Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Sugar definitely worst thing say same people who said it was definitely fat page 12

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    Are you really basing your diet off of finger paint drawings?

So scientific. Primal enthusiasts we have a winner.
    I already told you that I base it upon evolutionary medicine...an evolutionary Paleo template
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

TQP
    TQP is online now Senior Member

Sugar definitely worst thing say same people who said it was definitely fat

Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    I already told you that I base it upon evolutionary medicine...an evolutionary Paleo template
    You base your diet on your own romanticized and delusional views of a bygone past where our ancestors practiced survival- and not health-based eating.
    JOURNAL.

Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog. (Latest recipe: Popsicles!)

Professional Style Website. (Latest features: How to Remix a Pant Suit; Courtney, Fashion Editor)

"A sense of humour and a little lack of respect: that's what you need to make a legend survive."- Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Moose View Post
    So, you're admitting that I was right?
    Not at all. What could you possibly know about primitive survival that I don't if haven't studied if yourself?
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

You base your diet on your own romanticized and delusional views of a bygone past where our ancestors practiced survival- and not health-based eating.
    And you eat 10 bananas per day. Last time your prehistoric ancestors eat that much daily fruit was before Lucy.

Primal Moose is offline Senior Member
    Not at all. What could you possibly know about primitive survival that I don't if haven't studied if yourself?
    But, you did. i said that they ate every edible calorie that they could get their hands on and that included all edible plant material. Their concern was survival, not long-term health or an optimal body. As long as it didn't make them get sick and die after eating it, they ate it. But they also didn't have unlimited options. Different plant foods were seasonal. They were not able to take an animal every single day. And when they could, they had to divide it up among a whole tribe. The fat stores and offal did not make up the majority of their regular calories.

And what kind of pompous twit spouts brainless non-sense and then claims to know what others have studied?

TQP
    And you eat 10 bananas per day. Last time your prehistoric ancestors eat that much daily fruit was before Lucy.
    I never said I ate according to my ancestors. Are you even reading what I am saying? I told you I don't care what they ate because they aren't the ultimate picture of health.

I base my food intake on science which IMO is better than caveman finger paintings and unsupported conjectures.
    JOURNAL.

Professional Style Website. (Latest features: How to Remix a Pant Suit; Courtney, Fashion Editor)

"A sense of humour and a little lack of respect: that's what you need to make a legend survive."- Karl Lagerfeld

I never said I ate according to my ancestors. Are you even reading what I am saying? I told you I don't care what they ate because they aren't the ultimate picture of health.

I base my food intake on science which IMO is better than caveman finger paintings and unsupported conjectures.
    Yeah I know you don't. That's obvious so why are you in a Paleo/primal message board? Btw studying evolutionary nutrition and applying what you learn is science

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Moose View Post
    But, you did. i said that they ate every edible calorie that they could get their hands on and that included all edible plant material. Their concern was survival, not long-term health or an optimal body. As long as it didn't make them get sick and die after eating it, they ate it. But they also didn't have unlimited options. Different plant foods were seasonal. They were not able to take an animal every single day. And when they could, they had to divide it up among a whole tribe. The fat stores and offal did not make up the majority of their regular calories.

And what kind of pompous twit spouts brainless non-sense and then claims to know what others have studied?
    If you stick me out in an ice Europe the biggest contributions to calories is going yo come from animals and fish, and I'll get as much of that as I can from setting traps. If there's no game to hung and trap I'm going to starve...Even ishi couldn't go it alone and he lived the life

TQP

Sugar definitely worst thing say same people who said it was definitely fat

Yeah I know you don't. That's obvious so why are you in a Paleo/primal message board? Btw studying evolutionary nutrition and applying what you learn is science
    You aren't studying anything. You have yet to cite a single study. You have yet to list any biochemical and or genetic mechanism that suggest we should eat lower carb and most meat/fat. You are just making personal attacks and citing your own paleo fantasies.
    JOURNAL.

Primal Moose is offline Senior Member
    If you stick me out in an ice Europe the biggest contributions to calories is going yo come from animals and fish, and I'll get as much of that as I can from setting traps. If there's no game to hung and trap I'm going to starve...Even ishi couldn't go it alone and he lived the life
    I am not saying that any of that is wrong. What I am saying is that they would not have been able to procure animals on a daily basis and when they did, fat and offal was not going to be as significant a portion of any one individuals calories like some people that delusionally romanticize the time period make it out to be. They had to divide it among the whole tribe and everybody only got a small portion of those most prized parts. I am also saying they were going to eat every available edible plant calorie that they could. That would mean gorging themselves on fruits or tubers or anything else that they found whenever they could. For the majority of the planet, there is some amount of edible plant material available year round, and some of it could be stored (much more easily than animal products, for primitive man).

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast