Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Soy as a source of protein page

table9 is offline Junior Member

Soy as a source of protein

Shop Now
    I have been eating the Clif builder bars as a protein source and would like opinions on soy as source of protein. I have seen many conflicting studies on whether soy decreases testosterone or not.

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    Tempeh, miso, natto, etc. are fine. Stay far away from anything that hasn't been fermented - soy milk, tofu, cliff bars, etc.

http://www.naturalnews.com/025513_so..._soybeans.html
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Almost all soy products available in western supermarkets (including those that imitate the real versions of traditional, fermented soy foods) are dangerous.

The Vegetarian Myth and The Whole Soy Story are a couple books that address this.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

dacec is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbeyGirl View Post
    Almost all soy products available in western supermarkets (including those that imitate the real versions of traditional, fermented soy foods) are dangerous.

The Vegetarian Myth and The Whole Soy Story are a couple books that address this.
    +1

twinmama is offline Senior Member
    endocrine disrupter... bad...bad...bad.

PrincessGrok is offline Senior Member
    I am just waiting for the day that the " Media" announces that Soy has been linked to all the Breast Cancers out there....... Scary Scary Stuff.....

Egoldstein is offline Senior Member
    Clif bars are not food

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    No.

I do find tempeh tasty though....................... but I rather not grow tits.
    ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
    ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

Jefferson is offline Member
    I remember fondly those cool fall nights, sitting around the campfire after a long day of hunting and gathering. We would stretch out our toes towards the warmth of the campfire and listen to the elders tell tales of their exploits. Our favorite was always the story of how the mighty hunter, Passes the Dinner Rolls, managed to kill not one but THREE Clif Bars in a single hunt. His quiver was full, his lance was razor tipped and his will was as hard as the mountain.

Oh, how the tribe feasted on Clif Bars that day, bathing in their blood, shouting war cries to the sky and praising the name of Passes the Dinner Rolls.

Jefferson is offline Member
    I'm looking at the Clif Bar website. Are you aware that a single Clif Bar has 45g of carb, 21 of which come from sugar? The soy question aside, why would you put that trash in your mouth?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast