Thread: How the Corporations Trick Consumers page

zebonaut is offline Senior Member

How the Corporations Trick Consumers

"What will you gain when you lose" implies the ad for sugared carbohydrate. "Its only 100 calories" Eat this and be slim. But of course its NOT about calories. Only Big Ag wants to make it about "calories".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5a-5RBjrqE

Hannakb is offline Senior Member
    Ever heard of the gruen transfer?

It doesn't just apply to shopping centres any more.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    Makes me want to eat a double stick of Kerrygold in front of these people while the veins protrude even more from my arms when I only work out once per week for 30 minutes. Cereal is for fat people.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

jueangshiluo is offline Junior Member
    i think so,It's a way to artificially shift sugar farther down the ingredients list and thereby misinform consumers about the sugar content of the whole product.thanks

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    ingredients:

Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Vitamin B1 [Thiamin Mononitrate], Vitamin B2 [Riboflavin], Folic Acid), Sugar, Fructose, Vegetable Oil (Soybean, Palm, And Palm Kernel Oil With Tbhq For Freshness), Glycerin, Maltodextrin, Dextrose, Rice Flour, Modified Food Starch, Cocoa (Processed With Alkali), Contains 2% Or Less of Cornstarch, Salt, Soy Lecithin, Natural And Artificial Flavor, Invert Sugar, Cellulose Gel, Leavening (Baking Soda, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Monocalcium Phosphate), Cellulose Gum, Sodium Citrate, Tricalcium Phosphate, Nonfat Milk, Sodium Alginate, Xanthan Gum, Datem, BHT For Freshness. Contains Wheat, Milk And Soy Ingredients. May Contain Tree Nuts.
    SIX kinds of sugar.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

shawnee_bee is offline Junior Member
    Its all lies ...... how do they get away with such blatant lies ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sadly, most people want to be told how/what to eat, what is moral, how much to exercise, how much money to make, how many children to have, etc. To figure it out by themselves would require the kind of work a lot of people don't like, or haven't been taught. "Question Authority," might have been the mantra at one point in time, but now it seems like, "Follow the Rich Guys," is the wisdom of the day.

A good rule of thumb: if a company is public, or is big enough to advertise nationally, I'd be very wary of the information it's selling.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.