Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sugar definitely worst thing say same people who said it was definitely fat page

johnny767 is offline Member

Red face Sugar definitely worst thing say same people who said it was definitely fat

THE people who were utterly convinced that fat was the worst thing are now utterly convinced that it is sugar.

Definitely

Food scientists revealed that this time they were almost certainly 100 percent correct and the thing you must absolutely avoid is definitely probably sugar.

Dr Martin Bishop said: “Did I say it was fat? I don’t think I did say it was fat.

Okay, maybe I did. It was a long time ago and there was a lot of stuff going on in my private life that I don’t want to talk about. Anyway. It’s definitely sugar.

“Or protein.”

Nathan Muir, from Stevenage, said: “You did seem awfully sure it was fat. That’s why I gave up butter. That’s why I’ve been eating this omega 3 bullshit.

“Because you seemed so very, very sure.”

He added: “I absolutely dare you to change your mind again.”

Jane Thompson, from Peterborough, said: “I’m just going to assume the entire debate is controlled by multinational corporations and eat whatever the fuck I want.

“Which is probably what they want me to do anyway.”

ToldUzo is online now Senior Member
    X is definetely the worst thing... until something else is "proven"

Every single food on earth is bad if you eat too much of it. The question is: What is "too much"? That varies depending on the quality of the food, genetics, age, lifestile, polútion, stress etc.
    Take a walk on the wild side.

markwhelan92 is offline Junior Member
    I'm getting ahead of the game and going on a 90% sugar diet

alanwil2 is offline Member
    After reading "Good Calories, Bad Calories" by Gary Taubes and "Grain Brain" by Dr. David Perlmutter, the evidence is sugar and grains are evil.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Let's do a little thinking.

Refined sugar has existed for thousands of years. Sugar consumption has increased over the past century, but it has been common for a few centuries. American Colonialists were well-known for consuming sugar as the sugar tax was one of the driving factors in the American Revolution.

Grain consumption has decreased in the past century. While it may still be the "foundation" of the Food Pyramid, it is a poverty food in general. Wealth has increased immensely in the past century in America, and grain consumption has decreased as a percentage of total calories in the American diet. Most poor countries free of modern disease eat far more grain than we do.

Refined vegetable oils didn't exist in quantity til the 1970's and are unavailable in most "traditional" poor countries. 60 years ago, they didn't exist in the food supply and were used for making paints. A century ago, they didn't exist at all.

Obesity and heart disease went through the roof since the late 1970's.

Are grains and sugar the problem? Or is the vegetable oils the sugary dough balls are fried in confounding the issue?
    Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 03-07-2014 at 12:16 PM.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Being fat is the worst thing. After attention is appropriately placed, one can focus on what makes people fat. There, I simplified a scientific problem.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 03-07-2014 at 01:05 PM.
    nihil

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alanwil2 View Post
    After reading "Good Calories, Bad Calories" by Gary Taubes and "Grain Brain" by Dr. David Perlmutter, the evidence is sugar and grains are evil.
    Solid. Is that a logical axiom then?

It's about time people realize that neither sugar nor grains are evil. It's the sub-standard processed junk many mindlessly ingest every day. And the lack of culinary culture in the modern developed world. Home cooked meals are on their way to becoming a thing of the past. It's way more convenient to just go by the drive-thru or open a box, or something.

Eureka5280 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post

And the lack of culinary culture in the modern developed world. Home cooked meals are on their way to becoming a thing of the past. It's way more convenient to just go by the drive-thru or open a box, or something.
    I forgot who brought this up earlier this week, but it could also be that culinary culture has become TOO emphasized. With 24 hour food channels constantly showing off resource-intensive gourmet meals, many people have forgotten that it used to be totally acceptable to make a simple one-pot or basic meat/veg/carb type meal every night. It's like if you didn't spend an extra 20 minutes painstakingly creating a sauce out of some obscure fruit you found at Whole Foods your home cooked meal is a failure.

I guess some people literally just don't know how to prepare their own food and are intimidated, but in the time it takes to get in the car and drive to Subway and back, you can easily cook some rice and a stir fry, or pan fry a steak with some sauteed greens. Better food and cheaper to boot.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    It's about time people realize that neither sugar nor grains are evil. It's the sub-standard processed junk many mindlessly ingest every day. And the lack of culinary culture in the modern developed world. Home cooked meals are on their way to becoming a thing of the past. It's way more convenient to just go by the drive-thru or open a box, or something.
    I couldn't agree more! And what ever happened to setting the table and eating with others? No wonder the world is going to hell in a handbasket, people are getting their food at "drive throughs" and shoving it down their gullets, losing all ability to cook/feed themselves and interact with other humans. Sorry for the rant it's one of my pet peeves. It's not really my fault the only piece of advice my mom gave me when I moved out was "always set a nice table". She also bought me a set of Le Creuset.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

MEversbergII is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Eureka5280 View Post
    I forgot who brought this up earlier this week, but it could also be that culinary culture has become TOO emphasized. With 24 hour food channels constantly showing off resource-intensive gourmet meals, many people have forgotten that it used to be totally acceptable to make a simple one-pot or basic meat/veg/carb type meal every night. It's like if you didn't spend an extra 20 minutes painstakingly creating a sauce out of some obscure fruit you found at Whole Foods your home cooked meal is a failure.

I guess some people literally just don't know how to prepare their own food and are intimidated, but in the time it takes to get in the car and drive to Subway and back, you can easily cook some rice and a stir fry, or pan fry a steak with some sauteed greens. Better food and cheaper to boot.
    That -might- have been me. I was just thinking about something like that earlier this week, but I have the memory of a guppy sometimes.

Taco, I'm not calling you out but could you introduce me to a few of these high-grain eating countries free of modern disease? I could just about use some good news.

Each week I spend here I find the diet part of the Blueprint to be more and more bunk...

M.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast