Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Barefoot shoes OTHER than Vibrams page

ajaj54 is offline Junior Member

Barefoot shoes OTHER than Vibrams

Primal Fuel
    I'm a size eleven womens US, and I have freaky long toes. Think like monkey feet. Now stop thinking about it, you're gonna give yourself the heebie jeebies. Anywho, the Vibram Five Fingers do NOT work for me, nor do most shoes, tbh. I'm like Hank Azaria's character in The Birdcage. "I never wear the shoes, because they make me fall down." I walk around barefoot at home and also outside if I can get away with it (I have very tough soles), but for the gym and hiking I need shoes. I love love love my New Balance Minimus cross trainers, but they no longer make this version anymore. So, before I wily nily sink seventy bucks into the new version, anybody feel like sounding off with their fav non-Vibram minimalist shoes?
    Goal #1: Feel AWESOME
    Goal #2: Look Good Nekkid
    Goal #3: Rub Success in Stupid Doctor's Stupid Face
    Goal #4: Total World Domination...or Total Bacon Domination, whichever is easier

My Primal Journal: Shut Up You're Not My Real Doctor!

SW(3/10/14):285 lb
    CW(3/20/14):279 lb
    GW(7/23/14):220 lb (fingers crossed)

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    I have a pare of barefoot by Merrell

http://www.merrell.com/US/en/Barefoot_Collection
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Britt is offline Senior Member
    I have Merrell Pace Gloves that have lasted over two years (causal wear). They're perfect.

I have Vivobarefoot winter boots and they make some really classy looking minimalist footwear. A bit expensive, but you do get what you pay for.

And second on Soft Star, too. Just designed a pair of the Dash model (all white for nursing school) and I can already tell they're going to be great for being on my feet 8+ hours a day. The color and material options for Soft Star make it fun to design. Handmade in the US too.
    "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love and something to hope for." - Allan K. Chalmers (1759-1834)

Greenbeast is online now Senior Member
    I love my DASH runamocs (all black for the office)

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Inov-8. I love mine, and they make them in women's sizes up to 11.5.

miata is online now Senior Member
    I'll second Vivibarefoot for casual shoes for work, etc. -- have three pair.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Last edited by miata; 03-16-2014 at 08:55 AM.

ajaj54 is offline Junior Member
    Wow, thanks all, for some great suggestions! Those Soft Stars look amazing! I think they're a little out of price range right now, but at least I have some other brands to look at.
    Goal #1: Feel AWESOME
    Goal #2: Look Good Nekkid
    Goal #3: Rub Success in Stupid Doctor's Stupid Face
    Goal #4: Total World Domination...or Total Bacon Domination, whichever is easier

My Primal Journal: Shut Up You're Not My Real Doctor!

SW(3/10/14):285 lb
    CW(3/20/14):279 lb
    GW(7/23/14):220 lb (fingers crossed)

Cavedude is offline Senior Member
    personally, i think the New Balance Minimus are really great. They have a zero toe-to-heel drop and are designed for running. Take a bit of time getting used to the zero drop though. Jumping right into a long distance run without getting used to them will be a lot of stress on you ankles and calves. Warm up slowly or transition with an "in-between" shoe, like the Nike Free. They're pretty good for running shoes as well and range from the Free 3.0 to 5.0, depending on how much of a drop you're looking for.
    "Always be yourself. Express yourself. Have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it." -Bruce Lee

drheather is offline Senior Member
    +1 for any of the Merrell barefoot styles-very comfortable. These are my go-tos when ouing out (wear my five fingers as well at home)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast