Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Contradictions page 3

lente is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    And if you do a lot of things right you can afford to do some things wrong.

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member
    @mikebike: picture yourself in a lush, people-free, rich forest with nothing but a weapon and some matches. What would you *not* be able to eat? Then completely avoid those.

A wolf ("real dog") compares to a chihuahua ("new dog") as a blue berry compares to a big, sweet hybrid mango. Get my point? (Stick to "real" foods)

Move slow and often, and lift heavy things once in a while. Get sunlight when you can.

Do all of the above and you will be perfectly fine. No need to count calories or portions, eat whenever you feel hungry and until you are satiated. Your body will recover it's ability to self-regulate, fat will melt-off seamlessly, healthily and you will feel great. I know it sounds too good to be true, but it works. Good luck.
    Last edited by SerialSinner; 06-26-2010 at 04:25 PM. Reason: sunlight mention
    “Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Mike Alzen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbeyGirl View Post
    Many of the apparent contradictions aren't contradictions at all, but rather different answers for different situations.

For example: Is dairy beneficial? If you're a lean bodybuilder looking to add muscle mass, then yes. If you're a casual exerciser looking to lose 30 pounds, then no. It all depends on your goal.
    +1

@mikebike: There are very few hard and fast rules that apply to everyone (avoid gluten), a few general rules that apply to most people (keep carbs low-ish), and the rest is specific to individual situations. What may look like contradictions is *usually* just people avoiding blanket "one size fits all" statements.

If someone says something worked for them and your situation sounds similar, consider it. If someone says they have the one and only true way that it should be done and if you do anything different you're a blasphemous heretic, maybe be a little more critical of their advice (unless that advice is to avoid gluten. Seriously. Avoid that sh*t).

Oh, and read Good Calories, Bad Calories.
    Last edited by Mike Alzen; 06-26-2010 at 04:43 PM. Reason: clarify who I'm talking to

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member
    I second Mike Alzen as well.

I have to clarify that I am assuming you are a normal and reasonably healthy person. If you are not you might need to tweak your diet accordingly.
    “Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

cerebelumsdayoff is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the world of nutritional advice. Two people can give you two opposing views and make sense in both of their arguments. Its your job to figure out what advice best appeals to you and your senses, and interpret it properly to adhere to your own life. Its challenging and requires a lot of trial and error. I've been frustrated about it too, but you have to realize that there are few rules that are total universals for ALL people. Guidelines are guidelines. The blueprint is a basic schema that is open for personalization. Filling the voids is where your own volition comes in.
    --
    Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

mikebike is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for all the advice everyone. Unfortunately, I'm not healthy, never will be. Pituitary was removed (along with a tumor) in 1994 and have to take lots o' stuff to keep my self alive. Prednison, synthroid, desmopressin, HgH, testosterone and recently convinced my Endocronologist to let me start taking Liothyronine, for T3 replacement. When I had that surgery I weighed 180 lbs. Four months later, I weighed 250 lbs and gaining by the day. Went the low fat route and got down to 230 lbs. Right now I'm around 220lbs and would like to be some where under 200 lbs.

I feel great, exercise responsibly, but hate the way I look. After all these years I've never gotten used to carrying the extra weight. I'm hoping between living primal and the T3 replacement, I'll start to lose weight.

I'm going to cut down on the dairy. Although I have no issues with it, seems unnatural to eat so much. I've been incorporating lots of coconut milk and coconut oil into my diet. Recently found a local rancher that raises 100% natural beef, pork and chicken. No hormones, free range...the whole deal. Prices are reasonable and no minimums so I'm a happy camper.

Very good advice SS. I like the way you think.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    I don't see the contradictions in here as much as I do the extremes. There are some people that believe that low carb is keeping it under 100, and others that believe it means to keep it less than 20. Some say eat fruit occasionally, and some say none at all. The general principles are universal, meaning, eat real whole foods, meats, vegetables, fruits and avoid grains and processed food.

BlazeKING is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebike View Post
    Read these forums after awhile and you'll have your head spinning. Seems like almost every thing that I read that is supposed to be good, others say is bad. How the heck can you extract wtf you're supposed to eat? Some say milk by-products (assuming good sources) are great, others say bad. Some say beef, pork, poultry good, others say bad. Some say don't worry about the calories, just the carbs, others say got to worry about the calories too. Go to different primalish web sites and you'll read some vary contradictory information.

I want to lose weight and be as healthy as possible. How are you supposed to know?
    Who says beef pork and poultry is bad? No way, you won't see that here unless it is from a troll. Some say worry about carbs, others calories. Why not both if you are having weight issues? Research! I think you will find there are many commonalities here. Eat real food, ditch processed food and high GI carb food. Think about what your ancestors would have eaten on a daily basis. That is a great start to a healthier you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123