Thread: New Guy page

TexasRig is offline Junior Member

New Guy

Primal Fuel
    I stumbled upon this site by following a link on a hunting forum of all places. I started reading and it really resonates with me. I'm almost 32 years old, 6' tall and right around 270lbs. I am addicted to carbs and have been for as long as I can remember. It isn't unusual for me to have 6 pieces of toast with breakfast. Of course eating like this has allowed me to get a nice belly and a set of moobs that any high school girl would be proud to have.

Every diet says you should limit your carbs or carbs are bad but no one has ever laid it out to me the way that this life style does. It has been really eye opening. So now I am working on being primal. I have already been running and will start lifting next week. I started the diet yesterday and felt really good this morning. Light and lean not bloated and heavy like I typically feel. My reasons for changing are two fold. Number one is me. I have spent the majority of my life overweight and I want to for once in my life be the best that I can be physically. Number two is for my kids. I have a two year old little boy and month old twins, boy/girl. I want to give them the nutritional base that I never had. I want them to be the best that they can be before they get to where I am at.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to learning and sharing with everyone.

Session

dacec is offline Senior Member
    A truly healthy diet is a life changer.

Welcome and best of luck!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Where in TX are you?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Salado about 45 minutes north of Austin on 35.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Ah. Was hoping for another West TX person. To my knowledge, I'm the only one in this area.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sorry no help here. While in high school I drove to Midland so a friend of mine could see a girl he met at church camp. She ended up making out with another friend that came with us. Very awkward drive home to say the least. That is the extent of my experiance with West Texas and in no way applies to anything, but was a memorable time.