Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How The Super Healthy Low Carb Paleo Diet Ruined Our Healthy and Sanity page

God
    God is offline Member

How The Super Healthy Low Carb Paleo Diet Ruined Our Healthy and Sanity

Primal Fuel
    Found this today:

How the super healthy, low carb/sugar- paleo diet ruined our health and sanity. | Get a Fresh Start

What are your thoughts?

This part was particularly interesting:

In Cassie Platt’s book Don’t Quit Sugar she explains- “Many people experience profound results through quitting sugar, particularly in the short term. Mentally, there’s increased energy, blunted appetite and noticeable mood enhancement. Physically, there’s seemingly effortless weight loss. What most fail to realise is that such changes are attributable to a state of cellular stress and consequent rise in stress hormones. For three months, six months, perhaps a year (this is affectionately termed the ‘honeymoon phase’), stress hormones can make you feel excellent, promotion euphoria and a heightened sense of wellbeing. But beneath the surface, stress hormones do exactly as their name suggests- they’re a stress on the body in its entirety. Prolonged elevation can break down body tissue, impair thyroid function, damage the metabolism and devastate the body physiologically.”

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    i think if i want to be moderate carb, i will. i feel fine on it.

i think if i want to be low carb, i will. i feel fine on it.

i think if i want to be high carb, i'll resign myself to constant false feelings of hunger and wonky periods

dietary trends are constantly changing because information is constantly changing, so just do whatever makes you feel good without expecting everyone to feel as great as you do doing what you do, because, every body is different

just pretend you learned that as a kid watching sesame street. every body is different.
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    I stopped reading when she dropped the c word. That is flat out offensive and I'm not going to read that crap.

Dann is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    I stopped reading when she dropped the c word. That is flat out offensive and I'm not going to read that crap.
    Far from crap. It's a great read.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Oh boy, cussing to be rebellious. How ingenious of her.

"The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

God
    God is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    How extremely prudish and close-minded of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Oh boy, cussing to be rebellious. How ingenious of her.

she's not being rebellious, she's being uber pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    How extremely prudish and close-minded of you.
    it's not prudish or close minded at all, excessive and unnecessary cursing can be offputting
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    it's not prudish or close minded at all, excessive and unnecessary cursing can be offputting
    It's not the words themselves that bother me as the fact that they add nothing to her arguments.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

it made me say 'what the fck'

i'm not sure what that means
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    Careful! She might come here and start a thread with cussin' and stuff....

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast