Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sweetener of Choice page

Rivvin is offline Senior Member

Sweetener of Choice

This is not a thread to declare how much you are against sweeteners or "I dont sweeten anything because I'm primal and my tastebuds are super (d)evolved!"

What it IS, is a thread to discuss sweeteners for those of us that still want to add sweetness to our coffees/teas/desserts!

I purchased the following and its going to be delivered today: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

Did I just buy something nasty? Would you recommend I try something else once I use this up?

What do YOU use?

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    I'll use a lil bit of honey on BBQ and in tea sometimes
    or a really ripe bannana in a smoothie
    The whey protein powder I use has a little bit of artificial sweetness too it that makes my smoothies taste like a milkshake

Bird Goddess is offline Senior Member
    Mark's "Primal Cookbook" uses raw organic honey or Grade B real maple syrup as a sweetener. Also, he recommends Dutch cocoa.

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    ahh forgot about maple syrup. I love adding a lil splash of maple syrup to cooked pork sausage

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Ah yes, I put Hershey's Special Dark Powder in my coffee almost every morning... I am in love with it

I would prefer something a bit more higher quality, but thats about all I've found where I live.

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    I use stevia, I'm one of those strange people that like the taste lol I find the powder is much more bitter. Good choice on grabbing the liquid! 5 drops =1tsp of sugar sweetness btw. It does have a bit of a liquorice taste to it when I put it in my coffee.
    Calm the f**k down.

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    I use grade B maple syrup (and a bit of water) to deglaze the fry pan after cooking a steak: makes great sauce.
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    "No thank you, Turkish. I'm sweet enough." --Bricktop from Snatch.

Grol is offline Senior Member
    Berries. Coconut Milk. Cream.

I'm a recovering sugar junkie. Anything real sweet is just a gateway drug to me.

Ahaetulla is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Stevia here... I've got both the liquid extract, and the powder form. Both taste good to me.. I use it in tea, coffee, and to sweeten up cranberry juice.
    View all problems as challenges. Look upon negativities that arise as opportunities to learn and to grow. Don't run from them, condemn yourself, or bury your burden in saintly silence. You have a problem? Great. More grist for the mill. Rejoice, dive in, and investigate.
    - Bhante Henepola Gunaratana

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast