Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meal suggestions for the next 2-3 weeks page

danmerk23 is offline Junior Member

Meal suggestions for the next 2-3 weeks

Primal Fuel
    I really want to hit some serious weight loss. Even in the 2-3lbs a week zone. I've never been able to hit keytosis since I love to drink wine/beer. The last 5 days I have not had anything to drink but seem to sneak in some extra fruit or piece of chocolate.

I want to keep carbs under 75g a day. Can someone speak to me about meal suggestions for a full day as an example to get me motivated?

Thanks!

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Hmm a lot of people say that Rapid Fatloss by Lyle McDonald works well, though not strictly primal.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...MG1RpRJlPH4OnQ

Found this link on google.. any copyrights issue is not my problem.

Basically you do a crash diet, high protein, low-fat-low-carb-low-calorie, and depending on your current body fat % you do a refeed once in a while.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Interesting. I am not really interested in rapid weight loss, rather actually stick with trying to get into ketosis. I've never done it correctly. I hear others here doing it well. For some reason my carbs end up in the 100g levels because of a dreaded 1/2 sweet potato and fruit. I am just interested in what a day may look like for someone trying to stay in ketosis to really get my metabolism kicking again. I keep getting stuck at 200lbs and want to move on to less body mass/ body fat.

Quote Originally Posted by danmerk23 View Post
    Interesting. I am not really interested in rapid weight loss, rather actually stick with trying to get into ketosis. I've never done it correctly. I hear others here doing it well. For some reason my carbs end up in the 100g levels because of a dreaded 1/2 sweet potato and fruit. I am just interested in what a day may look like for someone trying to stay in ketosis to really get my metabolism kicking again. I keep getting stuck at 200lbs and want to move on to less body mass/ body fat.
    Well you don't need to get into ketosis to lose weight. It sounds like you are already lean but need to strip off the last layer of fat, right?

SpiritWarrior is offline Member
    Something i've started doing is thinking up some food ideas and running it through fitday (www.fitday.com) to see what the damage is. My diet previous to primal only had fruit and veg as carb sources, along with rice / pasta once a week. I'm finding reducing from that difficult but its still quite a new thing for me.

I dont mind eating the same thing day after day, so once i find something in the magic 50g range thats sustainable ill be set.

Good luck!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Under 75g of carbs? Sure.

Breakfast: 5 slices of bacon or side pork, 5 eggs fried/scrambled in the fat, spoonful of coconut oil
    Lunch: IF (really easy after all that fat from breakfast)
    Dinner: Roast beef, romaine lettuce, steamed broccoli with butter, whatever other nonstarchy veggie you want.

Easy peasy. You want to keep your carbs low, eat meat and fat.

Here are a few tips:

Pay attention to omega ratios because that is crucial for weight loss too.
    Don't eat all that bacon and egg yolks (way too many PUFA's).
    Add lots of fish and fish oil and cut out all nuts, seeds, and vegetable oils (besides coconut oil).
    Make sure you are getting iodine in your diet because it's good for your thyroid.
    Lift weights to preserve muscle mass.
    Don't go too low on calories.
    Have a refeed once a week to reset leptin levels and replenish glycogen stores.

Hmm this is what I have been doing lately and it seems to be working.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rphlslv View Post
    Pay attention to omega ratios because that is crucial for weight loss too.
    Don't eat all that bacon and egg yolks (way too many PUFA's).
    Add lots of fish and fish oil and cut out all nuts, seeds, and vegetable oils (besides coconut oil).
    Omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids are both PUFAs, dude. "Lots of fish oil" would be something to avoid, by this logic.
    Here's the composition of a typical egg yolk:

* Unsaturated fatty acids:
    o Oleic acid, 47%
    o Linoleic acid, 16%
    o Palmitoleic acid, 5%
    o Linolenic acid, 2%
    * Saturated fatty acids:
    o Palmitic acid, 23%
    o Stearic acid, 4%
    o Myristic acid, 1%

Over 50% MUFAs, and then you have 28% saturated fat. I don't understand why you're so down on egg yolks.

AnneArchy is offline Senior Member
    How much bacon is too much??? I have about 10 or so slices a week of thick cut bacon . Eggs too? I love eggs and get the best from a friend with his own farm.

rphlslv:
    Thanks for the comments. Lean? Far from it. 208 this morning at 28% body fat; I'm 5'9. I'd give anything to be under 190 or at least 18% body fat. That would be incredible. I was down from 36% bodyfat from March of '09.

Primalchild:

Your diet sounds similar to what I've been eating but I add in lunch which has lately been last night dinner left overs.

Example:
    B: 2eggs + 1 yolk; 2 slices of pork belly or bacon (i make myself); bacon fat/butter
    L: 1 chicken breast + veggie sautee curry cooked in butter
    D: 8oz beef; 1-2c veggies or 3c greens sometimes olive oils, etc.
    S: 1/4c berries (sometimes) some nuts, some dried fruits but not anymore.

My exercising is usually a full body workout like a cross fit/p90x type thing at 30-40min 6 times a week. Last few months I've been having wine or beer, but gave that up this week. Feeling really hungry but not low blood sugar type.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast