Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pescetarian? page

EReardo1 is offline Junior Member

Pescetarian?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So I'm in the process of going primal and I have a bit of a problem- I'm currently a pescetarian, meaning I don't eat beef, pork, chicken or any other farm animal but I do eat seafood, eggs, milk and cheese, I also drink protein shakes to supplement protein I miss out on from the meats I don't eat. I'm having a hard time deciding as to whether or not I should start eating meat again. Do you guys have any advice? Do you think I can maintain a healthy primal diet without having to start eating barnyard meats again?

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    I think you should ditch the shakes and eat at least beef. It's the healthiest, and contains the least amount of PUFA's. That plus fish equals an ideal omega balance while getting enough protein. I myself don't eat chicken or pork very often for that reason.
    ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
    ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

Chairdr is offline Senior Member
    Dont get bullied into eating the things you dont want. I dont eat beef or pork, & I am doing fine. Lost 35 lbs in 10 weeks , & dont have to respond to all the threads about bacon. I eat a ton of poultry, seafood , eggs, & nuts. Dont think it cant be done your way.
    "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

Russ is offline Senior Member
    what about lamb? venison? buffalo? etc?

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    The important question is why are you a pescetarian?

EReardo1 is offline Junior Member
    No I dont eat lamb venison or any meats other than seafood. I gave up meat a while back for health reasons, and to be honest felt alot better. I guess I'm worried about getting enough calories without eating any type of grains, that coupled with not eating meat

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EReardo1 View Post
    No I dont eat lamb venison or any meats other than seafood. I gave up meat a while back for health reasons, and to be honest felt alot better. I guess I'm worried about getting enough calories without eating any type of grains, that coupled with not eating meat
    As long as you are getting adequate protein (~1g/lb lean mass), make up the calories with fats (to satiety).

Personally, my body loves lamb, beef, etc, but has issues with chicken. So, I eat very little chicken.
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalchild View Post
    The important question is why are you a pescetarian?
    Exactly
    “Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

prib81 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EReardo1 View Post
    Depending on where your people group is from, I'd suspect you'd do well on grass-fed ruminant. I don't do as well with pork or chicken (pastured of both are better) as I do with beef, and don't do as well with CAFO beef as grass-fed beef and bison.

Many health issues that CW informs us are from "red meat" actually aren't. I'd suggest doing what works for now, and adding in grass-fed ruminant in the future if you have a desire to eat it. Personal experimentation is the strongest informant for dietary and lifestyle change.

Grol is offline Senior Member
    I see no reason why someone cannot be primal and pescatarian. I'm tempted to eat like that for awhile when the freezer full of beef/lamb/bison is done. The more I read about omega 3s, plus the more I see results with my inflammatory issues, the more seafood I want to eat. Where I live, I have a great source for clean fish and other seafood, but no decent source for clean meat. :shrug:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast