Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neanderthal vs Homo Sapien? page

Jeeruid is offline Junior Member

Phil-SC is offline Senior Member

Cool They walk amongst us...!

Heck, I have always considered myself to be part Neanderthal! Broad shoulders, short, barrel chested.

I guess so...

hmmm...interesting to note. For me, I'm not sure what I am.heheheh..

I think that the article was a great laugh as well mostly because there were Neanderthal statistics that the modern man can definitely shoot for. That's pretty cool even if people think it's too much a romantic act than by scientific fact. I don't really care actually, because those are the joys of myths, legends and people still enjoy them today, so it doesn't really bother me. It's fun to keep searching. Makes life worth it.

In terms of the Neanderthal, I hope John Berardi does an article that instead of just using vital stats and measuring up spectrum of physical abilities, I wish he could do an article concerning the sex drive of the Neanderthal vs the Homo Sapien (Cro Magnum). Also, i'm interested to know about the size of the Neanderthal men's penis back then, as well as the Homo Sapien. Adding to that, the measuring up as well. heheheh. I guess, i'm gay, don't know really. But, I guess i'm just curious. Wondering if women had a good time back then too because of member sizes or sex drives. Very interesting to find out. heheheheh. If ever they did have large members, do we as very modern man, measure up? (no pun intended). That's a good question, I think. heheh

periquin is offline Senior Member
    I have no idea about what Neanderthals preferred, but here is something about ancient Greeks from an old post of mine in another thread.

Here is the 'official' description of the classic ideal of masculine beauty. You especially need to check the last sentance to see how far we have strayed.

The Perfect Body
    by Simon Goldhill
    An excerpt from Love, Sex & Tragedy: How the Ancient World Shapes Our Lives

Classical artists depicted the athlete’s ideal body which Lucian so enthusiastically described. … The body should be, as Lucian insists, lean but well built—bulked up from exercise but not fat or over-muscled like a modern body-builder. The muscles should be well defined (‘etched’) with a six-pack stomach and cut pectorals, and the torso should reveal an iliac crest, the sharp line or fold running above the groin and up over the hip, a physical characteristic that can be revealed only when the muscles are very strongly developed but the body is exceptionally lean—and which Greek sculptures emphasize in a way impossible to achieve in real life. Thighs are powerful, calves sharply articulated, penis small (always), and, since these are beautiful young men, they have no beards yet, but they do have carefully done hair.

woooooooooooo...like those descriptions. Though the penis would classically be small due to the great proportioned upper body of classic Greek and Roman sculptures as well as a muscular set of legs. In a way, it is a strong supposition to think that we cannot achieve such heights of physical perfection (the same goes for women: bust and butt, very few have attained it.) but I guess, the most fun part would be to try and give your best in attaining it, of course, with natural means. Thanks for the excerpt. Nice descriptions. I have comments as to accuracy of data by the author, but I don't really care. I have found no such value in criticizing people, but rather, I accept their viewpoints or not, I do not need to tell them they are wrong or whatsoever. I have simply been thankful for their help in molding my spirit. So Phil_SC and Periquin, thank you and I appreciate the help.

That post of mine is one man's opinion of what the ancients considered to be perfect. I posted it for humor if nothing else.

The sculptors depicted ideal bodies, not real bodies. I doubt that all Greeks and Romans looked like those statues.

Do models---male and female---really represent the general population?

Most definitely, no. What I am simply saying is that, it's fun to shoot for that perfect thing once in a while. Most of the time we lead ordinary tasks, we might as well make them extraordinary to give some life within our lives.

tuthAbureaura is offline Junior Member

Neanderthal vs Homo Sapien

This also would raise questions with the David and Goliath story. Neanderthals by evidence were larger and extremely stronger then those of Homo Sapien ancestry. This could explain Goliaths exaggerated size compared to David.

Interesting idea, but I tend to doubt that Goliath was a Neanderthal.

Giants are a reality. They exist today and no doubt existed long ago. A sad thing about giants is the tendency to a lack of nimbleness and dexterity and a shortened life span.

Goliath's major value was most likely intimidation, although fighting skill could have been there too.

Let's consider David. He was a young man, a shepherd. We read in the account that he was skillful with the sling, having already beaten lions and maybe tigers and bears. Something that many people don't realize is that the sling was a formidable weapon. Phonecians and Sumerians were feared because of their units of slingers.

So David was skilled with a very efficient weapon. Now, his faith in God. Had his faith in God been so profound, he would not have needed his sling. " I'll go down there and God will take care of it." No. He probably had faith in God, but in this instance, his faith was in his skill with the sling, and maybe in his knowledge of how slow moving giants were. He figured,"I can hit anything, especially when it doesn't dodge very well."

Now, I don't want to disparage David. I hear he was an especially accomplished musician. In fact, to paraphrase one my favorite philosophers and students of human accomplishments,Flip Wlson, "Little Davey was a super fine musician. Could sure play a mean lute."

No. David was an all-round good guy, brave and full of vim and vigor to serve his nation and king.

He was destined to win because he had superior weaponry as long as he stayed out of Goliath's reach.

Goliath, well, he didn't expect what happened. A sling, a stone, Nah. Such a thing never entered his head before. When that little shaver gets down here I'll get my sword from my sword caddy and end it. Well, it started and was over before Goliath was ready to fight. David never called out "En Garde" or anything like that. Just sent the stone sailing without the pre-fight hand shake. Goliath went down.

Nice story, but not all that wonderful as people make it.

Anyway, no sign of Neanderthal versus Sapien. I am open to reason though.

Russ is offline Senior Member
    wow, thanks for posting this, it was a good read

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast