Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How long does it take you to do a workout?

How long does it take you to do a workout?

Shop Now
    I noticed that now that I DIY and go in the morning, that I get my workout in fast. This morning took about 50 minutes and included:
    3 sets of 5 deadlifts at 65% max, with some warm up sets
    3x10 hip thrusters
    3x12 abductions
    3x 12 back extensions with 3x12 abs

I feel like I don't rest much at all and just keep moving; I noticed at times I huff and puff a bit, which never happened when I was more chatty/social/working with a partner. Anything wrong with moving thru strength training at a good clip? My goal is more about getting a nice ass and fat burning than lifting huge amounts of weights.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

90 minutes or so 3x a week, but my goals are different (max strength).

You're already pretty strong. If you're happy with your strength, nothing wrong with compromising a little intensity for the sake of density.
    The Champagne of Beards

It takes about 40 minutes to an hour, 3 days per week, depending on what workout it is and how lazy I'm feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Anything wrong with moving thru strength training at a good clip? My goal is more about getting a nice ass and fat burning than lifting huge amounts of weights.
    There's nothing wrong with that.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

I started at 60 minutes twice a week, but it has already crept up to 75-80 minutes.

My problem is that I keep on finding too new things to try - mostly ideas from this forum :-)

Edit:

In addition to "workouts" in the gym I also do:

- bicycle commute to work (55 miles/4.5 hr./week)
    - weekend riding (6 hours) 80% social
    - sprinting - 20 minutes
    - 4-5 hours/wk of walking

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Last edited by miata; 03-21-2014 at 10:23 AM.

I'm going to have to learn to take more rest time. I usually do like a minute max between sets....also use a lot of supersets and drop sets and such. I use to get my work done in less than a half hour, but I expect this is about to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I'm going to have to learn to take more rest time. I usually do like a minute max between sets....also use a lot of supersets and drop sets and such. I use to get my work done in less than a half hour, but I expect this is about to change.
    I blaze through 5/3/1 pretty quick, since the final set is the "real" workset. It's a lot quicker for me than 5's across, where I was resting as long as 9-10 minutes between squat sets.
    The Champagne of Beards

It depends on what I am doing. Today I did only squats. It took me about 25 minutes. I had one fail, which because it required me to unload the bar and load it back up again added about 5 minutes.

Other days I will do two main lifts. Then it will take around 45 minutes. If I have additional time to kill, I'll add some other stuff so I don't have to go to work early.

If I go in around the lunch hour, I have to add about 20 minutes for waiting in line to use the squat rack/floor space. They gym SUCKS about squat racks and floor space.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Erm.... a minute?

one set of 4-8 reps (currently just squats but gonna switch in some deads and weighted dips for fun)

To be fair, my friend/trainer loads and unloads when i'm not there so i can whip in during my lunch break

I usually try to be out of the gym in an hour or less. Right now, Monday (volume day) takes a full hour, even cutting my rest time as short as I can. Wednesday recovery workout usually gets banged out in a half hour. Friday (5 rep max day) is about 45 minutes.

Sent via lightsaber

Shop Now
    nowadays, 45 minutes to an hour. long gone are the days of 90 minute to 2 hour workouts in the gym. 4 different exercises for each bodypart, endless sets, etc...