Thread: Studying Abroad and Staying Primal? page

Primal_Bruin is offline Junior Member

Studying Abroad and Staying Primal?

Primal Fuel
    Hello everyone,

I was hoping to study abroad in a year or two during the summer, and have always wanted to go to Italy, but realized that it may be a struggle to remain primal there with the largely grain-based diet. Does anyone have any experience with primal eating in Italy?
    On the other hand, I would really like to study somewhere where I can really immerse myself in the culture, so I suppose I could just take a break from primal while I'm there (assuming the diet is as grain-based as I think it is, if I'm wrong here [which I hope I am] please correct me), or study abroad somewhere else where the native diet is more primal (suggestions for countries, anyone?)
    I am primal mostly for the long-term effects, I don't have any weight or health issues (although it has been helping me gain strength and lost a little extra body fat).

If anyone would be kind enough to bestow upon me their knowledge on this topic it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Andy

KimchiNinja is online now Senior Member
    Actually I found a lot of restaurants there served stuff other than grains and dairy. Found plenty of decent pieces of meat, fish and vegetables. And there's a lot of cured meat there.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Personally I would go to wherever you are most drawn and have primal diet a secondary concern, especially if you don't have any health issues. I lived in Europe for a year and a half when I was 22 and it was the best thing I ever did. Was is the best for my health? Um no, but who cares!

I only spent a little time in Italy, I sure would love to go again.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Italy should be easy to stay primal....in my travels there I found far less grain consumption the in Britain or North America. There is a huge focus BAS for lunch, lots of great meats and veg....it should be very very easy.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!