Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Morning routine page

CaveBug is offline Senior Member

Morning routine

Primal Fuel
    What's your morning routine look like? When do you get up, make breakfast, do you take a shower, or workout? When do you leave for work? I recently moved for a new job and my morning are all weird now, so I'm looking for some ideas.
    You are an animal on this planet and the rules of engagement are non negotiable.

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    I'm up and out the house in 15-20 minutes, no eating, no showering. Just dress, toilet, grab lunch, make coffee, get in car.....

steven.kelly is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveBug View Post
    What's your morning routine look like? When do you get up, make breakfast, do you take a shower, or workout? When do you leave for work? I recently moved for a new job and my morning are all weird now, so I'm looking for some ideas.
    I get up and shower and get ready, I never cook in the morning, always the night before and I normally don't eat until lunch or my first break at work.

I try to avoid having to a lot before work because I know I'll sleep in and then be stressed and rushing around.

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    7:30 - Wake up
    7:40 - Dressed and out the door
    VELO! a couple miles to work
    8:00 - At desk

And that's about all I can say.

M.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    I wake up around 6 am splash some water in my face and over my body put on my flaming short, shoes, shirt and a cap. Then I guzzle down half cup of strong black coffee on my way to the beach for cardio that last an hour, including sprints, fartslek, easy jogging and some brisk walking. Then back for a shower. No real breakfast until 2 PM, just some diet gelatine…
    Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

Kris T is offline Senior Member
    Routine while working -

4am - wake up, 30 min workout
    4.30am - shower
    4.45am - breakfast
    5.15am - get ready for work
    5.40am - leave for work

Routine while laid off -

6am wake up and workout
    breakfast
    1 hr 'ish' bike ride
    shower
    go about the day
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

Pheebie is offline Senior Member
    Interesting seeing the variations in everyone's routines. Here's mine . . .

wake @ 5 AM (M-F)
    15 - 20 minute workout (Zgym)
    shower
    make coffee
    take care of dog
    get dressed while drinking coffee
    head to work
    @ work for 7:30 AM
    if hungry, I'll have breakfast (Greek yogurt w/nuts, shredded coconut & dried cranberries) at my desk, anwhere b/w 9-ish & 11-ish.

TQP
    TQP is offline Senior Member
    I don't really have ONE routine aside from what I drink/eat first thing in the morning and showering, because every day is different. Some days are 12 hour photoshoots and some are with tons of client meetings. Other days I'm in class just like any other law student. Three types of typical days though...

Law School Days:
    Get up around 8AM, make/eat/drink: Coffee + coconut milk/milk + gelatin (x2-3), vitamins, raw carrot, 1tsp coconut oil every other day or so.
    Shower.
    Spend 2 hours checking/answering emails with clinic clients (I do pro bono legal work for startups) and for fashion website. MDA if I have time.
    Read for class.
    Leave for class @ 2pm (I got lucky this semester) +clinic meetings+etc.

Photoshoot days: Basically out the door after the coffee milk combo + shower. Pack 1L grassfed low fat kefir because or else I'm not going to get to eat all day.

Non-law school/shoot days:
    Get up whenever (8-11am), make/eat/drink the same stuff.
    Make clay or aspirin mask, shower to wash it off.
    Check emails/do client work.
    Go to gym, lift heavy, eat a LOT.
    Come back and do more work for clients, for website, or FUN STUFF (whatever that is- so rare the past 2 months).
    JOURNAL.

Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog. (Latest recipe: Popsicles!)

Professional Style Website. (Latest features: How to Remix a Pant Suit; Courtney, Fashion Editor)

"A sense of humour and a little lack of respect: that's what you need to make a legend survive."- Karl Lagerfeld

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Aspirin mask? That's the first I've heard of that.

Is law school not an every day thing? Or is that a reference to weekends?

M.

TQP
    TQP is offline Senior Member

Morning routine

Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    Aspirin mask? That's the first I've heard of that.

Is law school not an every day thing? Or is that a reference to weekends?

M.
    Yep it's like an alpha hydroxy acid peel but cheaper. As you may know, aspirin is a weak acid.

I have 5 credits' worth of clinic this semester, which is like a law firm job except we are in charge of handling our own workload and meetings with clients, and the only work we do is for startups (funded and unfunded) and small entrepreneurs. Hence I only really have real class Monday and Wednesday as it's only 7 credits of class (law journal counts as 1 credit). Thursday/Friday I meet with clients and my patent group within the clinic, but I get to do it on my own time. We file patents, trademarks, do incorporation, and play patent litigation support. Tuesday, Saturday, Sunday I do fashion stuff (freelance styling, etc.) or take it "easy" (I.e. Catch up on school LOL).
    JOURNAL.

Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog. (Latest recipe: Popsicles!)

Professional Style Website. (Latest features: How to Remix a Pant Suit; Courtney, Fashion Editor)

"A sense of humour and a little lack of respect: that's what you need to make a legend survive."- Karl Lagerfeld

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast