Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to get the last layer off this bride??? page

fragileknees is offline Member

Lightbulb How to get the last layer off this bride???

Shop Now
    Hi. I am interested in strategies for loosing the last bit of stubborn weight. I went primal in April and have lost 10 lbs. and 3% bodyfat. I am a 5'4" female and currently 140-141 lbs. 21% bodyfat. I am interested in loosing about 5-10 lbs. and/or 2-3% bodyfat in the next two months. I have been stalled for about 3 weeks now (140-141 seems to be a very happy set point for me). I will be getting married in a few months and would love to just be a tad smaller/more defined!!! I am pretty diciplined with primal food and exercise. I eat 2-3x a day and am pretty low carb (<30) and high fat with a typical day being B: IF or 3 eggs with sausage/bacon, L: BAS or leftovers, D: meat and veggies. I do 1 16 hr fast and 1 24 hr fast per week. My 20% (more like 10%) for any given week includes cheese, cream, alcohol, and dark chocolate. I try to stay away from starchy veggies, fruit, nuts, and snacking in general. For exercise I lift 2-3x per week (bodyweight or big compound movements for about 30 min), I jog/walk 3-4x (20-40 min) a week, I sprint 1x a week, I try to take 1 day pretty easy. So... how to make my final cut? It shouldn't be THAT hard to get below 20% bodyfat... right? I'm looking for experienced advice. Maybe a carb-refeed once every 1-2 weeks? I would think a carb refeed would only be necesary for a woman less than 17-18% bodyfat, but maybe not? What do you think? How can this bride make the final cut? Thanks in advance!

dacec is offline Senior Member
    I think you are doing all the right things and you just need to be patient.

I was focused on losing a couple more pounds, I was obsessed over it. It was all I could think about and I did all the right things and for several weeks the scale would not budge. One day I woke up 3 lbs lighter and stayed that way....go figure.

I think you just need more time.

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member
    have a read around here

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/?x=0&y=0
    www.healthfreakrevolution.com

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Leptin.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Martin just put a thing on leangains about losing the last bit of fat too. He's not fully primal but I like his advice about intermittent fasting.

http://www.leangains.com/

Leptin? Meaning refeed? Thanks to the other responders

Egoldstein is offline Senior Member
    I personally do not recommend doing anything drastically different if this has been successful. Many of the stories of the refeed that people tried in the past few days did not seem to have dramatic results and left some feeling unwell. I would say to try eliminating dairy altogether for a couple of weeks and see what that does.

Also, leading up to the wedding, most brides I know tend to lose weight in the runup with all of the activities, family, and frenetic pace.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fragileknees View Post
    Leptin? Meaning refeed? Thanks to the other responders
    Yes, it works.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

emmie is online now Senior Member
    Personally, if I were in your situation, I'd cut that "20%" to nothing for a while. All of those things can stall weight loss.

If I tolerate dairy well, then why drop it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast