Apple Cider Vinegar and Beef Stock for Lunch.
    - Bison Steak cooked in Bacon Fat with steamed Broccoli & Carrots for Dinner.
    - Unsweetened Almond Milk, Greek Yogurt, Frozen Banana & Blueberry Smoothie for Snack.
    Calories: 1538
    Protein: 129g
    Fat: 69g
    Carbs: 107g

T
    - Two Eggs & Left over Bison Steak cooked in Bacon Fat for Breakfast.
    - Tilapia Fish Fillet Broiled in the Oven put in a large Salad of Avocado, Baby Spinach, Kale, Carrots, & Lettuce with an Apple for Lunch.
    - Chicken Breast in the oven with Garlic & Lemon + Butter drizzled over it with Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes + Chicken Broth Gravy for Dinner.
    - Greek Yogurt topped with Frozen Blueberries for a snack.
    Calories: 1500
    Protein: 122g
    Fat: 84g
    Carbs: 67g

W
    - Left over Chicken Breast with Cooked Kale & Spinach with Olive Oil for Breakfast with some Fage Honey Yogurt.
    - Two Ground Beef Burger Patties with Whole Fat Cheese & Steamed Broccoli & Carrots for Lunch.
    - No dinner, had a piece of Turkey Roast & Black Berries & Nuts before bed.
    Calories: 1913
    Protein: 132g
    Fat: 119g
    Carbs: 63g

Th
    - Two Eggs, Two Slices of Bacon, Turkey Roast Meat, Chopped Spinach + Red Pepper and Full Fat Cheese cooked in Butter for a awesome Breakfast Omelet.
    - Some Black Berries for Lunch, or rather a snack I guess.
    - Beef Eye Roast with Steamed Broccoli, Carrots & Brussel Sprouts for Dinner, cooked in Olive Oil.
    - Half Scoop of Whey, Yogurt, Unsweetened Almond Milk + Frozen Banana & Blueberries for a Smoothie-Snack before bed.
    Calories: 1543
    Protein: 127g
    Fat: 75g
    Carbs: 84g

F
    - Two Eggs with Turkey Roast & Kale for Breakfast.
    - Beef Eye Roast, 4% Cottage Cheese & An Apple for Lunch.
    - Two Cans of Tuna & Mayo in a full salad of Fresh Green Spring Mix, Baby Spinach, Kale, Carrots, Lettuce and Black Berries Mixed together.
    - Some Nuts as a snack.
    Calories: 1589
    Fat: 87g
    Carbs: 70g

S
    - Two Eggs, Red Bell Pepper, Two Slices Bacon, Turkey Roast, 2% Cheese & Chopped Spinach Omelet.
    - Handful of Nuts & Beef Jerky for Lunch/Snack on-the-go. Won't be home.
    - Three DrumSticks, Sweet Potato Fries & Roasted Asparagus with Olive Oil Salt & Pepper for Dinner.
    - Scoop of Whey, Frozen Banana, Almond Milk & 1 Tablespoon Organic Peanut butter for a smoothie.
    Calories: 1952
    Protein: 152g
    Fat: 119g
    Carbs: 77g

Su
    - Two Eggs & A Ground Beef Patty sprinkled with a TeaSpoon of Golden Flaxmeal for Breakfast.
    - Turkey Roast with Mayo and Salad Greens, Lettuce, Kale, Baby Spinach, Carrots and Cottage Cheese.
    - Two Broiled Talapia Fillets with some Steamed Broccoli, Carrots & Brussels Sprouts for dinner.
    - Half a cup Greek Yogurt and Blueberries before bed.
    Calories: 1677
    Protein: 124g
    Fat: 98g
    Carbs: 61g

GRATITUDE:
    - I am grateful of the opportunity to be able to eat this way and really put my health and bettering myself first.
    - I am grateful and amazed at how abundant my life is already!
    - I am so grateful for every person and every thing in my life, especially my soul, my dog, Shumani.
    - I am grateful for the sun, the earth, the moon and the trees.
    - I am grateful to live where I do, as I can experience nature every day of my life, as it pours joy into my life like a over flowing cup of wealth and happiness.

HEALTH:
    Since Starting as I said, I have mentally felt better.
    I am still fatigued and exhausted, I do have some soreness in my thighs.
    Still lacking energy - except sometimes I get hyper at night-time before bed, then can't sleep.
    I thought this was Magnesium deficiency, so I got some Magnesium Chloride Spray.
    I think it ( TMI ) gave me some watery diarrhea .. so might look into some other options.

I can't sleep at night, I get in bed at 9PM...
    - Don't fall asleep till 3 - 4 AM
    - Then wake up around 6AM and stay awake until around 8 - 9 AM
    - Get out of bed around 10 - 11AM.

I purchased Blue Light blocking glasses & hope to get them this week!

I basically stopped watching TV unless a show I keep track of is on .. which is once a week.
    And Im only online to check this forum & MFP forum, really... it feels really awesome to cut out of social-media & technology.

I made a doctors Apt. for this Wednesday, going to ask for Blood-work to see what the hell is going on.
    I dont want to buy a bunch of supplements, chemicals, anti-depressants or be reliant on the health system or supplement system at all, I want to fix myself through my attitude and food.

Other than that, Im just having serious baked-goods cravings this week.
    Could be because my TOM is next week..utoh.

GOALS:
    - Meditate more.
    - Do things more slowly and enjoy time.
    - Focus more on controlling my outbursts of emotion.

Anyone have any critiques?
    Last edited by Makoce; 03-23-2014 at 04:45 PM.

“Man's mind may be likened to a garden, which may be intelligently cultivated or allowed to run wild.”

Today is a struggle...
    Not sure what's changed.
    After my big ass salad with two cans of Tuna last night, I couldn't even finish the salad & Tuna I was so stuffed.
    And yet, minutes later - I wanted to binge.
    I threw down some Nuts & Blackberries and a big glass of water to no avail, wanting to eat past my already full-physique and cram more food into my gullet.
    I started craving junky desserts, like the freshly made brownies my parents made.
    I ate literally half an ounce of it, barely enough to fit on the tip of your finger and left.
    I consider that a huge success, but still a "what the fuck is wrong with you" moment.

I woke up this morning unable to complete my 16 hour fast, and made my huge breakfast early.
    ( I even slept better than usual. )
    I am full, and content physically - but the overwhelming looming desire to binge is still present...
    I'm also extra irritable, angry & stressed out today.
    I really have no explanation for how or why.

Might go shower & clean up a bit before I get picked up to go to the gym and do my strength training day.

I havent had any binge cravings since I started, my appetite has been very suppressed and I have been feeling wonderful.
    Is it all catching up to me?
    Am I under-eating, or is my body lacking something?
    I'm trying to look at my weeks log to figure it out what has changed, or what could be the trigger, but I'm too inexperienced in nutrtion-detective-work to know what I'm looking for.
    Everything; thus far, has been consistent - in my opinion.

Primal hounds help me sniff out the problem?
    Last edited by Makoce; 03-22-2014 at 11:24 AM.

“I am learning every day to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be to inspire me and not terrify me.”

EXERCISE:
    M - 30 minute Strength Training & 30 minute walk with last 10 minute sprints.
    T - Walked around shopping for a few hours.
    W - Felt Horrible. I laid around all day.
    Th - 60 minute Strength Training.
    F - 60 minute Walk.
    S - 10 minute Sprints.
    Su - 60 minute Strength Training.

FOOD:
    M
    - Two Eggs with Salmon & Chopped Spinach sprinkled with Flax Meal with a Small Apple for Breakfast cooked in Butter.
    - Half Cup Cottage Cheese for a post-workout Snack.
    - Turkey Roast with Mayo and Salad Greens, Lettuce, Kale, Baby Spinach, Carrots for Lunch.
    - Pork Roast with Roasted Asparagus in Olive Oil Salt & Pepper and another Half Cup Cottage Cheese for Dinner.
    - Half Scoop Whey Protein, Half Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk, Half Cup Plain Greek Yogurt & Frozen Banana and Blueberries for a smoothie.
    Calories: 1656
    Protein: 134g
    Fat: 82g
    Carbs: 93g

T
    - Three Egg Omelet, Roast Pork, Red Bell Pepper, Onion & White Mushrooms cooked in Butter for Breakfast.
    - No Lunch.
    - Three Chicken Drumsticks with Mashed Cauliflower & Brussels Sprouts lathered in Pepper and Butter and a large Carrot for dinner.
    - Half Cup Blueberries & Blackberries in half a cup of Plain Greek Yogurt as a snack.
    Calories: 1588
    Protein: 124g
    Carbs: 53g

W
    - Three Eggs with Two Slices of Bacon cooked up in Butter for Breakfast.
    - Two Talapia Fillets with Mayo in a Salad of Baby Spinach, Kale, Lettuce, Spring Mix, and Carrots.
    - Shrimp cooked in Butter, mixed with Ground Beef with some Steak & Green Beans for dinner.
    - Handful of Mixed Nuts for a snack.
    - I was also bad and had a forkful of Triple Chocolate Cake for my moms birthday...but I was able to keep it at a forkful & not have a whole slice. It was hard.
    Calories: 1670
    Protein: 136g
    Carbs: 40g

Th
    - Two Eggs with Two Slices of Bacon & Top Round London Broil Steak with some White Mushrooms, Red Bell Pepper & Onion for Breakfast.
    - Some Stew with Beef Stew Meat, Carrots, Sweet Potato & Tomato with Spices & A little Apple Cider Vinegar.
    - Top Round London Broil Steak with Broccoli & Carrots cooked in Olive Oil for Dinner.
    - Scoop of Whey with a Frozen Banana, Tablespoon of Organic Peanut Butter, and a cup of Almond Milk for a post-workout Smoothie.
    Calories: 1956
    Protein: 164g
    Fat: 97g
    Carbs: 99g

F
    - Two Eggs & Two Slices of Bacon with 1 Cup Spinach & Half Cup Cottage Cheese for Breakfast.
    - Beef Jerky for a Snack.
    - Seasoned Crock Pot Whole Chicken with Onion/Mushroom Gravy, Cauliflower Mash with Butter and Brussels Sprouts for Dinner.
    - Ounce of Raspberries, Half Cup Blueberries & Plain Greek Yogurt before bed.
    Calories: 1726
    Protein: 130g
    Fat: 102g
    Carbs: 65g

S
    - No Breakfast.
    - Went out to a Diner. Had New York Strip Steak and Two Eggs for Lunch.
    - Small Piece of Full Fat Cheese.
    - Left over Crock Pot Whole Chicken, Bok Choy, Broccoli, Carrots, Green Cabbage, Snow Peas, & Kale Stir-Fry.
    - Half Scoop Whey, Half Cup of Plain Greek Yogurt & Unsweetened Almond Milk with frozen Blueberries & Banana before bed.
    Calories: 1475
    Protein: 137g
    Fat: 80g
    Carbs: 57g

Su
    - Two Eggs & a Turkey Burger with half a cup of Chopped Spinach for Breakfast.
    - Can of Tuna & Mayo with a Gala Apple for Lunch.
    - Pork Roast with Roasted Asparagus and Olive Oil & Salt/Pepper with Half Cup Cottage Cheese for dinner.
    - Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk, 2 Tablespoons Organic Peanut Butter, and Baby Spinach Leaves for a Smoothie before bed.
    Calories: 1740
    Protein: 123g
    Fat: 109g
    Carbs: 64g

GRATITUDE:
    - I am grateful for the support from this community and others like you guys!
    - I am grateful that the Earth is releasing its grip on this harsh winter, and allowing warm loving sun to shine down more frequently.
    - I am grateful to live at home and be allowed to get my life together & take the time I need.

HEALTH:
    Think maybe the binge-feelings I had was related to PMS?
    I have never had cravings or dietary changes/urges related to my Menstrual Cycle before, but the change in diet could mess up that “chemical-balance” right?

I was having a chocolate craving on top of it - a huge Whey protein shake with frozen Banana, Organic Peanut Butter, & Almond Milk hit the spot.
    I was actually amazed it did. Whatever works.
    Not the best, but better than brownies!

My sleeping is still out of whack, but I’ve had a few “decent” nights where I got more than 3 hours of sleep, at least. I keep forgetting to put on my blue light blocking glasses.

Also - I thought my watery diarrhea was a result of the Magnesium spray.
    So. I stopped using it.
    During a sprint session on Monday I had to get off the treadmill to use the bathroom and it happened again. Then persisted all night.
    What’s up with that?
    Apparently it’s not the spray. So Ill use that again.

I’m also bloated again.
    Since I changed to Primal my stomach went down like 2 inches from bloating from grains and whatnot.
    Now with the digestive issues its all gross and bloated again.

Sigh. Maybe this isn’t for me either….
    Im hoping its my body adjusting.
    But optimism isn’t with me.

Edit:
    Thinking the diarrhea is related to too much raw vegetables ( salad ) - going to cook thoroughly and slowly reintroduce.
    Missed my period this month despite being on the pill which regulates it, so guess my hormones are out of whack too.
    Suppose to get my test results from my Wednesday doctors apt back this Thursday.
    He took like 5 viles of blood to help me as much as possible with figuring out my sleep/fatigue/etc issues.
    Started a vitamin D supplement as well.

GOALS:
    - To continue working on last weeks goals.
    - Breathe. Just sit. And breathe. And nothing else.
    - Get more lifting days in at the Gym & put on some weight/muscle.
    Last edited by Makoce; 03-30-2014 at 05:31 PM.

The Path of Healing.

“Take long walks in stormy weather or through deep snows in the fields and woods, if you would keep your spirits up. Deal with brute nature. Be cold and hungry and weary.”

EXERCISE:
    M - 30 minute Walk, some Sprinting.
    T - 60 minute Strength Training.
    W - 2 hour Hike.
    Th - 30 minutes Elliptical & quick 10 minute Strength Training session.
    F - 60 minute walk.
    S - 60 minute Strength Training.
    Su - 30 minute walk, 20 minute bike ride with my dog.

FOOD:
    M
    - Two Eggs cooked in Butter, Beef Roast, Two Slices of Bacon & Cup of Chopped Spinach for Breakfast.
    - Left over Crock Pot Whole Chicken with Half Cup Plain Greek Yogurt & Frozen Blueberries for Lunch.
    - Two Salmon Fillets with Broccoli, Carrots, Kale, Cabbage, Boy Choy, & Snow Peas cooked in Olive Oil for Dinner.
    Calories: 1318
    Protein: 133g
    Fat: 70g
    Carbs: 37g

T
    - Two Eggs, Slice of Bacon, Pork Roast Omelet with Red Pepper, Onion & White Mushrooms for Breakfast.
    - Half Cup Cottage Cheese Post-Workout.
    - Three Chicken Drumsticks, Cauliflower Mash with Butter & Sweet Potato Fries for Dinner.
    - Scoop of Whey, Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk, Frozen Banana & 1 Tablespoon Organic Peanut Butter for a Shake.
    Calories: 1840
    Protein: 144g
    Fat: 108g
    Carbs: 76g

W
    - Two Eggs Cooked in Butter with a Ground Turkey Patty and Frozen Cut Spinach for Breakfast.
    - Cottage Cheese & some Raspberries for Lunch.
    - Two Ground Beef Patties with Bacon & Full Fat Cheese with Broccoli, Cauliflower & Carrots with Green Beans for Dinner.
    - Pain Greek Yogurt & Frozen Blueberries
    Calories: 1819
    Protein: 117g
    Fat: 114g
    Carbs: 50g

Th
    - Two Eggs with Ground Beef & Full Fat Cheese with Frozen Cut Spinach for Breakfast.
    - One Chicken Drumstick with Mixed Nuts for Lunch.
    - Angus London Broil Steak with Brussels Sprouts & Roast Asparagus for Dinner.
    - Half Scoop Whey, Half Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk, Half Cup Plain Greek Yogurt, Frozen Blueberry & Banana Smoothie.
    Calories: 1698
    Fat: 97g
    Carbs: 67g

F
    - Two Eggs cooked in Grass Fed Butter with Beef Eye Round Steak & a Cup of Spinach for Breakfast.
    - Tuna with Mayo, some Raspberries & Walnuts, Lettuce, Carrot, and Baby Spinach for Lunch.
    - Beef Liver cooked in Bacon Fat with 4 Slices of Bacon, Onion, & Green Beans.
    - Apple with Tablespoon Organic Peanut Butter before bed.
    Calories: 1513
    Protein: 122g
    Fat: 83g
    Carbs: 58g

S
    - Two Eggs & Turkey Burger with Two Cups of Spinach for Breakfast.
    - Some Beef Stew with Stew Meat, Carrots & Sweet Potato cooked in Diced Tomatoes, Spices & a bit of Apple Cider Vinegar and Beef Stock for Lunch.
    - Three Chicken Thighs with Brussels Sprouts for Dinner.
    - Half Cup Greek Yogurt & Blueberries before bed.
    Calories: 1712
    Protein: 123g
    Fat: 103g

Su
    - Three Eggs & 3 Slices of Bacon with Cup of Spinach for Breakfast.
    - Half Cup Cottage Cheese & some Raspberries with Walnuts and Almonds for Lunch,
    - Two Salmon Fillets with Steamed Broccoli, Carrots, Cabbage & Snow Peas for Dinner.
    - Apple with 1 Tablespoon Organic Peanut Butter after dinner.
    Calories: 1438
    Protein: 103g
    Fat: 83g
    Carbs: 72g

GRATITUDE:
    - I am grateful for the light in my window in the morning, and the songs of the birds!
    - I am grateful for the hikes I take with my dog daily.
    - I am grateful for the changes I have made in my life this month.

HEALTH:

Got my blood test results online last night.
    I have a vitamin D deficiency & high cholesterol. It was like 338.
    But in terms of the issues I am having, everything came back normal.
    I have a follow up this Thursday so Ill update you guys.
    Im kinda upset that Im "healthy" because now I continue to feel crappy with no answers or treatment.

Stools are still loose, not sure what I am eating.
    Thought it was raw veggies but Ive cooked all my veggies this and last week and it remains.

Edit:
    Doing process of elimination to figure out bowel troubles.
    Asparagus and Olive Oil at first.
    Got my blood test results - high Cholesterol & Fatty liver, but nothing serious.
    Though, Im disappointing because we ran 10 pages of blood tests to figure out the cause of the original reason i went in
    ( Insomnia, Dizzyness/passing out upon standing, No feeling in fingers/toes, Bruising under skin, fatigue/weakness bunch of other stuff )
    And all the tests came back normal. UGH. Back to feeling like shit with no answers.

GOALS:
    - Bring back up my activity level again, but keep the cardio on the back burner.
    - Up my calorie intake a bit and try to put on some muscle.
    - Again. Relax. Often. Quietly. Ahhh.
    Last edited by Makoce; 04-06-2014 at 05:40 PM.

margalott is offline Senior Member
    Hey, I really dig your attitude and am way impressed by your journal (so reader-friendly and organized! I'm a little embarassed by mine now, haha). Congrats on coming so far, the physical part is way easier than the mental!!

Thanks so much for your words!

The Path of Healing.

ďWhen nobody else celebrates you, learn to celebrate yourself. When nobody else compliments you, then compliment yourself. Itís not up to other people to keep you encouraged. Itís up to you. Encouragement should come from the inside.Ē

EXERCISE:
    M - A little bit of walking, but mostly a rest day. Dont feel well.
    T - Walked the mall (did 24 hour fast so didnt want to over-do it)
    W - 60 minute Strength Training & 10 minute prints. A small Bike Ride with my dog.
    Th - An hour Hike and a Bike ride.
    F - Slow, steady 40 minute Walk.
    S - 60 minute Strength Training & 30 minute Bike Ride with my dog.
    Su - 30 minute walk and Archery

FOOD:
    M
    - Two Eggs cooked in butter with a Turkey Patty & 2% Cheese, with Sugar Snap Stir Fry for Breakfast.
    - Tuna with Mayo & Raspberries for Lunch.
    - Beef Eye Round Steak cooked in Bacon Fat with Spinach & Kale with Sweet Potato Fries cooked in Ghee & Pink Salt for Dinner.
    Calories: 1648
    Protein: 132g
    Fat: 94g
    Carbs: 56g

T
    - No Breakfast
    - No Lunch
    - Pork Shoulder Roast in the Crock Pot with Cauliflower Mash with Butter & Brussels Sprouts for Dinner.
    Calories: 1080
    Protein: 85g
    Fat: 70g
    Carbs: 19g

W
    - Three Eggs, Two Pieces of Bacon & some Petite Peas for Breakfast cooked in Bacon Fat.
    - Left over Pork Shoulder with Half Cup Cottage Cheese and a Carrot for Lunch.
    - Two Ground Beef Patties, 2% Cheese, Two Pieces of Bacon and some steamed Zucchini for Dinner.
    - Plain Keifer, frozen Banana & Blueberry Smoothie before bed.
    Calories: 1678
    Protein: 125g
    Fat: 95g

Th
    - Three Eggs with some Chicken Hearts/Gizzards with some Spinach for Breakfast.
    - Tin of Sardines with Mayo, a Carrot, Baby Spinach and Lettuce with some Almonds for Lunch.
    - Three Chicken Thighs, a little bit of White Rice & Steamed Bok Choy and Zucchini for Dinner.
    - Frozen Blueberries in half a cup Plain Greek Yogurt & some left over Pork Shoulder before bed.
    Calories: 1700
    Protein: 128g
    Fat: 110g
    Carbs: 57g

F
    - Beef Liver fried in Bacon Fat, some Chicken Hearts/Gizzards, Two Slices Bacon & some Spinach for Breakfast.
    - Tuna & Mayo with some Walnuts for Lunch.
    - Two Salmon Fillets, Cottage Cheese with Steamed Broccoli & Carrot for Dinner.
    - Frozen Banana, Baby Spinach, Avocado, Almond Milk & Organic Peanut Butter Smoothie before bed.
    Calories: 1718
    Protein: 157g
    Fat: 90g

S
    - Ground Beef, Two Slices of Bacon, & Cheese wrapped in Lettue with a Strawberry for Breakfast.
    - Scoop of Whey, Almond Milk, Frozen Banana & some Organic Peanut Butter for a Shake Post-Workout Lunch.
    - Bison Steak Medallions with Sweet Potato Fries cooked in Ghee, with Steamed Broccoli/Carrot for Dinner.
    - Plain Greek Yogurt with some Frozen Blueberries before-bed snack.
    Calories: 1589
    Protein: 133g
    Fat: 73g
    Carbs: 96g

Su
    - Pork Shoulder with Cottage Cheese & a Carrot for Breakfast.
    - Canned Salmon with Mayo & Spinach for Lunch.
    - Homemade FlaxSeed Wrap with Mozzarella Cheese & Chicken Thigh meat with Brussels Sprouts for dinner.
    - Some plain Keifer and a Pear for Snack.
    Calories: 1761
    Protein: 134g
    Fat: 112g
    Carbs: 66g

GRATITUDE:
    - I am grateful for the weather changes. The rain is refreshing and renewing of life and the sun is warm and divine. The winter is finally breaking its grip!
    - The food that is readily available to me on a daily basis that mother earth provides!
    -

