Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you refuse to give up? page

Ahaetulla is offline Member

What do you refuse to give up?

Primal Fuel
    Since going Primal, what foods have you just flat out refused to give up? For me, it's beer. I have a pretty strong love affair with it and cannot imagine life without it! Especially long days out in the sun... nothing else quite hits the spot like an ice cold beer.

I also refuse to completely give up potatoes, though I have cut WAY back... and corn... which I have also almost completely cut out but still can't resist a nice hot grilled corn cob when the opportunity arises.

So what about you?
    View all problems as challenges. Look upon negativities that arise as opportunities to learn and to grow. Don't run from them, condemn yourself, or bury your burden in saintly silence. You have a problem? Great. More grist for the mill. Rejoice, dive in, and investigate.
    - Bhante Henepola Gunaratana

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Cheese.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Ahaetulla is offline Member
    Oh yeah I shoulda mentioned that one. I still eat cheese every single day. It probably takes up all of the 20 in my 80/20
    View all problems as challenges. Look upon negativities that arise as opportunities to learn and to grow. Don't run from them, condemn yourself, or bury your burden in saintly silence. You have a problem? Great. More grist for the mill. Rejoice, dive in, and investigate.
    - Bhante Henepola Gunaratana

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    i refuse to give up maryjane. chronic. herb. da buddha.
    Tho Im workin on ways to avaoid smoking. Edibles, vaporizors, organic extractions, alcohol tinctures. I like to take a harmless recreation drug and concentrate it to the point of it being a problem.

Food wise I havent come across anything non-primal that I HAVE to eat.

Jenn is offline Senior Member
    Sugar free gum. I sit at a desk all day and chewing gum seems to keep me keep me alert....plus gets rid of coffee breath.

AnneArchy is offline Senior Member
    Red wine. Although it's permissible a lot of people here are cutting it out. I go out to eat and just don't seem to enjoy a nice meal as much with a glass of water. I love the way a nice red wine compliments food.

AntonG is offline Senior Member
    nothing, im 100% primal. i can get obsessive with diet so i have no problems giving anything up. i tried eating wings done dry at the bar 2 weeks ago and it gave me a HUGE headache, im guessing from msg or the crap oils. so thats out of the question now.

my only downfall is not always buying clean primal food. i workout pretty much everyday at high intensity so i eat just enormous amounts of food for someone whos 180lbs. it gets expensive to buy that much grass fed beef. yesterday i was waiting for pay day so i just got regular 80/20 ground beef because it was on sale for 2.49 lb. it was postworkout so i just destroyed a pound and a half along with bacon and tomatoes. not really the same as not being able to give up non primal foods but its an area where i am trying to improve

AntonG is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatMe216 View Post
    i refuse to give up maryjane. chronic. herb. da buddha.
    Tho Im workin on ways to avaoid smoking. Edibles, vaporizors, organic extractions, alcohol tinctures. I like to take a harmless recreation drug and concentrate it to the point of it being a problem.

Food wise I havent come across anything non-primal that I HAVE to eat.
    oh man i gave that up 3 months ago cold turkey. i was abusing like a maniac for 5 years. try stopping, you would be surprised how much better you will feel. my energy is up, memory is better, testosterone is way higher. ive come to a conclusion that its something that should be done occasionally, recreationally. otherwise it takes the fun out of it.

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AntonG View Post
    ive come to a conclusion that its something that should be done occasionally, recreationally. otherwise it takes the fun out of it.
    agreed. I limit my usage, and concentrate my dosage. Much stronger effects when used in moderation

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    I have found it impossible to give up dairy. I don't drink milk, but I fucking LOVE LOVE LOVE fage, heavy cream, and marscapone (a new one)

I can't stop eating them, and try to limit my fage to one serving every other day most of the time, but I consume at least some heavy cream every morning.

Marscapone going on two days now... still have two more days to go until this container is empty...

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast