Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Contradictions page 2

Bisous is offline Senior Member
    Some people are definitely more carb sensitive than others. I can tolerate primal carbs, but not milk. So there you go!

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Many of the apparent contradictions aren't contradictions at all, but rather different answers for different situations.

For example: Is dairy beneficial? If you're a lean bodybuilder looking to add muscle mass, then yes. If you're a casual exerciser looking to lose 30 pounds, then no. It all depends on your goal.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

lente is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebike View Post
    Read these forums after awhile and you'll have your head spinning. Seems like almost every thing that I read that is supposed to be good, others say is bad. How the heck can you extract wtf you're supposed to eat? Some say milk by-products (assuming good sources) are great, others say bad. Some say beef, pork, poultry good, others say bad. Some say don't worry about the calories, just the carbs, others say got to worry about the calories too. Go to different primalish web sites and you'll read some vary contradictory information.

I want to lose weight and be as healthy as possible. How are you supposed to know?
    You can't know for sure. You have to make an educated guess and hope for the best. I know, not very comforting, but that's life for you. Chances are that many things we do today are revealed to be idiotic in the future, but people in those futures have the same problem. Dead is certain, life is not.

Mirrorball is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, stick to the basics. Eat real food, whatever makes you feel better, avoid processed food and don't get obsessed with perfection.
    Height: 5'4" (1.62 m)
    Starting weight (09/2009): 200 lb (90.6 kg)
    No longer overweight (08/2010): 145 lb (65.6 kg)
    Current weight (01/2012): 127 lb (57.5 kg)

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    I do not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not tell the truth none of the time.

You may defer to all I tell you.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Read the Primal Blueprint book, do the things talked about in there. Then start experimenting after a while. A great many of us don't really know what we're talking about, me included.

Ry
    Ry is offline Member
    Something that needs to be considered is what you are comparing to. Dairy might compare favorably to vegetable margarine/soy milk/etc. but might not compare as well to grass fed tallow or meat because of some of the uniquely insulinogenic and growth promoting factors that are present in dairy. On the same lines pork and poultry are good when compared to standard American foods, but I would argue that they look bad when compared to beef/lamb because of the omega-6 contents.

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    The best thing you can do is listen to YOUR body and pay attention how YOUR body reacts to food, exercise, and lifestyle changes.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EGYnutrition View Post
    The best thing you can do is listen to YOUR body and pay attention how YOUR body reacts to food, exercise, and lifestyle changes.
    And be honest with yourself! I remember how badly I wanted to believe in a fully carnivore diet, and convinced myself that it was indeed ideal... vegans do the same thing, no? Take everything with a grain of salt.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Grol is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Pass on the salt if you hypertensive though!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast