Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UN wants us to become Vegan! page

TimBell is offline Senior Member

UN wants us to become Vegan!

Primal Fuel
    Wow ... so now the latest news, the U.N. would like the world to become vegan ... just read the article here for yourself ... i think its time for smarter organic production of our meet , not the switch to a vegan diet , everyone is always looking for the quick fix! http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...meat-free-diet

Ahaetulla is offline Member
    I think with the amount of people we have in the world right now, that smarter organic production of our meat is just not feasible... unfortunate truth... thats why you pay out the ass for grass fed beef.
    View all problems as challenges. Look upon negativities that arise as opportunities to learn and to grow. Don't run from them, condemn yourself, or bury your burden in saintly silence. You have a problem? Great. More grist for the mill. Rejoice, dive in, and investigate.
    - Bhante Henepola Gunaratana

shannon is offline Senior Member
    i went vegan for 2mos. right before going primal LOL! i felt great @ first, but boy oh boy did that die really quick. i thought maybe i'd be enlightened somehow if i gave up meat. i now know that i'm the first creature to be taken care of (do the least harm etc...). i know you can be spiritual and eat animals. no regrets here. gotta go my juicy burger is callin' my name. hehehe.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    I'd say it's a great plan to reduce world population through malnutrition.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    I'll go vegan if the UN all go homeless. It's a fair trade I think.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Exactly! Is the UN going to pay to teach the world how to eat a healthy vegan diet filled with the correct supplements and ratios of fats, proteins and carbs? Also, where do we get our most potent protein supplement (whey)? That's right ... from dairy , so what would one do?? Supplement with soy? Enough of that would have terrible side effects on a male's testosterone and hinder our ability to reproduce. Not to mention if we cut out the production of meat ... the mass production of fruits and veggies and the high demand on those would sky rocked! We would just pollute our planet more with poisons to keep produce growing year round through all seasons with unnatural means. I mean we already know what conventional farming does to our fruits and veggies ... just imagine what would happen to them if it was the base of everyones diet in the whole world! We're talking Franken-fruit!
    Also, I'm willing to bet the intake of grains would sky rocket due to lack of education and substitution of fats for carbs! It just screams quick fix to me and grasping at straws ... I almost feel its as silly as saying "The UN urging the world to switch to buddhism" ... you cant just through out statments like that!

Just so you know , I have nothing against anyones choice to be vegan or not consume animal products (or buddhism lol) but i dont think its right to throw out statements like that could have a devastating effect!

Ahaetulla is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rphlslv View Post
    I'd say it's a great plan to reduce world population through malnutrition.
    hmmm... coldhearted to say but maybe that's a step in the right direction... haha
    View all problems as challenges. Look upon negativities that arise as opportunities to learn and to grow. Don't run from them, condemn yourself, or bury your burden in saintly silence. You have a problem? Great. More grist for the mill. Rejoice, dive in, and investigate.
    - Bhante Henepola Gunaratana

Molecular Grokologist is offline Senior Member
    The UN also believes that humans have no right to self-defense and that infringements of free speech are desirable if they keep people from being offended.

I don't much care for the UN.
    Give me liberty. Exploration of other options will be vigorously discouraged.

Wondering something sciencey? Ask me in my Ask a Biochemist Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Molecular Grokologist View Post
    The UN also believes that humans have no right to self-defense and that infringements of free speech are desirable if they keep people from being offended.

I don't much care for the UN.
    Agreed!

stockjohn is offline Senior Member
    I have no problem with veganism whatsoever and if I thought it were healthy would probably tinker with it myself. That said the UN should do something more productive like coming up with humane and effective ways to limit the world's population. That would kill about 7 birds with one stone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast