Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (Laurie) page 2

lbd
    lbd is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Still high carbs today - 117. Definitely crunching for time affects my eating. Meat takes a while to cook! I would love to find a good recipe for jerky that does not include soy sauce so I can make some of my own from all that beef in my freezer.

lbd

Better on carbs yesterday - 90. Moving in the right direction. New cookbook by Elana Amsterdam on cooking with almond flour is helping, since almond flour is much lower in carbs than grain-based flours.

Watching a news program this morning out of Baltimore and they are doing a story on a guy using kettlebells and sledgehammers!

lbd

Carbs today - 80 - still in the right direction.

lbd

Walked this morning about 3 miles. Breakfast of eggs and nitrite-free organic hotdogs (no by-products or grains). Lunch was roast beef from local stand with mayo and tomato from the garden and banana. Dinner was fried tomatoes and squash - fried in bacon grease, with bacon and tomato gravy. Gravy had some rice flour, but was worth it. Little bit of dark chocolate. A little carb heavy probably, but I only have this meal once a summer. This was a specialty of my mother's and it brings back good memories of summer days.

lbd

Walked 3 miles. Almond flour muffins with blueberries and banana - no sugar. Almond milk. Chicken salad and a few chips. Roast beef with salad for dinner. Yum! 78 carbs.

lbd

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Phew! Back to school week (I teach) so I haven't had much time or inclination to post. I definitely have to spend some time looking at the suggestions for lunches and quick breakfasts now that I am back. I tend to just grab whatever is in sight (thankfully they are all gluten free at least). But, still too heavy on other grains at times. Daughter is back to college and husband is away so I can clean out the temptations and get a clean cupboard. Still walking, adding some play (badminton!), and am looking for a way to add a chin-up bar to our old swingset that is sitting there doing nothing. I find some sugary things too sweet now and am often not terribly hungry in the morning so I will experiment with some breakfast fasting from time to time to see how that goes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12