Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Sugar definitely worst thing say same people who said it was definitely fat page 13

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    You aren't studying anything. You have yet to cite a single study. You have yet to list any biochemical and or genetic mechanism that suggest we should eat lower carb and most meat/fat. You are just making personal attacks and citing your own paleo fantasies.
    :/ http://www.npr.org/2010/08/02/128849...ade-us-smarter

You want more? Oh and I already posted a link for Chaco
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Moose View Post
    I am not saying that any of that is wrong. What I am saying is that they would not have been able to procure animals on a daily basis and when they did, fat and offal was not going to be as significant a portion of any one individuals calories like some people that delusionally romanticize the time period make it out to be. They had to divide it among the whole tribe and everybody only got a small portion of those most prized parts. I am also saying they were going to eat every available edible plant calorie that they could. That would mean gorging themselves on fruits or tubers or anything else that they found whenever they could. For the majority of the planet, there is some amount of edible plant material available year round, and some of it could be stored (much more easily than animal products, for primitive man).
    Just how long do you think it takes to eat a biffalo or even a mammoth, esp if you include fish and whatever plants they could get? Btw You a hunter?
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

guitarfan85 is offline Senior Member
    My diet is high in Lorenzo's Oil and I've been healthier than ever!

TQP
    TQP is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    :/ http://www.npr.org/2010/08/02/128849...ade-us-smarter

You want more? Oh and I already posted a link for Chaco
    That isn't a *scientific* study. It's one dude talking a lot without any sources...One dude suggesting our ancestors had to eat some meat who is actually almost vegan himself (potatoes and mangoes) from what I scanned.

He didn't say we had to rely on meat. He said we ate cooked food, including meat. He didn't say we had to be low carb, or get a majority of our calories from meat. I personally eat SOME cooked meat too.

So this doesn't prove your point at all, even if this WAS a scientific study, which it's not.

Primal Moose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    Just how long do you think it takes to eat a biffalo or even a mammoth, esp if you include fish and whatever plants they could get? Btw You a hunter?
    Amongst a whole tribe? It would not have lasted long. But that is not the point. Seriously, do you just not read? Let's just say that by the time that all the meat is gone, they've killed another animal. I have repeatedly said that the offal and fat stores, that so many people on this forum think made up the mainstay of the diet, would have been gone right away and would have been divided up amongst a whole tribe, making up an actual small part of the overall diet.

Does that mean that those parts aren't more nutritious than muscle meat? No. Does that mean that we, who have the ability to eat offal on a regular basis shouldn't? No. I eat about equal parts lean meat and offal with plenty of marrow or gelatinous bones and joints sprinkled in. However, I do that because I have read enough and, more importantly, self-experimented enough to decide that those animal products plus fruit and tubers is the healthiest option for ME at this point in my life. Not because I have a delusional view of my ancestors and that all of humanity should eat this way. Some people do miraculously on HFLC, some don't. I like ancestral diets as a starting point. I'm just saying that we need to have a realistic view of our ancestors and why they ate what they ate and then find what truly works for us as individuals to optimally meet your goals...and that means that an athlete will eat differently from a pencil pusher from someone who is seeking to reach 120 years old. And there will be further variations within those groups. But as long as people remain fat-phobic or carb-phobic or anything else, people won't find what works optimally for them.

HFLC worked for me, to a point. Then I added more fruits and tubers and white rice as an experiment and did even better. But it took me a long time to get over that phobia.

And, as I have previously stated in this thread. Yes. I am a hunter. Deer, boar, small game, and most birds legal to shoot in northern CA..hopefully my first bear this year, as well.
    Last edited by Primal Moose; 03-10-2014 at 12:23 AM.

jennyF is offline Junior Member
    Okay, maybe I did. It was a long time ago and there was a lot of stuff going on in my private life that I donít want to talk about. Anyway. Itís definitely sugar. Or protein...

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Just a thing...I don't know how big mastadon or mammoth oogly bits were, but if they're anything like an elephant today in mass, there's plenty to go about. African Elephant bits:

Liver: 77kg
    Heart: 22kg

Couldn't find any stats for the other organs. These guys weigh 7 tons though, so...yeah.

Heart and liver alone, if your tribe was 100 people, gets you about a kilo of heart/liver bits per elephant per person. Then you have the muscle meat, which is pretty massive. Bones, etc...though cracking open an elephant bone (and by extension, maybe mastadon or mammoth bones) is probably pretty crazy.

M.

Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    That isn't a *scientific* study. It's one dude talking a lot without any sources...One dude suggesting our ancestors had to eat some meat who is actually almost vegan himself (potatoes and mangoes) from what I scanned.

He didn't say we had to rely on meat. He said we ate cooked food, including meat. He didn't say we had to be low carb, or get a majority of our calories from meat. I personally eat SOME cooked meat too.

So this doesn't prove your point at all, even if this WAS a scientific study, which it's not.
    No these sources are only written by professional opinion with lengthy bibliographies to studies

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...-meat-excerpt/

http://m.jn.nutrition.org/content/133/11/3886S.long

Dann is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    Do you understand how much sugar is in the average fizzy soda?
    yap. yap.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    This is so far away from naturally occurring sugars in roots and fruits to be as good as eating sugar form the bag. Another example: Boiled sweets: Almost entirely sugar.
    ehhhh, it's not iso. a reg. coke doesn't taste like a tablespoon of sugar.

i'm still not seeing what's bad about it (assuming they aren't drank into excess)
    Last edited by Dann; 03-10-2014 at 08:50 AM.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    Just a thing...I don't know how big mastadon or mammoth oogly bits were, but if they're anything like an elephant today in mass, there's plenty to go about. African Elephant bits:

Liver: 77kg
    Heart: 22kg

Couldn't find any stats for the other organs. These guys weigh 7 tons though, so...yeah.

Heart and liver alone, if your tribe was 100 people, gets you about a kilo of heart/liver bits per elephant per person. Then you have the muscle meat, which is pretty massive. Bones, etc...though cracking open an elephant bone (and by extension, maybe mastadon or mammoth bones) is probably pretty crazy.

M.
    Makes me sort of wonder how long ago products like pemmican came into existence? I've not really looked into extensively. I would assume though that it would not take long after we began cooking meat to note that the rendered fat did not spoil. How long from there until we started putting it in animal pouches and preserving bits of meat or berries and such in it? This and fermentatiom would seem to be the oldest forms of preservation available for tens of thousands of years in my estimation.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast