Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Low fat/ Lean Protein snack ideas? page

Chase09 is offline Junior Member

Low fat/ Lean Protein snack ideas?

Shop Now
    I am having trouble meeting my target range for Protein. I have no trouble getting my fat in. Can you suggest some snacks to help get in all my protein without adding too much extra fat?

Thanks!
    Tonya

glorth2 is offline Senior Member
    Jerky? Protein shake?

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Beef jerky
    Low fat plain yogurt (Additions: fruit, cocoa powder, mini chocolate chips, unsweetened shredded coconut)
    Macaroons made with egg whites
    Cottage cheese (Additions: fruit, cocoa powder, mini chocolate chips, unsweetened shredded coconut)
    Sliced chicken breast (Presentation: skewers, wrapped in lettuce, marinated in buffalo or BBQ sauce, etc, it's even good cold)
    Frozen yogurt - an ice cream maker is a great investment for this reason
    Straight up milk by the glass
    Homemade rice pudding: rice, low fat milk, gelatin, eggs, raisins, cinnamon

Those are mostly my go-to's.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Greek yogurt, cottage cheese

Alfi56 is offline Senior Member
    Hydrolyzed gelatin- super easy, dissolves in any liquid
    My trick is also to put a little egg white in stir fries at the very end-doesnt impart an eggy taste but just be careful not to overcook

max219 is offline Senior Member
    1% cottage cheese is pretty good, especially if you add something like fruit/honey/cinnamon etc. Same with low fat yogurt or kefir. 1% milk is good if you like milk. I eat a good amount of shrimp too. Chicken breast if you like that (I don't haha).

Adding gelatin powder into the cheese/yogurt/drinks/rice/oatmeal/eggs when cooking them etc adds more protein.

ladarisyuan is offline Junior Member

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfi56 View Post
    My trick is also to put a little egg white in stir fries at the very end-doesnt impart an eggy taste but just be careful not to overcook
    Gelatin is not anabolic protein. It is definitely useful and healthy, but its use is for structure - hair, nails, connective tissue, etc. If you are trying to hit a protein goal for athletic purposes gelatin protein does not count towards the goal. You need protein from eggs, meat or dairy for that.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Jefferson1775 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Gelatin is not anabolic protein. It is definitely useful and healthy, but its use is for structure - hair, nails, connective tissue, etc. If you are trying to hit a protein goal for athletic purposes gelatin protein does not count towards the goal. You need protein from eggs, meat or dairy for that.
    Then my protein intake for the past 2 months has been a lie! Noooo!
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

TQP
    TQP is offline Senior Member
    Liquid egg whites in a carton. Sounds scary, but I promise it's just 100% egg whites. Yolks are probably used for mayo, sauces, gelato, etc. Add it to smoothies or add some to your scrambled eggs/omelettes. I have seen a bodybuilding chick drink this with a scoop O_O

Venison, lean beef, lean ___ meat, low fat kefir/yogurt/cottage cheese, whey protein powder in smoothies, gelatin (I still count this in my protein intake as long as I have other protein sources), tuna (blech but good protein source), lean seafood.

Turkey bacon if you do turkey...although that's a lot of salt et al...

Making a egg white + egg + gelatin omelette + 1/2 cup of melty (not all brands melt the same way; some just get watery) cottage cheese as the filling + some turkey bacon is pretty delicious and you get a ton of protein in at once.
    JOURNAL.

Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog. (Latest recipe: Favorite Smoothies Recipes!)

Professional Style Website. (Latest features: Andrea, Random House Author; Tara, Digital Media Producer)

Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants.- Karl Lagerfeld

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast