Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Anyone else try and avoid carbs at breakfast ?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    3,799

    Question Anyone else try and avoid carbs at breakfast ?

    Shop Now
    What do you have ?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    9,915
    Brotein powder and/or plain (full fat) Greek Yogurt.
    The Champagne of Beards

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,324
    Bulletproof Coffee.

    Ha, or meat and eggs.

    Sent via lightsaber

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    3,799
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Brotein powder and/or plain (full fat) Greek Yogurt.
    I used to have this all the time but an hour later and I was hungry again. I've found I need some form of meat and eggs to keep me feeling satisfied.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    2,522
    On lifting days, I'll usually have a small amount of meat or eggs and then some bananas or a sweet potato, and then go to the gym about an hour or two after that. On rest days, I usually skip breakfast.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

    This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ecuador
    Posts
    5,510
    Black coffee, then diet coke, and a pint of Diet Jello containing 5 gram of carbs after 10 am. I sometimes drink a cup of tea sweetened with Passionflower extract and b-vitamins that contain glucose syrup around noon...
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

    - Schopenhauer

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    9,915
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchhool View Post
    I used to have this all the time but an hour later and I was hungry again. I've found I need some form of meat and eggs to keep me feeling satisfied.
    Funny how we're all so different. This keeps me going until my 2 PM lunch hour, and I would honestly skip it entirely if I wasn't trying to maximize muscle protein synthesis.
    The Champagne of Beards

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    3,799
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Funny how we're all so different. This keeps me going until my 2 PM lunch hour, and I would honestly skip it entirely if I wasn't trying to maximize muscle protein synthesis.
    I'd even add some Almonds for the extra fat but still made no difference !

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,549
    When I really need to feel satiated, I have BACON - thick sliced. Any other day I can eat or not eat, just depends on what I have going in the hours after working out.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    3,799
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by edennperez1 View Post
    When I really need to feel satiated, I have BACON - thick sliced. Any other day I can eat or not eat, just depends on what I have going in the hours after working out.
    That's my breakfast staple !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •