Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Soy as a source of protein page 2

Grol is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Passes the Dinner Rolls. hehe

avocado is offline Senior Member
    Jefferson, you made me laugh today Nice one.

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    Just have a Snickers and a scoop of protein powder, pretty similar nutritionally.

table9 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    I'm looking at the Clif Bar website. Are you aware that a single Clif Bar has 45g of carb, 21 of which come from sugar? The soy question aside, why would you put that trash in your mouth?
    Specifically the builder bars have 31 g carbs (20 sugar) and 20 in protein. Anybody have a protein bar alternative?

Ingredients: Soy Protein Isolate, Beet Juice Concentrate, Organic Brown Rice Syrup, Organic Evaporated Cane Juice, Palm Kernel Oil, Unsweetened Chocolate, Organic Rolled Oats, Cocoa, Organic Soy Protein Concentrate, Organic Sunflower Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Natural Flavors, Organic Dry Roasted Almonds, Rice Starch, Evaporated Cane Juice, Inulin (Chicory Extract), Cocoa Butter, Organic Milled Flaxseed, Organic Oat Fiber, Soy Lecithin, Salt, Red Cabbage Colo

periquin is offline Senior Member
    I remember fondly those cool fall nights, sitting around the campfire after a long day of hunting and gathering. We would stretch out our toes towards the warmth of the campfire and listen to the elders tell tales of their exploits. Our favorite was always the story of how the mighty hunter, Passes the Dinner Rolls, managed to kill not one but THREE Clif Bars in a single hunt. His quiver was full, his lance was razor tipped and his will was as hard as the mountain.

Oh, how the tribe feasted on Clif Bars that day, bathing in their blood, shouting war cries to the sky and praising the name of Passes the Dinner Rolls.
    I envy you your wonderful primal experience around that fire, feasting on the reward of the hunt.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    I remember fondly those cool fall nights, sitting around the campfire after a long day of hunting and gathering. We would stretch out our toes towards the warmth of the campfire and listen to the elders tell tales of their exploits. Our favorite was always the story of how the mighty hunter, Passes the Dinner Rolls, managed to kill not one but THREE Clif Bars in a single hunt. His quiver was full, his lance was razor tipped and his will was as hard as the mountain.

Oh, how the tribe feasted on Clif Bars that day, bathing in their blood, shouting war cries to the sky and praising the name of Passes the Dinner Rolls.
    Also, I am told that the fruits of the great Powerbush are perfectly ripe this time of year. When the wrapper gleams its most stunning green is when we know that it is time to harvest. Mother nature will also provide us with subtle hints if we are perceptive and know the ways of the land http://www.bikehaus.com.sg/uploads/i...%20harvest.jpg
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by table9 View Post
    Anybody have a protein bar alternative?
    Can of tuna and a hardboiled egg. Or a couple HB eggs. Or a beef patty (no bun, obviously). Or cottage cheese with berries. Or even one of Mark's primal energy bars (nut and coconut oil based). Or, if you must, a GOOD QUALITY, NON-SOY protein powder shake made with coconut milk.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    I'm looking at the Clif Bar website. Are you aware that a single Clif Bar has 45g of carb, 21 of which come from sugar? The soy question aside, why would you put that trash in your mouth?
    Exactly. It's just not an option

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    These days you can label shit "organic" and people will buy it.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Grol is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rphlslv View Post
    These days you can label shit "organic" and people will buy it.
    I buy organic shit by the ton. Composted horse manure.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast