Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (Laurie) page

lbd
    lbd is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

B - 2 eggs scrambled in butter

- almond milk (have to get unsweetened at the store this afternoon)

L - tin of sardines in olive oil with olives (not sure I have sardine-love)

- butternut squash soup

- apple with 1 tbsp sunbutter

- water

D - will have:

- grass-fed beef hamburgers

- fresh tomatoes from the garden with homemade mayo

- lettuce from garden

- small sweet potato with butter -i know these are not primal, but I am not cutting tubers out completely yet

- peaches

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

fresh tomatoes from the garden- my favorite food ever!

lbd

3 mile walk last night. I love my new Nike Free 5.0 shoes - they aren't barefoot but they are close. My feet feel great after walking in these.

B-almond pancakes (egg, almond flour, baking soda, almond milk) with blackberries, pat of butter, coconut oil for making pancakes

Lots of grok like stuff to do today. I have to clean up the barn (horse/chicken manure!), weed the gardens, do some mowing and trimming, give the dog a bath. Better get started - it's supposed to get hot today.

lbd

B-almond pancakes (egg, almond flour, baking soda, almond milk) with blackberries, pat of butter, coconut oil for making pancakes

Followed with 2 hours of hauling wet horse manure, shoveling, raking, and heaving it onto a pile. Went on vacation and the boy doing the feeding didn't think it was necessary to pick up the piles. One week x 5 horses x no cleaning up x lots of rain = much primal exercise.

L - leftover ribeye, broccoli salad (tasted really sweet even with the tiny amount of sugar that was in it), a chocolate covered marshmallow (yeah, i know)

Followed with massive weeding around the driveway garden beds, pushmowing lots of heavy weeded areas, pulling weeds in the garden - 2 hours

D - Homemade crabcakes (no bread filler - why do people think they need that stuff? egg does fine), wonderful salad with my own or local veggies - lettuce, squash, cucumber, tomato, carrot topped with homemade avocado dressing, small square of dark chocolate, unsweetened tea

Been trying Fitday to see if I hit the carb sweet spot. Yesterday, no, thanks to sweet potato, but today, a big YES - 80g carbs. I know some of you think that is high but it is way down from what I have been probably eating.

Fat (90g) has averaged about 50-55%. It that pretty normal? 83g protein.

I'm not going to do Fitday long - It took me a long time to get out of diet-think and I don't want to go back there, but I think it is a good guide to give me an idea of what I should be doing.

lbd

69.8 carbs for the day again - Sweet spot

B- 2 Eggs fried in butter

Almond milk

Snack - Boomi bar (almond meal, whey protein, honey - that's it!)

L- Mixed salad w/dressing, some shredded cheese - limited choice since I was working and everyone else was served pizza

D- Pork tenderloin - 2 slices fried in olive oil

Broccoli salad

Marshmallow, chocolate covered

2 Plums (small yellow)

Snack - 2 thin slices of bologna - I was starving when I got home from work and I had no protein at lunch so I popped these in. Not the best choice.

Work on having better snacks available if needed and pack lunch for school meetings!

2 mile walk after dinner.

lbd

Thursday: Carbs 115 - a little high

B-

Egg, scrambled in butter

Banana muffin (almond flour, banana, honey, sunflower seeds, egg)

Almond milk

L-

Pork chop

Sweet potato with a little butter

Marshmallow, chocolate covered

D-

Squash, spaghetti

Homemade paghetti sauce with grass-fed beef

Chocolate,dark (small square)

lbd

3 mile walk this morning.

Badminton (play!) last evening.

B-

Banana muffin (from yesterday's recipe - no grain)

2 eggs, fried in butter

almond milk (unsweetened)

L-

leftover spaghetti squash and sauce

choc. marshmallow

lbd

Bit behind - busy weekend so far. So start over today. Family cookout today and husband's birthday, so I will stay as primal as possible. I offered to bring the beef for the burgers since I have tons of grass-fed in the freezer. Made a gluten-free cake for my husband, but there is rice flour in it (Namaste cake mix). I will probably have one piece (my 80/20 day) but everything else should be quite primal. Burgers, no buns, salads, fruit.

Went with my 21 yr old daughter to get Vibrams for her. She loves them. She runs about 3 miles per day, but had ankle soreness in regular running shoes. No ankle soreness in these after a 3 mile break-in run. The guy at the trail outfitters store nearly jumped for joy when she asked for them. He said he ran 15 miles in them last weekend and he was happy to find a kindred spirit. I tried on a pair too, but just having bought Nike Free 5.0s, I might wait a bit to splurge on these too.

lbd

B-

1 egg

1 tbsp raisins/cranberries

1 inch piece GF cake

almond milk

L-

peach

thigh and drumstick

marshmallow

S-

2 inch piece of GF cake

D-

bacon

tomatoes

balsamic vinegar

radishes

marshmallow

2 plums

-Bit of a struggle with sugar today. It's hot and sticky here and for some reason, I am craving sweet stuff. I just had small amounts, but I can do better tomorrow.

lbd

PrimalCon New York

Less of a struggle with sugar today, but carbs still too high - about 107. However, the trend after the weekend is in the right direction.

I've got to get some more meat selections on the house that are quick and easy to eat. Kind of getting sick of eggs for a quick meal. I have lots of beef in the freezer, but that is hard to fix quick.

I did fry my eggs this evening in some chicken fat skimmed from the broth I made from a whole chicken (truly pasture-raised) this past weekend. Added a nice flavor to my omelet.

Ok, the GF cake is gone, so onward!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast