Thread: Little experiment but I need some help. page

Bostonbully is offline Senior Member

Little experiment but I need some help.

Shop Now
    So I just about never go to the bathroom. When I do it is tiny and just not how things seem like they should be. I don't have an upset stomach or anything. I'm going to be drinking 8 oz of aloe vera mixed with 10 oz of water in a daily shake. Aloe soothes the digestive system and also helps to move things along. I am interested to see if I start going better. I don't want to be filling myself up with steaks and such every day because that would just be filling up the pipes again. I need suggestions on something light that is high in calories and fat but also primal. Avacadoes are high in fat so maybe some kind of shake. Ideas?

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    There's nothing wrong with your digestive system. Meat and fat don't "fill the pipe", it gets completely absorbed hence less need to go to the bathroom.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Acmebike is offline Member
    The cleaner Paleo/Primal I eat the less solid waste I have. Your feces is mostly dead bacteria and undigested fiber. Primal/Paleo foods are more fully utilized, far far far less waste. Keep an eye on things in that department, note any discomfort, and move forward as you see fit, but don't let Conventional Wisdom in bowel movements rule your decisions. Next thing you know, you'll mega-dosing bran or some crazy thing. Check into Atkin's forums about constipation (if that is what you have, no pain, no bloating, maybe no problem) for some out of the box ideas as well.

Lol I won't be mega dosing bran. As much as I hate to say it I do get some ferocious gas like I used to before I had to go but this time nothing happens. Just thought something could be a little out of balance. I'm still going to try the Aloe shakes though. It has like 2 carbs in it and is really nutritious. Atleast that is what I have read. We shall see.

shadgal is offline Senior Member
    Try soaking some whole linseeds (flaxseeds) 2 Tbs for an hour or so until they go all gluggy and gelatinous then mix in with a shake or in some yoghurt and eat. Very very good to get things moving without having to resort to 'other means'.

Quote Originally Posted by shadgal View Post
    Try soaking some whole linseeds (flaxseeds) 2 Tbs for an hour or so until they go all gluggy and gelatinous then mix in with a shake or in some yoghurt and eat. Very very good to get things moving without having to resort to 'other means'.

Thanks for the info. I may give that a try.

I have a co worker who's brother had digestive issues and an ulcer. After years of being on meds my co worker finally convinced him to try aloe vera and within 3 months he never had an issue again and was off the meds that didn't work in the first place. I never had an ulcer so I never gave it any thought to try it until I was reading online the other day and said what the hell. Worst thing that happens is I end up blowing $26 on a gallon of aloe vera juice.

zorba is offline Member
    I don't seem to go as much either, but have no feelings of being 'stopped up'. The 'less waste' thing makes a lot of sense.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Aloe isn't nutritious. It's irritating which is why it decreases transit time and increases bowel peristaltis.

Few questions:
    1)are you getting enough D? (enough to get your blood levels to 50-80 ng/mL)
    2)are you getting enough magnesium (approx 400-600 mg from all sources)
    3)are you eating dairy? (if so stop)
    4)do you eat veggies or are you doing the carnivore thing?

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    veggies + fat = poo-town

Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post
    Aloe isn't nutritious. It's irritating which is why it decreases transit time and increases bowel peristaltis.

Few questions:
    1)are you getting enough D? (enough to get your blood levels to 50-80 ng/mL)
    2)are you getting enough magnesium (approx 400-600 mg from all sources)
    3)are you eating dairy? (if so stop)
    4)do you eat veggies or are you doing the carnivore thing?

Yes I get enough D. I am a huge fan of the sun and I supplement.
    I also supplement with magnesium
    I rarley eat dairy
    I read your advice before when you listed the quotes from the PB. So I make sure I eat plenty of veggies.