HEALTH:

M
    Took a rest day from life & responsibility today. Severe depression kicked in after weeks of seemingly getting better. I miss the woods today but I think I needed to lay on the couch for hours on end even more .. I just let myself feel down for a little bit. No where does it say that we ALWAYS need to stay positive and be happyÖ it feels good to be happy but there is a certain balance and I feel sometimes the days where Iím feeling hopeless are the days that need to happen, the days that show me that being a human includes times where we just donít feel like ourselves and the sun canít make us smileÖ and on those days I think it is just important to have hope that tomorrow will be better. It is easier to live in the present moment when we have hope for the next day to come. Your feelings and emotions are only temporary, forever changing, always flowing and I donít believe you will feel like this for a long time. Hope you are are having a better day than I and the beam of light that is positivity fills your day if not!

T
    Got an hour left of my first 24 hour fast for today!
    Really gives you energy and heals your soul and body.
    Makes you appreciate what mother earth gives you on a daily basis, and how we take our endless access to food for granted.
    It really helps you achieve a deeper grasp of self-control and discipline as one denies the natural desires of the flesh.

W
    After breaking my fast I immediately had loose stools again. I'm going to attempt to change my macros to lower fat, and eat FODMAP approved veggies for a few weeks. I'm also going to add back starches and carbs such as potato, rice and more sweet potato. Also more fruits. Going to eat what I want and ignore macros. Hopefully this will help me. I only fear changing my macros will make me want to binge again as high fat has kept me satisfied. We'll see how it goes!

Th
    Stomach was gurgling last night, but no GI issue.
    Not sure if it was low fat or low vegetable count, so we'll see again tonight.
    Added some white rice to my dinner to see if some starches will help out my gut a bit too.
    Really ravenous today, but It could be because I did a 24 hour fast this week and haven't made up the calories.
    Edit - Loose stools after lunch, but had some rice with my dinner -- I had a gurgley stomach, but no stools.
    No idea if its coincidence or not.

F
    Ok. Before I try eliminating the diverse amounts of vegetables I eat, Im eliminating eggs for a few days to see as I never use to eat egg yokes/a lot of eggs.
    Someone recommended this to me after viewing my diet, and its easier like I said so why not.
    It's amazing how hungry I am without my eggs!
    I had a blood sugar crash even, and got extremely angry and hostile at one point.
    Got home late and ate my second meal, was full .. but had to shove dinner down my throat.
    Compacting my food into my stomach and getting that over-full feeling now brings back the old binging feelings I use to get. Joy.
    At least I still have calories left for a smoothie.
    Had veggies with dinner, so far my stomachs okay, but we will see!
    It's a double edge sword I guess .. it's either eggs or veggies, both will suck to give up.

S
    I dont have much to say other than fuck all this Im making a doctors apt. Monday.

[b]Su[/]
    Great day. My dad passed down to me his green recurve since mine was broken. Spent the afternoon with the bonfire and shooting targets with him like I did when I was a kid. I felt great today and no issues in the bathroom yet. Probably all the Imodium I unfortunately had to take yesterday.

GOALS:
    - Let go of the reigns a bit on food obsessive tendencies. Just because a diet has certain guidelines, doesn't mean that it will work for my body.
    - Stop fearing carbs. I was eating disgusting food before switching and losing weight weekly just fine. Healthy carbs are nothing to fear.
    - Outside! More!
    Last edited by Makoce; 04-13-2014 at 07:44 PM.

“Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, an hour, or a day. Maybe even a year. But it will eventually it will subside. And something else will take its place. But if you quit, that pain will last forever.”

Some progress pictures for you all!

Professional Photos Redone

Charted a year!

Strength Training Progress, Abs

Strength Training Progress, Biceps
    Last edited by Makoce; 04-12-2014 at 08:58 PM.

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I like the passages that you post at the beginning of your posts.
    Where did you find them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast