Thread: sugar free nitrate free bacon page

shannon is offline Senior Member

sugar free nitrate free bacon

i can find the nitrate free bacon in my health food store, but it lists sugar as an ingredient. it also says 0 carbs, but i would prefer to eat mine w/o the sugar. are there any brands out there?

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    I couldn't find any, but I found a brand called Wrights which I think is probably the best of what I'm going to found around here.

Not that it really helps you, but I just wanted to pimp this bacon out.

Mike Alzen is offline Senior Member
    I have yet to find any without some sort of sugar. Based on the nutrition info though, it has to be a very minimal amount and I'm not willing to give up bacon for that. I mean.....c'mon.

cerebelumsdayoff is offline Senior Member
    I would posit that the sugar contents are so trivial that they should be no cause for concern. Bacon on!
    --
    Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

thanks guys. i guess i could always drive out to amish country. they have the 'pure' bacon, but for now i guess store bought it is. i don't think i can go much longer without it

barryman9000 is offline Senior Member
    Is it really "nitrate free" or is it just cured with celery or beet juice? Just curious, I've heard that "unsalted" bacon is not very good.

rozska is offline Senior Member
    I get nitrate free, uncured bacon at my local co-op. It comes from a local farm (I live in Seattle, shop at the Madison Co-op) so it won't do most of you any good (It's called Sunday Morning.) It lists honey as one of the ingredients, but in what must be a minuscule amount based on the ingredient list. What *amazed* me about this bacon was the perfume-like scent it had when I cooked it -- a really light, sweet, high note. Couldn't taste that perfume, but the bacon did seem a bit sweeter than regular bacon. It was my first experiment with uncured bacon, and I'm sold.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    well i just wanted to post that i went with a local amish farmer. we used to get raw milk from them along with grass fed beef. we pay $4/lb. for pork side. it's uncured and unsugared yay! thanks for all the responses.