Thread: Lamb chops and Irish butter: my (new) keto/low carb diet! page

concept408 is offline Junior Member

Lamb chops and Irish butter: my (new) keto/low carb diet!

Shop Now
    Greetings all! Long term lurker, occasional poster here.

A brief history:
    I f'ed up my GI tract pretty good back in 2012: too much alcohol, coffee/energy drinks, cigarettes, junk food...too much junk! I was then diagnosed last summer with IBS and gastric ulcer with thinning gastric lining, which was confirmed through endoscopy and colonoscopy. The valves that connected my esophagus to my stomach and stomach to small intestines was damaged as well. Now, things are a bit better but I still have various GI problems.
    Now I am hoping that a keto/low carb diet would enhance my body healing. I also hope that the keto diet would decrease my bodyfat.

I am gonna follow a daily 16/8 intermittent fasting with one or two meals depending on how hungry I am. My food choices are meat, eggs, seafood, nuts, butter/coconut oil, cooked veggies, and small amounts of full-fat dairy. I'll also have small amounts of fruits and safe starches like rice and potatoes on my carb up days, which is once every 10-14 days.

I'll do my best to post pictures of my daily meals, but if not, I'll always post what i've ate.

Hopefully, I'll feel like a teenager before I know it!

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Sounds a lot like my standard diet except I'm not low carb (by primal standards +/- 125g/day). I'm also treating gut issues, probably from wheat intolerance and too many toxins as a vegan. If you're not seeing the results you want, try excluding or at least minimizing nuts; they treat my gut same as legumes.

concept408 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    Sounds a lot like my standard diet except I'm not low carb (by primal standards +/- 125g/day). I'm also treating gut issues, probably from wheat intolerance and too many toxins as a vegan. If you're not seeing the results you want, try excluding or at least minimizing nuts; they treat my gut same as legumes.
    Good idea on the nuts. As of right now, a handful or two of macadamia nuts per day seems to not pose any health concerns to me right now, so I'll continue doing that until things change.

DAY 1: March 10, 2014
    I've been really busy the last two days so I guess I'll make today as my official day 1.

So far today just an AM workout with a cup of coffee with 1 tbsp each of coconut oil and butter.